News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

West Midlands Railway

Started by Stu, December 09, 2017, 12:50:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Quote from: DJ98 on January 28, 2018, 12:26:51 PM
I'd say the 350/1's need more of a refurb, or at least a seat refurb. They're still running as delivered in 2005, in the neutral grey and blue colour scheme, whereas the 323's were given a refurb between 2011 and 2013. The 323's are being replaced in 2020, whereas it looks like the 350's are being retained, not to mention the extra units being cascaded down from Transpennine Express starting next year.

Since we're getting more 350's, I'd wage my bet on them being used for the Chase Line too.

Some 350s have 3 +2 green seats dont they?

I hear you about the blue n grey tho. The one from euston last sat had a THREADBARE first class no wonder it was empty loooool

DJ

Quote from: Bob on January 28, 2018, 05:48:30 PM
Some 350s have 3 +2 green seats dont they?

I hear you about the blue n grey tho. The one from euston last sat had a THREADBARE first class no wonder it was empty loooool

Yeah, those would be the 350/2 and 350/3 units. The ones with blue interiors are the 350/1 units, which are well overdue an internal refurb. I've never been in the first class of one, but apparently the seats are more comfortable in standard class.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Tony

Quote from: Bob on January 28, 2018, 05:45:32 PM
Capacity is a MASSIVE issue on the chase line and seeing as a 3 car 323 can carry more seated passengers than a 4 car 350 surely it would make more sense to use them on it? Cant believe weve got to put up with shitty 2 car diesels on peak journeys till the end of this year. Someone said the 720am from Cannock was booked for 4 car a couple of momths ago? Still a 2 car 170 with a 153 shoved on the back as far as im aware?

It was booked 4 car during December, now booked 3 again.
323 has more seats than a 350, but total capacity is greater, also 350s are the most reliable units on the entire network, so I certainly don't have any problem with them being allocated

Trident 4194

Quote from: DJ98 on January 28, 2018, 05:52:47 PM
Yeah, those would be the 350/2 and 350/3 units. The ones with blue interiors are the 350/1 units, which are well overdue an internal refurb. I've never been in the first class of one, but apparently the seats are more comfortable in standard class.

350/1 are much more comfortable than the awful layout in the 350/2 in my opinion

Dom

Quote from: Trident 4194 on January 28, 2018, 06:50:22 PM
350/1 are much more comfortable than the awful layout in the 350/2 in my opinion

How does that make them more comfortable?!

The Real 4778

Quote from: Dom on January 28, 2018, 08:44:44 PM
How does that make them more comfortable?!

Because in a 2+2 seating arrangement you're guaranteed more elbow/ hip room.
Don't you start.

Bob

Quote from: Tony on January 28, 2018, 06:01:55 PM
It was booked 4 car during December, now booked 3 again.
323 has more seats than a 350, but total capacity is greater, also 350s are the most reliable units on the entire network, so I certainly don't have any problem with them being allocated

So is it definetely 350s were getting on the Chase Line then? Wasnt ut thought 323a at firat?

The Real 4778

Quote from: Bob on January 29, 2018, 12:34:22 PM
So is it definetely 350s were getting on the Chase Line then? Wasnt ut thought 323a at firat?

323s will be fully occupied on Cross City until they are replaced.  I think that by then, the fleet migration sees part of the reshaped Desiro fleet move/ extend onto the Chase.
Don't you start.

Tony

Quote from: The Real 4778 on January 29, 2018, 12:49:06 PM
323s will be fully occupied on Cross City until they are replaced.  I think that by then, the fleet migration sees part of the reshaped Desiro fleet move/ extend onto the Chase.

You may see 323s on the Chase once the electrification goes live depending on diagramming, last time I asked (under London Midland so may have changed) The idea was to use them on Saturdays. At the moment some of the drivers on the Chase Line are from Shrewsbury depot who are not traction trained on anything electric, so diagramming anything electric before the full electric service starts needs to be done carefully or you end up with a train and a driver, but not one that can be used.

Bob

Quote from: Tony on January 29, 2018, 12:59:15 PM
You may see 323s on the Chase once the electrification goes live depending on diagramming, last time I asked (under London Midland so may have changed) The idea was to use them on Saturdays. At the moment some of the drivers on the Chase Line are from Shrewsbury depot who are not traction trained on anything electric, so diagramming anything electric before the full electric service starts needs to be done carefully or you end up with a train and a driver, but not one that can be used.
when are the first electric trains expected in passenger service?

Tony

Quote from: Bob on January 29, 2018, 01:56:32 PM
when are the first electric trains expected in passenger service?

I haven't got a date.

Network Rail have spen the last three weekends slewing the track over at Bloxwich between the station and the old level crossing to remove the 25 mph speed restriction over that section.

I noticed they have also done some of the more difficult masts as well, including one on the bridge over the M6toll which was the only one missing between Hednesford & Cannock.

dingding

More legroom no bench seats facing each other?

BusMan Greg

I heard a rumor that northern rails class 323's are coming to WMR soon

Tony

Quote from: BusMan Greg on January 29, 2018, 09:52:22 PM

No

The Real 4778

Quote from: BusMan Greg on January 29, 2018, 09:52:22 PM

Categorically not.  The 323s are leaving both franchises, for an uncertain future.  That's what happens when a leasing company thinks it has control of the game  8)
Don't you start.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk