News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Virgin trains could soon diasappear

Started by monkeyjoe, April 10, 2019, 08:07:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

monkeyjoe

Due to fact stagecoach banned from bidding for lines, people pleased or indifferent etc

mikestone

My first thought was Virgin would go to court but
;
https://news.sky.com/story/east-midlands-rail-franchise-awarded-after-stagecoach-disqualified-11689381
;
suggests that the bearded tw*t has accepted it.
;
Personally I think the reputational risk from disruption while HS2 is built and the likelihood traffic projections prove  ludicrously optimistic when it does open, because no high speed line has ever been built where the existing service offers 125 mph trains every twenty minutes, means they are well out of it.

Trident 4194

Quote from: mikestone on April 10, 2019, 08:47:51 PM
My first thought was Virgin would go to court but
;
https://news.sky.com/story/east-midlands-rail-franchise-awarded-after-stagecoach-disqualified-11689381
;
suggests that the bearded tw*t has accepted it.
;
Personally I think the reputational risk from disruption while HS2 is built and the likelihood traffic projections prove  ludicrously optimistic when it does open, because no high speed line has ever been built where the existing service offers 125 mph trains every twenty minutes, means they are well out of it.

How is he a twat?

Stuharris 6360

To be honest, I think that Virgin Trains have run the franchise well.

All this is because the government are trying to get out of a commitment that they made when the railways were originally franchised with regard to the Railway Pension scheme.

So Virgin Trains will go and I can see that under any new franchise, fares will rise and a less superior service will follow. Thank god for Chiltern and London North Western Trains.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Trident 4194

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on April 12, 2019, 03:05:32 PM
To be honest, I think that Virgin Trains have run the franchise well.

All this is because the government are trying to get out of a commitment that they made when the railways were originally franchised with regard to the Railway Pension scheme.

So Virgin Trains will go and I can see that under any new franchise, fares will rise and a less superior service will follow. Thank god for Chiltern and London North Western Trains.

There a lot better than cross country that's for sure

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk