News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Walsall Garage

Started by Nathan4775, April 06, 2012, 06:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ellspurs

It's "work at the other garage" week!

PB2938

Quote from: 2206 on October 03, 2022, 10:54:24 PMSome of the Coventry 48XX 49XX E400 could go to Walsall maybe to increase capacity?

What about the 77, is it used much it in the Erdington area. As the 77/77A together have a half hourly frequency.

Not possible for 77 to be double deck low trees pype Hayes.

77A low bridge park road sutton

952A Rugeley
Via Great Barr,  Walsall, Cheslyn Hay, Cannock, Heath Hayes and Hednesford

Quote from: PB2938 on October 05, 2022, 09:47:00 PMNot possible for 77 to be double deck low trees pype Hayes.

77A low bridge park road sutton

77A could be fairly easily rerouted, without missing any stops I believe along Upper Clifton Road into Sutton.
I have seen Perry Barr Gemini on Clifton Road running dead before.
Doubt they actually need deckers though.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Westy

Low trees ISTR,  was one of the reasons for the Dudley service going single deck years ago.

Are Nx actively talking to the relevant local authority (Sandwell I think?) about this or not?

Jack6101

Quote from: Westy on October 05, 2022, 10:29:34 PMLow trees ISTR,  was one of the reasons for the Dudley service going single deck years ago.

Are Nx actively talking to the relevant local authority (Sandwell I think?) about this or not?
I think it's powis Ave in tipton ( Sandwell)on the 11 has low trees , not sure of any others on the route , deckers would be so welcomed on them Dudley to Walsall services 
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

Westy

DJ

Quote from: Westy on October 11, 2022, 07:17:33 PMhttps://www.birminghammail.co.uk/black-country/bus-driver-shortage-leaving-fed-25236060

Not good is it?
For what it's worth, two buses (one 11 and one 11A) didn't turn up on my way home on Friday night. It's not great waiting for over an hour in the cold!

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Westy

Quote from: DJ on October 11, 2022, 08:33:34 PMFor what it's worth, two buses (one 11 and one 11A) didn't turn up on my way home on Friday night. It's not great waiting for over an hour in the cold!

As mentioned before, I used to catch that route a few years ago & had many issues with it.

I feel your pain.

winston

Quote from: Westy on October 11, 2022, 07:17:33 PMhttps://www.birminghammail.co.uk/black-country/bus-driver-shortage-leaving-fed-25236060

Not good is it?
Never seen so many complaints on NXWM's Facebook page. Even complaints of late evening services not turning up / big gaps in service from an NX Group investor being posted on a share trading bulletin board. 
That's not going to do anything for passenger numbers & routes being commercially viable.... 

Westy

Someone on Facebook reckons she's heard 2 drivers talking & they've mentioned strike action!

Only the Metro has mentioned strikes so far!

Presumably this is 'Chinese whispers'?

As I said to the poster concerned, 'We'll see"!

Tony

QuoteSomeone on Facebook reckons she's heard 2 drivers talking & they've mentioned strike action!

Only the Metro has mentioned strikes so far!

Presumably this is 'Chinese whispers'?

As I said to the poster concerned, 'We'll see"!
Two drivers having a personal chat is news? I have chats with other staff and mention strike action, In sentences like "Have you seen xxx are on strike now"

Westy

Quote from: Tony on October 12, 2022, 08:07:41 PMTwo drivers having a personal chat is news? I have chats with other staff and mention strike action, In sentences like "Have you seen xxx are on strike now"
Well, I didn't say I believed them though.

I'll wait for official news, if any.

WalsallBuses2007

QuoteSundays and evening journeys on WA 10 will now be single deck due to Anti Social behaviour.
Well i can see why 4125 was victim on the 16:55 journey from brownhills youths at the back smashed the windows on the top deck with the emergancy break glass hammer got into walsall with glass shatterd unsurprisingly this returned back to the garage when it dropped the youths off at Walsall

Westy

Even the heritage buses ain't safe!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk