News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Walsall Garage

Started by Nathan4775, April 06, 2012, 06:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lukeee

Quote from: BlackCountryBusSpotter on February 26, 2024, 10:28:17 AMThat's also a dangerous peice of driving, He can't reverse in the middle of Traffic, and NX Drivers need Banksman not members of the Public to reverse. Banksman have nessceary training the public don't
That's not exactly a dangerous piece of driving, you literally reverse on your PSV test, it's never an ideal situation to reverse in service, however by getting someone (even if its a member of the public) to watch your back can help reduce that risk. 

Also given the situation what else could the driver have done. 

On a side note I've no idea what people's obsession is with DDs been used on the 4 services. When I drove these route (admittedly before the joint timetable came into effect) the route was busy but frequent enough for single deck buses to be used, by rerouting the service you will reduce the link between sandwell and dudley and west brom/Oldbury which is usually a busy stop on the route.

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Quote from: Lukeee on February 26, 2024, 12:24:56 PMThat's not exactly a dangerous piece of driving, you literally reverse on your PSV test, it's never an ideal situation to reverse in service, however by getting someone (even if its a member of the public) to watch your back can help reduce that risk.

Also given the situation what else could the driver have done.

On a side note I've no idea what people's obsession is with DDs been used on the 4 services. When I drove these route (admittedly before the joint timetable came into effect) the route was busy but frequent enough for single deck buses to be used, by rerouting the service you will reduce the link between sandwell and dudley and west brom/Oldbury which is usually a busy stop on the route.
Oh I didn't know the Public could help my bad
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
NXWM 529, 25, 41, 11, 11A, 40, 47
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,
Frequently Travelled On Routes
79, 34/37, 39 and Very Occasionally the 529 and 74

Lukeee

Quote from: BlackCountryBusSpotter on February 26, 2024, 01:03:37 PMOh I didn't know the Public could help my bad
It's preferred to have a trained banksman but as long as the driver has no objections there is nothing to stop them asking a member of the public for help

Stu

This 'debate' is starting to get a bit tiresome.

Double-decks are not going to be used on the 4s any time soon.

The only way this is going to happen is if either of the following is done:

• Network Rail demolish the railway bridge and replace it with a new one that is raised higher above the road. This is highly unlikely to happen due to the fact that Sandwell & Dudley station would also have to be rebuilt higher, as well as the massive disruption of closing a key rail mainline for years
  • Sandwell Council rip up the road and make it run 'deeper' under the bridge. This is also highly unlikely to happen given the costs and massive disruption of closing a key main road for several months.
  • NX Bus and Diamond agree with TfWM a permanent diversion around this bridge. This is also unlikely to happen due to the additional journey time needing to be added to the timetables, also the fact that the stops at Sandwell & Dudley station are a key interchange point along the route.

The 4s don't 'need' double decks, under normal circumstances they will function just fine as a high frequency single-deck operation. Any issues with overcrowding will be down to journeys being delayed by roadworks and traffic congestion elsewhere, or people not realising they can use their nBus Daysavers on Diamond buses as well.

So this "just ain't happening" folks, no matter how much you protest!

Now, can we keep this thread back on-topic of Walsall garage's services please!

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Bob

Did something happen on the X51 in Cannock bus stn last night? A platinum was parked up at the stand with the hazards on with an ambulance parked in front of the bus

Jack

@Wba_lad, nothing noteworthy about a B7 or a Scania on Birmingham service...

Westy

Quote from: Jack on March 07, 2024, 04:43:03 PM@Wba_lad, nothing noteworthy about a B7 or a Scania on Birmingham service...
I spotted 1834 at lunchtime in Brum!

Jack

Quote from: Westy on March 07, 2024, 05:56:45 PMI spotted 1834 at lunchtime in Brum!
Yep it's on the 51. 

There's another Scania on the X51 which again proves my point...

Tony

All 4 of the ex AG Scanias at WA were sent there as Hydrogen cover, so there will nearly always be at least 4 single decks on 'city' routes

Wba_lad

Quote from: Tony on March 07, 2024, 06:34:22 PMAll 4 of the ex AG Scanias at WA were sent there as Hydrogen cover, so there will nearly always be at least 4 single decks on 'city' routes
Oh I didn't know I apologise I thought it was a noteworthy working a Volvo on the X51.

Bob

Did the 4pm and 4.27 brum to Cannock X51s run today? Neither have tracked on bustimes. I caught the 15.33 home..mightve had a lucky escape!

Wba_lad

Looks like Cannock bus station is being closed from 8th April untill 26th April 19:30 and 05:00am, I wonder where the X51 will start and terminate.

Westy

Quote from: Wba_lad on April 05, 2024, 11:12:40 PMLooks like Cannock bus station is being closed from 8th April untill 26th April 19:30 and 05:00am, I wonder where the X51 will start and terminate.

https://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/service-updates/ringwaypark-road-cannock-closure

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Does the Number 8 run on Saturdays to Lichfield as in a couple of Saturdays time depending on how the Football season finishes I might need to travel over to Lichfield to watch my local side in the play offs, Looking on Google maps It tells me to ger there for 2PM I will need my local buses at 9/10AM and to get the Chaserider 36, the NX 8 I know for certain I could get on it with an Nbus Daysaver as only NX would accept it as I'm sure Westy asked Mark Fitchew and that's what he said
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
NXWM 529, 25, 41, 11, 11A, 40, 47
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,
Frequently Travelled On Routes
79, 34/37, 39 and Very Occasionally the 529 and 74

Stu

Quote from: BlackCountryBusSpotter on April 07, 2024, 11:04:58 AMDoes the Number 8 run on Saturdays to Lichfield as in a couple of Saturdays time depending on how the Football season finishes I might need to travel over to Lichfield to watch my local side in the play offs, Looking on Google maps It tells me to ger there for 2PM I will need my local buses at 9/10AM and to get the Chaserider 36, the NX 8 I know for certain I could get on it with an Nbus Daysaver as only NX would accept it as I'm sure Westy asked Mark Fitchew and that's what he said
Surely you know where to look up bus timetables? :undecided:

https://bustimes.org/services/8-walsall-lichfield

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk