News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Questions for Simon from Arriva

Started by Simon@Arriva, June 03, 2018, 08:56:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Allocation on the Pye Greens is a bit odd today...a Dart..a Solo ( 2 puschair spaces??) A Streetlite displaying Arriva Midlands with no board in window so people at the stop were having to ask what route it was on...werent there enough of the 12 or so Commanders available for the route?

Bob

Why dont the plug sockets work on the Sapphire buses ? Currently on the 2 thats about to leave Walsall and NONE work. Bus is also out with vandalised seats, rubbish everywhere and generally dirty . Sapphire poster is also hanging off above the seats. Premium???

Bob

I have taken photos but cant find an attach option on here

Dennis

Quote from: Bob on July 07, 2018, 02:30:41 PM
Why dont the plug sockets work on the Sapphire buses ? Currently on the 2 thats about to leave Walsall and NONE work. Bus is also out with vandalised seats, rubbish everywhere and generally dirty . Sapphire poster is also hanging off above the seats. Premium???

None of the sockets work? Here's an idea, might it be because somebody has poked something into one of them and blown the fuse?

How is it Arriva's fault that passengers  leave their rubbish on the bus?

Maybe you should set up your own bus company if you're that bloody clever Bob.

Bob

Driver, lady driver, when i asked her why sockets didnt work, said its the same on most of them.

Erm its not me that advertises sockets that DONT EVER work...

The floor and seats were dirty. Passengers fault?

Basically it just makes Sapphire look like a value brand Platinum

l.murphy123

Quote from: Dennis on July 07, 2018, 08:04:12 PM
None of the sockets work? Here's an idea, might it be because somebody has poked something into one of them and blown the fuse?

How is it Arriva's fault that passengers  leave their rubbish on the bus?

Maybe you should set up your own bus company if you're that bloody clever Bob.

I have to agree with Bob on this one... I forgot to mention the plug sockets to Simon previously. I also mentioned it to a driver and she just said "I know" which didn't fill me with much confidence that its going to be sorted! Also the next stop announcements are not working on about 1 in 4 of my journeys. In terms of rubbish this is down to customers who cant be bothered to take it with them and this is the same on every bus, so for that I disagree with bob.
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

Westy

Wish they'd correct the next stop announcements.

Getting fed up of seeing & hearing 'Addenbrook Road', 'Bradstone Avenue' & 'Long Achre Street'!

winston

This thread is for Q & A's to/from Simon @ Arriva only, any comments / general discussions posted in this thread will simply be deleted to keep it clear, Winston

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Bob on July 07, 2018, 02:32:23 PM
I have taken photos but cant find an attach option on here

Hi,

What was the bus number please Bob?

I am sorry that you did not have a pleasant journey.

Thanks.

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Bob on July 06, 2018, 01:13:48 PM
Allocation on the Pye Greens is a bit odd today...a Dart..a Solo ( 2 puschair spaces??) A Streetlite displaying Arriva Midlands with no board in window so people at the stop were having to ask what route it was on...werent there enough of the 12 or so Commanders available for the route?

Hi,

Not sure but I will ask and get them back on track with the allocation.

Thanks for letting me know.

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Bob on July 07, 2018, 02:30:41 PM

Hi

If you could send me the bus number that would be great.

I have asked for an audit of all the Staffordshire Sapphire vehicles to be carried out and this is currently underway.  Once we know what the issues are we can fix them.

Thanks.

samash

Quote from: Simon@Arriva on June 19, 2018, 07:51:02 AM
Hi

Yes that is very likely at the end of the summer.

Hi Simon,
Any chance you could send the better of the three to Oswestry to replace our poor LowLander? Seriously, it's almost embarrassing to drive sometimes...
;D

Bob

I didnt get it im afraid. However its got the above seat sapphire branding thing literally hanging off in the air and the right hand seat before the front had vandalised headrests. The journey wasnt unpleasant its just a bit poor that none of the pmug sockets ever seem to work despite the services advertising them as a plus point. Applies to many e400s at Tamworth too.

l.murphy123

Quote from: Westy on July 08, 2018, 12:57:52 AM
Wish they'd correct the next stop announcements.

Getting fed up of seeing & hearing 'Addenbrook Road', 'Bradstone Avenue' & 'Long Achre Street'!

Lol one of the Cheslyn Hay stops is spelt "Streeet". Not sure how easy these things are to change, Simon?
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

Bob

If its any help it was the 2 that would have left walsall at 14.33

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk