News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

'Dump' areas and the 11

Started by 2206, December 29, 2017, 06:44:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: MW on December 31, 2017, 01:49:56 AM
Just because you're from there? Stechford is a dump pal. One stop that's particularly scummy is where the 11C meets the 14. In fact both sides of that stop, the 11A & 14 too.
I'm not from Stechford, but what makes it a dump in comparison to other areas in the West Midlands? What is your definition of a dumpy area?
I've been using the 11 through there regularly for about 13 years, never realy had a problem myself, i've only ever seen the occasional incident, most journeys i've had have been fine.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Jack

Quote from: 2206 on December 31, 2017, 03:17:20 PM
I'm not from Stechford, but what makes it a dump in comparison to other areas in the West Midlands? What is a dumpy area?
Stechford isn't that bad. In fact I've always found it decent when travelling through.

Quote from: MW on December 31, 2017, 01:49:56 AM
Just because you're from there? Stechford is a dump pal. One stop that's particularly scummy is where the 11C meets the 14. In fact both sides of that stop, the 11A & 14 too.
Stechford is fine, the Winston Green is the worst part of the route, Aston/Witton isn't nice either.

Trident 4194

Quote from: 2206 on December 31, 2017, 03:17:20 PM
I'm not from Stechford, but what makes it a dump in comparison to other areas in the West Midlands? What is your definition of a dumpy area?
I've been using the 11 through there regularly for about 13 years, never realy had a problem myself, i've only ever seen the occasional incident, most journeys i've had have been fine.

I have a mate from stretchford and he even he admits it's a horrible area. He says avoid at all costs.

Quote from: Trident 4194 on December 31, 2017, 04:11:34 PM
I have a mate from stretchford and he even he admits it's a horrible area. He says avoid at all costs.
I disagree i've walked through it lots of times as well as travelling on the 11 through it, I don't see the problem with it. I travel through it on the 11 most days and its always decent travelling through it.
Have you ever been there anyway? And its Stechford not Stretchford,
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Jack

Quote from: 2206 on December 31, 2017, 04:27:12 PM
I disagree i've walked through it lots of times as well as travelling on the 11 through it, I don't see the problem with it.
Have you ever been there anyway. Its Stechford not Stretchford,
I agree - I've passed through on the 55 a lot (plus the 54 when it ran) and it's not bad at all. I have relatives who live in Stechford and even they say it's a nice, friendly area. Not bad at all, just down the road is Bromford Council Estate, which is horrible.

Tony

Quote from: Jack on December 31, 2017, 04:30:07 PM
I agree - I've passed through on the 55 a lot (plus the 54 when it ran) and it's not bad at all. I have relatives who live in Stechford and even they say it's a nice, friendly area. Not bad at all, just down the road is Bromford Council Estate, which is horrible.

The 55 doesn't go through Stechford

Gareth

I see it's the periodical 'let's knock east Birmingham even though we've only seen it from a bus window' time of year again.

As with many areas of the city, it's changed a lot over the last 20 yrs, and admittedly some changes are not always for the better. And unless you're from a particular area, you don't really know what it's like. You can't get a picture of anywhere when you're only passing through because you picked a bus you wanted to hear a cooling fan on. (See, I can generalise too, and it's not right).

Maybe we can get back to late running buses now. I'm sure Mr 4194 has been keeping an eye on the 9's and 4H's.

Tony

Quote from: Gareth on December 31, 2017, 07:13:16 PM
I see it's the periodical 'let's knock east Birmingham even though we've only seen it from a bus window' time of year again.

As with many areas of the city, it's changed a lot over the last 20 yrs, and admittedly some changes are not always for the better. And unless you're from a particular area, you don't really know what it's like. You can't get a picture of anywhere when you're only passing through because you picked a bus you wanted to hear a cooling fan on. (See, I can generalise too, and it's not right).

Maybe we can get back to late running buses now. I'm sure Mr 4194 has been keeping an eye on the 9's and 4H's.

One Pensnett driver on the 4H had a bit of a surprise Friday night when he was waiting at the back of Hayley Green to get out onto the A456 around Midnight and had to wait for me in 3225.

Jack

Quote from: Gareth on December 31, 2017, 07:13:16 PM
You can't get a picture of anywhere when you're only passing through because you picked a bus you wanted to hear a cooling fan on. (See, I can generalise too, and it's not right).
Exactly tell me what I said wrong about Stechford. I said its a fine area, never said it was a dump. If I didn't like Stechford then I wouldn't of got off the bus there then would I! I know your blaming this on me, especially as I caught 4508 just to hear a cooling fan, no not really.

Quote from: Jack on December 31, 2017, 08:00:41 PM
Exactly tell me what I said wrong about Stechford. I said its a fine area, never said it was a dump. If I didn't like Stechford then I wouldn't of got off the bus there then would I! I know your blaming this on me, especially as I caught 4508 just to hear a cooling fan, no not really.
Quote from: Jack on December 28, 2017, 10:27:48 PM
4508 - Gemini

Caught this on the 11C from Perry Barr to the Fox & Goose. As soon as I entered this I could hear the fans ready to start hoovering. Beast, one of my favourites now. Brakes great, suspension good, doors quick. Exterior smart-ish, interior faded but this is expected from a 2012 repaint. @MW you were right about this one!
You said you got of 4508 at the Fox And Goose? The Fox And Goose is in Ward End, not in Stechford
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Jack

Quote from: 2206 on December 31, 2017, 08:46:48 PM
You said you got of 4508 at the Fox And Goose? The Fox And Goose is in Ward End, not in Stechford
Apologies yes, I tend to get Stechford and Ward End confused somehow.

Trident 4194

Quote from: Tony on December 31, 2017, 07:33:54 PM
One Pensnett driver on the 4H had a bit of a surprise Friday night when he was waiting at the back of Hayley Green to get out onto the A456 around Midnight and had to wait for me in 3225.

Nice, what were you doing with that midnight in Hayley green?

Tony

Quote from: Trident 4194 on December 31, 2017, 09:45:51 PM
Nice, what were you doing with that midnight in Hayley green?

Back from a wedding at Hagley Hall

Trident 4194

Quote from: Tony on December 31, 2017, 10:06:32 PM
Back from a wedding at Hagley Hall

Ah nice that's quite a long way back to YW I presume? Can't imagine what route you took

MW

Have any of you driven the 11s late night through Stechford?

The nicest bit of the route begins at Bournville and ends at Sarehole Mill (Anti-clockwise)

Rest of it is a dump in comparison. My opinion.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk