News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Questions for Simon from Arriva

Started by Simon@Arriva, June 03, 2018, 08:56:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

l.murphy123

Quote from: Westy on June 11, 2018, 09:50:38 PM
On the subject of paper timetables Simon, a few years ago(certainly while you were working for the other lot!), there was supposed to be some sort of agreement between Arriva & Centro/TfWm, to put Arriva branded leaflets in NWM centres, but for some reason, that situation has changed & unless that service is part of an TfWm contract & included for completeness, there is no paper copies of timetables for Arriva services operating to & from Wm county.

As far as Walsall is concerned, there has been no timetables for services 1, 2 & 3 since late 2016 in the travelshop.

Unless you go online, the nearest place, subject to availability, is Cannock library, or if you're really lucky, you find a copy on a bus, but that is hit & miss, as I initially found the Cannock 25/26 leaflet on a 2 going to Walsall!

They have them in Cannock in-shops upstairs, but I agree they should have some in Walsall and on the busses. I have all of the Cannock timetables if you want scans of them.
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

PointerDart

Simon: do you know when the 113/4/5/6 and 297 will be returning to operation under Telford?

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: PointerDart on June 13, 2018, 06:32:01 PM
Simon: do you know when the 113/4/5/6 and 297 will be returning to operation under Telford?

Hi,

21st July along with other changes in the Bridgnorth area.

Westy

Quote from: Simon@Arriva on June 14, 2018, 08:44:43 AM
Hi,

21st July along with other changes in the Bridgnorth area.

Does that mean the 9 is changing too?

Will

Quote from: Westy on June 14, 2018, 04:39:51 PM
Does that mean the 9 is changing too?

Yes it is according to my sources the 436 and the 9 will be interworking so for example a 436 on arrival into Bridgnorth will change to a 9 and go to Wolverhampton this means that Shrewsbury will be operating the Wolverhampton section of the 9 with Telford garage retaining the Telford to Bridgnorth part of the route I am also led to believe the 297 will be interworking with either the 113 or 114 so this effectively means you could board the 297 in Kidderminster and go straight through to Telford on it
Stourbridge   125

Kevin

Splitting the 9 back into two separate routes?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

winston

Can this thread please be kept clear for questions / answers to/from Simon only! Thanks, Winston

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: l.murphy123 on June 12, 2018, 04:33:56 PM

They have them in Cannock in-shops upstairs, but I agree they should have some in Walsall and on the busses. I have all of the Cannock timetables if you want scans of them.

Timetables are on there way to Walsall bus station.

Westy

Quote from: Simon@Arriva on June 15, 2018, 03:44:31 PM
Timetables are on there way to Walsall bus station.

Thank you Simon.

What is it about your predecessors, that CBA to sort this problem sooner?

I even told your Customer Services on Facebook on several occasions & to be honest, they can be as useful as a chocolate fireguard.

Have you actually read the Facebook page?

There seems to be loads of comments of missing journeys, rude drivers etc.

I do hope now you are in charge, we will see a substantial reduction in these complaints.

Is there no way the Midlands depots can 'gain individual control' of the Facebook account, instead of Luton or some other far flung place handling local queries?

Bob

Is Cannock still going to get a Pulsar refurbed to Sapphire standard? Better still are there any plans to get rid of the Streetlites from the 1 & 2? The most god awful noisy jerky uncomfortable ( despite being the newest) in Cannocks fleet. If theyre the best they can do for a supposedly premium service....

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Bob on June 15, 2018, 07:35:51 PM
Is Cannock still going to get a Pulsar refurbed to Sapphire standard? Better still are there any plans to get rid of the Streetlites from the 1 & 2? The most god awful noisy jerky uncomfortable ( despite being the newest) in Cannocks fleet. If theyre the best they can do for a supposedly premium service....

Hi

It is still the plan to refurb a Pulsar to Sapphire so that Cannock has a spare one.

No plans on the Streetlites.

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: Westy on June 15, 2018, 07:11:32 PM
Thank you Simon.

What is it about your predecessors, that CBA to sort this problem sooner?

I even told your Customer Services on Facebook on several occasions & to be honest, they can be as useful as a chocolate fireguard.

Have you actually read the Facebook page?

There seems to be loads of comments of missing journeys, rude drivers etc.

I do hope now you are in charge, we will see a substantial reduction in these complaints.

Is there no way the Midlands depots can 'gain individual control' of the Facebook account, instead of Luton or some other far flung place handling local queries?

Hi

I look at the Facebook page every day.

The policy is that Luton responds to customers and we are able, locally, to do diversions and those kinds of things.

I have always been a big believer in seeing the 'sharp end' as often as possible and experiencing my services as a passenger.  Not everyone is like that but I think it is important.

Bob

Quote from: Simon@Arriva on June 18, 2018, 01:17:21 PM
Hi

It is still the plan to refurb a Pulsar to Sapphire so that Cannock has a spare one.

No plans on the Streetlites.

Shame about the Streetlites, it means the 1 & 2 will still be an embarassment of a premium service 😕. Is Cannock due any vehicles in? Some of the Cadets are on their last legs surely?

metrocity

Simon

Any plans for Arriva Midlands to introduce contactless payment technology this year?

Thanks

Will

Quote from: metrocity on June 18, 2018, 06:23:31 PM
Simon

Any plans for Arriva Midlands to introduce contactless payment technology this year?

Thanks

@Simon@Arriva - I must agree with this comment the Wayfarer 200 consoles which Arriva use throughout the country are now very outdated
Stourbridge   125

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk