News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Walsall Garage

Started by Nathan4775, April 06, 2012, 06:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: MW on July 01, 2017, 10:45:21 PM
Is it really in Birmingham City Centre? That doesn't make any sense to me. Why wouldn't it be Solihull? If Birmingham, surely it'd make more sense to send the route to BC in exchange for the 60?
Yes the drivers change in the City Centre.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

MW

Quote from: 2206 on July 01, 2017, 10:46:11 PM
Yes the drivers change in the City Centre.

How do the drivers get there? Drivers are paid from booking on at the garage to get to the relief point aren't they?

Can @Tony confirm this? It seems odd to me.

Edit: when I say how do they get there, I'm suggesting that it's quicker to get to Solihull from AG so surely it's more cost effective to have the relief point at Solihull. Unless they've got some sort of deal with London Midland, using Spring Road to Moor Street?

Westy

In an attempt to change the subject, has Nx got any plans in place this weekend, to inform the travelling public about buses in Pelsall during the period of the carnival, as no Nx buses to my knowledge managed to get into Pelsall during that period last year.

I heard later that the 89 was diverted via Brownhills, but no one waiting at Pelsall bus stops knew, plus no one was minding Twitter or Facebook.

The only bus that managed it was an Igo 25!

BusFan94

I presume they will Westy but they might need to wait until Management confirms the Diversion Route before saying anything over Twitter
Busfan94🚏
Local routes NXWM (WA) 34, 37, 39
NXWM (WN) 79
Thandi 334,37
Diamond 310,65
Further away
NXWM (WA) 11,13
Thandi 311/313
NXWM (WB) 40

Michael Bevan

6749 is back in service after being off the road for a while due to an RTA. Just seen it leave Birmingham on a 997E to Pheasey Church.

John

4127 was parked in the front of Perry Barr garage just now, ticket machine removed.

P419 EJW

Quote from: John on July 07, 2017, 01:14:59 AM
4127 was parked in the front of Perry Barr garage just now, ticket machine removed.

4127 is back at Walsall, currently sat down on a layby on Hatherton Road.

andyr

Just on WA 4127 and surprised by the amount of graffiti on the upper deck.

Trident 4194

To be honest I think the red and white livery suits the omnilinks. 1846 loooks brand new interior and exterior wise. And look even better without a rear advert on the panel

Jack

Quote from: Trident 4194 on July 19, 2017, 11:31:23 AM
To be honest I think the red and white livery suits the omnilinks. 1846 loooks brand new interior and exterior wise. And look even better without a rear advert on the panel
It looks so unfinished! Just look at the state of some of the red/white Omnilinks at Walsall. 1855 looks terrible.

John

Quote from: Jack B on July 19, 2017, 01:07:54 PM
It looks so unfinished! Just look at the state of some of the red/white Omnilinks at Walsall. 1855 looks terrible.

A fresh repainted one looks nice, but when they get replacement panels painted in different shades of red and white they start to look awful. Just look at some of the Bordesley ones. Crimson suits them a lot better

Jack

Quote from: John on July 19, 2017, 01:37:34 PM
A fresh repainted one looks nice, but when they get replacement panels painted in different shades of red and white they start to look awful. Just look at some of the Bordesley ones. Crimson suits them a lot better
They BY ones look slightly orangy now. I think red/white is terrible. Crimson and Toothpaste made them look smart.
1847's roof looks a mess. Faded red on a more neater looking red. The ex Yardley ones at PB look a right mess compared to the Crimsons.

P419 EJW

1760 and 1761 are now 301/302 branded.

Trident 4194

I can't help but not understand why the nx 4H is having 8 minute waits in Halesowen. I'm surprised centro have allowed such a wait on a bus stand. To me diamond have got their timetable far better suited giving less time for the Hayley green loop where there are less people and more faster roads, well for diamond anyway. It's possible to do nx 4H loop in 17 mins with nx and sometimes less than 15 mins with diamond. And then the diamond is given more time from Halesowen to walsall where the roads are more congested which is the complete opposite to nx.

Trident 4194

1766 had a nice 10 minute wait on stand in Halesowen heading from walsall, timetables to have 5 minutes wait

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk