News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Questions for Simon from Arriva

Started by Simon@Arriva, June 03, 2018, 08:56:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

PS why do the pye greens need to be able to take 2 pushchairs? Can people not fold them up?

Simon@Arriva

Hi

I have not noticed the allocation as have not been in Cannock - there tomorrow and will pick this up.

I accept that some of this history is not good but I can only take it forward from here.  The 70 decision was not mine but I can see the logic and want to give it the best shot.

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Bob on June 27, 2018, 09:42:26 PM
PS why do the pye greens need to be able to take 2 pushchairs? Can people not fold them up?

People don't like to do that and, if we can take 2 then why would we not.  It is all about the customer!

BK63 YWP

@Simon@Arriva there no pleasing @Bob I would rather a bus shows up on time regardless what type. NX are the same with their platinums sometimes the buses need maintenance, is needed on another route or has suffered a fault so instead of leaving a gap in service they send out a bus regardless what type. I'm sure people of Cannock are glad when a bus turns up!

I have got a question for @Simon@Arriva how come the company has decided to withdraw the 10 Perton to Wolves in the coming months?
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: SL 16 YPN on June 27, 2018, 09:54:46 PM
@Simon@Arriva there no pleasing @Bob I would rather a bus shows up on time regardless what type. NX are the same with their platinums sometimes the buses need maintenance, is needed on another route or has suffered a fault so instead of leaving a gap in service they send out a bus regardless what type. I'm sure people of Cannock are glad when a bus turns up!

I have got a question for @Simon@Arriva how come the company has decided to withdraw the 10 Perton to Wolves in the coming months?

It will still be running between Wolverhampton and Perton.  Withdrawn through to Telford from Perton although there is a summer only shuttle bus from Perton to Codsall running.

Bob

Quote from: SL 16 YPN on June 27, 2018, 09:54:46 PM

I wouldnt imagine NXWM would use a falling to bits 02 plate Cadet or 14 year old Dart on an interurban service though if they had them? They might stick a Trident on but then thats a heavyweight bus designed for that type of work. Arriva stick anything and everything on longer distance routes. A knackered Cadet all the way to Lichfield or a crappy threadbare solo all the way to Stafford is a poor show. Particularly for the Stafford service having previously used B9s!

Solo1

Quote from: Bob on June 27, 2018, 09:42:26 PM
if you go back 20 years back there was no low floor buses

Grinder

I rarely post on this forum these days because one thing never change's is the fact that whatever you, you or anyone else say or do will not please Bob.  B9's on the 74/75, yes for a couple of years then B7's because single deckers more suited to the passengers using the service.  Knackered Solos and Dart on the 74/75 and 825 rarely on the 74 but usual on the evening 825.  This constant comparison with NXWM is a little bit naïve because their area is much more urban, has a lower car ownership, higher average loadings and because of these factors can afford to refurbish/renew more often.  Generally speaking it is only the enthusiast who notices the type of bus being used, the general public who make up the vast majority of riders are only concerned that their bus turns up and is at least clean both inside and out, rattles they accept as a fact of life, there has never been a bus built that doesn't rattle after a few months in service.

Bob

Quote from: Grinder on June 28, 2018, 08:33:53 AM
I rarely post on this forum these days because one thing never change's is the fact that whatever you, you or anyone else say or do will not please Bob.  B9's on the 74/75, yes for a couple of years then B7's because single deckers more suited to the passengers using the service.  Knackered Solos and Dart on the 74/75 and 825 rarely on the 74 but usual on the evening 825.  This constant comparison with NXWM is a little bit naïve because their area is much more urban, has a lower car ownership, higher average loadings and because of these factors can afford to refurbish/renew more often.  Generally speaking it is only the enthusiast who notices the type of bus being used, the general public who make up the vast majority of riders are only concerned that their bus turns up and is at least clean both inside and out, rattles they accept as a fact of life, there has never been a bus built that doesn't rattle after a few months in service.

I didnt say rattle i said vibrate. Through the whole of the bus when idling. A fact noticed also by WM bus user forum mystery shopper.

Also 74 single deckers, more suited? Or declining patronage?

PointerDart

@Simon@Arriva Will the Perton-Codsall shuttle replacing the 10 continue to be operated by Telford garage or is Cannock taking this operation over?

Grinder

Re 74 patronage - The profile of users is definitely, and pretty well always has been older people who prefer not to have to climb stairs.  Exception being the couple of journeys a day coinciding with college hours.  So yes more suited. 

Kevin

Also regarding the 10, what's happening to Pattingham? Just losing a service completely?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Bob

Quote from: Grinder on June 29, 2018, 08:22:32 AM
Re 74 patronage - The profile of users is definitely, and pretty well always has been older people who prefer not to have to climb stairs.  Exception being the couple of journeys a day coinciding with college hours.  So yes

So why was the route ever converted to DD then if the profile of the route "pretty much always has been older people" if that was the case it woukd suggest either Arriva havent a clue about the routes/passengers/user profile or that regardless of those deckers were needed to increase capacity. If the latter was the case then, and now single deckers are ample capacity wise, it would imply a decline in patronage....

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Kevin on June 29, 2018, 08:42:47 AM
Also regarding the 10, what's happening to Pattingham? Just losing a service completely?

Hi

There was a tender put out by Staffs for a limited replacement for the 10 that would serve Pattingham but I am not aware if it has been awarded yet or not.

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: PointerDart on June 28, 2018, 08:02:37 PM
@Simon@Arriva Will the Perton-Codsall shuttle replacing the 10 continue to be operated by Telford garage or is Cannock taking this operation over?

The shuttle will be operated by Telford with a Sprinter we will have on loan from Southern Counties.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk