News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Next Stop Announcments

Started by Jack D, February 24, 2018, 09:25:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mesub

Quote from: Jack D on May 22, 2019, 07:21:40 PM
Will the X70 be receiving Next Stop Announcements?

Possibly, however it took a good while for the Harborne corridor (22/3/4/9) to get announcements initially, so I wouldn't get your hopes up so quickly

Edit: They still haven't updated the announcements for the 23, yet the X20 has been updated
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

Stu

I probably should have made a note of the fleet numbers, but I travelled on two different Platinum vehicles on the X20 today (Longbridge to Cofton Hackett, then Rednal to Northfield) and neither had any audio/visual announcements/displays.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

TT90

Just an observation from the X8 platinums, I've noticed the next stop displays on board and the audio announcements no longer work when the bus is doing a " part route " journey to say Dudley or Blackheath. They used to work before the April display change / update and used to say the bus was terminating, all change please etc........It doesn't announce any stop at all either  :-\

Does this happen on other routes that are doing part journeys too ? i.e 87 to Oldbury for example ?

Dom

Quote from: TT90 on June 11, 2019, 09:07:20 AM
Just an observation from the X8 platinums, I've noticed the next stop displays on board and the audio announcements no longer work when the bus is doing a " part route " journey to say Dudley or Blackheath. They used to work before the April display change / update and used to say the bus was terminating, all change please etc........It doesn't announce any stop at all either  :-\

Does this happen on other routes that are doing part journeys too ? i.e 87 to Oldbury for example ?

They work on other Part Routes at PN. As far as I'm aware, I've never had to use one, but when I've pressed the wrong button it has stated '126 to Broad Street'.

PB2938

6731 is still displaying old stops and Mr platinum probably down to off the road due to RTA.
952A Rugeley
Via Great Barr,  Walsall, Cheslyn Hay, Cannock, Heath Hayes and Hednesford

MasterPlan

Yesterday when the driver changed from X21 to X20 at Five Ways it said next stop "Chestnut Drive". Not sure where that is. A quick google search says Erdington!
That hasn't happened before but it might be because he changed it so early on.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Quote from: MasterPlan on June 11, 2019, 02:33:03 PM
Yesterday when the driver changed from X21 to X20 at Five Ways it said next stop "Chestnut Drive". Not sure where that is. A quick google search says Erdington!
That hasn't happened before but it might be because he changed it so early on.
Cofton Hackett.
Something similar happened the other day when I was on a X2 towards Solihull which had entered service at the Swan where it said "Moor Street Queensway for Moor Street Station" after leaving the stop.
Also when I was on 6892 on a X20 to Birmingham few days back and the driver changed it to X21 Birmingham on George Road by Five Ways, though can't remember what it said.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

PB2938

Quote from: PB2938 on June 11, 2019, 01:47:23 PM
6731 is still displaying old stops on X51 and Mr platinum not updated probably down to off the road due to RTA.
952A Rugeley
Via Great Barr,  Walsall, Cheslyn Hay, Cannock, Heath Hayes and Hednesford

Uptight

Quote from: PB2938 on June 11, 2019, 01:47:23 PM
6731 is still displaying old stops and Mr platinum probably down to off the road due to RTA.

Probs because 6731 had been in a big crash recently and damaged its front.

mesub

6851 says improved next stop information coming soon, does that mean that there will be consistency with the announcer? If so what happened to Mr platinum?
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

Jack D

Why hasn't X70 got any announcements yet?

Uptight

Quote from: mesub on June 26, 2019, 07:52:05 AM
6851 says improved next stop information coming soon, does that mean that there will be consistency with the announcer? If so what happened to Mr platinum?

We will all miss Mr. platinum  :'(

monkeyjoe

Quote from: Jack D on June 26, 2019, 02:08:53 PM
Why hasn't X70 got any announcements yet?

I'd imagine because it's an ex lea hall corridor and the management don't tend to plough as much resource on these corridors, I'd love to be corrected.

Busboy105

Does anyone think that NX should do next stop announcements for routes that occasionally have Platinums on them. For example the BC60 often gets spare Platinums off the X1/X2 and it just feels weird not having announcements on them

Pat

Quote from: Busboy105 on August 01, 2019, 10:22:24 PM
Does anyone think that NX should do next stop announcements for routes that occasionally have Platinums on them. For example the BC60 often gets spare Platinums off the X1/X2 and it just feels weird not having announcements on them
There's no point spending time and money on it if the route is not platinum.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk