News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Walsall Garage

Started by Nathan4775, April 06, 2012, 06:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MW

Quote from: Westy on February 25, 2024, 03:10:12 PMBe surprised if Walsall goes electric, as I thought with the hydros for the 51, the rest of the depot routes might go hydro, to be easier?

And with it being acquired by TfWM, maybe any hydrogen facilities will be paid for directly by TfWM and then leased out to the operator as part of the lease for the site.

Bus_user_jay

Would also be great if the trees were sorted on Powis Avenue so the 11/11A could go DD. These can get very crowded especially when a service is missing, which happens quite a lot

Sh4318

Quote from: BlackCountryBusSpotter on February 25, 2024, 10:39:54 AMB7's can get under but they might scrape it due to the Curved Roof Tony said either way the Bridge at Sandwell and Dudley on the 4 route NX marked as no Double Deckers. Yes I assume the Morning 34 DD that comes off The 701, the Evening Peak 34/37 DD that comes off the 881 all go back to Garage via Caldmore or Pleck Road. But either way the issue of why the 4 can have DD's has been explained before
Is this rule of no double deckers under the bridge at Sandwell and Dudley a recent thing? I remember seeing deckers on the 3/3A, 4/4H/4M during covid, and some out of service WB double decks taking that route back to the garage from Oldbury
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Wba_lad

Quote from: Sh4318 on February 26, 2024, 02:40:14 AMIs this rule of no double deckers under the bridge at Sandwell and Dudley a recent thing? I remember seeing deckers on the 3/3A, 4/4H/4M during covid, and some out of service WB double decks taking that route back to the garage from Oldbury
West Brom still take buses under there on way to garage I've seen it happen so many times.

Jack

Quote from: Wba_lad on February 26, 2024, 08:13:19 AMWest Brom still take buses under there on way to garage I've seen it happen so many times.
So they are breaking the rules then...

They quite simply shouldn't be going under there, with them being exempt it's been said from NX.

What part you don't understand that these routes can't be Decker operated I don't understand.

Steve3229vp

Quote from: Jack on February 26, 2024, 08:18:42 AMSo they are breaking the rules then...

They quite simply shouldn't be going under there, with them being exempt it's been said from NX.

What part you don't understand that these routes can't be Decker operated I don't understand.
He's clearly not listening.

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Quote from: Sh4318 on February 26, 2024, 02:40:14 AMIs this rule of no double deckers under the bridge at Sandwell and Dudley a recent thing? I remember seeing deckers on the 3/3A, 4/4H/4M during covid, and some out of service WB double decks taking that route back to the garage from Oldbury
Yes Tony said they aren't allowed under NX doesn't allow it. Sandwell Council allow it but NX don't
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
NXWM 529, 25, 41, 11, 11A, 40, 47
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,
Frequently Travelled On Routes
79, 34/37, 39 and Very Occasionally the 529 and 74

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Quote from: Wba_lad on February 26, 2024, 08:13:19 AMWest Brom still take buses under there on way to garage I've seen it happen so many times.
That's a serious allegation. I highly doubt they do as it is told they can't go under
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,

wbdriver

as a driver at WB garage, this only applies to single deckers. all double deckers must use fountain lane, albion road and brandon way to and from garage.
any driver or engineer caught going under the bridge at sandwell and dudley in a double decker will be disciplined.
that came from senior management when the sinage was changed in 2021/22 whenever it was. 
all drivers had to sign paperwork to confirm this.
an empty bus is a happy driver.

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Quote from: wbdriver on February 26, 2024, 09:38:04 AMas a driver at WB garage, this only applies to single deckers. all double deckers must use fountain lane, albion road and brandon way to and from garage.
any driver or engineer caught going under the bridge at sandwell and dudley in a double decker will be disciplined.
that came from senior management when the sinage was changed in 2021/22 whenever it was.
all drivers had to sign paperwork to confirm this.
So is making serious allegations saying some of your colleagues are breaking the rules or lying as I trust your bosses would know if a colleague was going under the Bridge 
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,

Wba_lad

Quote from: Jack on February 26, 2024, 08:18:42 AMSo they are breaking the rules then...

I said that some west brom drivers on dead run go under sandwell and dudley heading from oldbury to west brom garage. There was one time however where i was waiting for a bus from the train station and the driver driving the platinum stopped in the middle of the road as he realised he went wrong way so i helped him reverse back and then he turned into the road and helped him back out again. i don't see how me saying west brom use this way on dead run is my not understanding. all i said is passengers aren't moaning about the current diversion shame it couldn't be made permant.

Wba_lad

Quote from: BlackCountryBusSpotter on February 26, 2024, 09:46:29 AMSo is making serious allegations saying some of your colleagues are breaking the rules or lying as I trust your bosses would know if a colleague was going under the Bridge
Im not lying this was a few months ago now but it was 6972, i can remember it very well. again as i said i haven't seen it happen for a while but it has happened a few times. 

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Quote from: Wba_lad on February 26, 2024, 09:58:24 AMI said that some west brom drivers on dead run go under sandwell and dudley heading from oldbury to west brom garage. There was one time however where i was waiting for a bus from the train station and the driver driving the platinum stopped in the middle of the road as he realised he went wrong way so i helped him reverse back and then he turned into the road and helped him back out again. i don't see how me saying west brom use this way on dead run is my not understanding. all i said is passengers aren't moaning about the current diversion shame it couldn't be made permant.
That's also a dangerous peice of driving, He can't reverse in the middle of Traffic, and NX Drivers need Banksman not members of the Public to reverse. Banksman have nessceary training the public don't
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,

Jack

Quote from: Wba_lad on February 26, 2024, 09:58:24 AMI said that some west brom drivers on dead run go under sandwell and dudley heading from oldbury to west brom garage. There was one time however where i was waiting for a bus from the train station and the driver driving the platinum stopped in the middle of the road as he realised he went wrong way so i helped him reverse back and then he turned into the road and helped him back out again. i don't see how me saying west brom use this way on dead run is my not understanding. all i said is passengers aren't moaning about the current diversion shame it couldn't be made permant.
As @wbdriver has said it's been told by the management that any one going under the bridge will be disciplined and as you said you've seen them go under. I suggest you think before you speak before you land people in trouble with you serious allegations of you apparently seeing buses going under!

Gareth

Quote from: BlackCountryBusSpotter on February 26, 2024, 10:28:17 AMThat's also a dangerous peice of driving, He can't reverse in the middle of Traffic, and NX Drivers need Banksman not members of the Public to reverse. Banksman have nessceary training the public don't
I have helped a bus reverse before on the request of a driver after taking a wrong turn. If it's the only way, it's the only way.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk