News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Arriva - Unusual Workings

Started by Administration, June 27, 2012, 05:13:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PM

Quote from: arrifirststage on June 14, 2013, 02:42:12 PM
Has no one ever thought that route branding is to advertise the EXISTANCE of a route and as such needs to be moved about as much as possible,certainly NOT kept on one route.
Surely,if I am in say Wolverhampton and I see a bus branded for route 1 (Walsall-Cannock) then I am made aware that such a service EXISTS and may therefore use it in the future.
Keeping the bus on route 1 is pointless since if I am using the route I am obviously aware of it .
Such an idea is not new.............members with longer memories will recall many National Bus Company double deckers being branded for National Holidays,surely no one expected them to be used in that way.
Regard branding as an advertisement,and it all makes sense.

Partially true I suppose but a branded bus is more useful on its supposed route so as people aren't confused and they are made aware of services on that corridor. Personally, a diamond crusader running round advertising buses every .... minutes between walsall and willenhall on the 4 is completely useless-people just think-does this bus take me to where I need to go??

Bob

A route branded bus is just that.. branded for the route. If it was otherwise itd be a route advert bus. Off route just looks crap and badly allocated. Itd be like walking into asda and finding findus lasagne advertised in the clothing aisle lol

Liverpool Street

Quote from: bob on June 14, 2013, 04:44:56 PM
... Itd be like walking into asda and finding findus lasagne advertised in the clothing aisle lol

I thought there would be a horse joke in there somewhere?! ..advertising for Findus Lasagne at the Grand National?..

If you wish to advertise for a bus route then use a superside? Branding is for use on the one route to advertise frequency and if you see a branded service you might think it is more reliable?
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

NXWM Spectra

Back on topic, 3468 is on the 890 today. I wanted to go to Bridgnorth aswell, but I knew I didn't have time.

nitromatt1

Unbranded Enviro doing the 142/257 this evening

the trainbasher

I saw 2144 about 1905 running towards Stourbridge dead from Brierley hill so could be that?

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

nitromatt1

Quote from: trainbasher on June 25, 2013, 11:37:26 PM
I saw 2144 about 1905 running towards Stourbridge dead from Brierley hill so could be that?

Probably was then, thanks

vinh1000

Anybody know which depot runs service 584? (I presume it is Telford as it advertises its bus station)
Also on Tony's fleetlist I couldn't see the bus I was on earlier (was either 2770 or 2570 bus had a SK52 registration on it)
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

John

Quote from: vinh1000 on June 26, 2013, 08:23:59 PM
Also on Tony's fleetlist I couldn't see the bus I was on earlier (was either 2770 or 2570 bus had a SK52 registration on it)

Do you mean 2270 'SK52 MLJ', at Telford?

a220

Anybody know which depot runs service 584? (I presume it is Telford as it advertises its bus station)

Bridgnorth - an outstation of Telford.

Trident 4609

3151 on Route 19 yesterday

vinh1000

Quote from: John on June 26, 2013, 08:32:06 PM

Do you mean 2270 'SK52 MLJ', at Telford?
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

bwsau cymru

Arriva telford R417ejw 3417 plaxton bodied scania on 22 in telford today! Absolutely beast, miss these in Walsall and had them as a kid on X5 to telford when they were at Shrewsbury! FAST AS HELL!!!!!
campaigning for better transport for all

arrivadays

Quote from: dannygill on June 28, 2013, 09:48:19 AM
Arriva telford R417ejw 3417 plaxton bodied scania on 22 in telford today! Absolutely beast, miss these in Walsall and had them as a kid on X5 to telford when they were at Shrewsbury! FAST AS HELL!!!!!

Hadn't seen that for a while, thought they'd got rid of it.
This is a personal appeal... For Pete's Sake just save the #!@?$&% Scania's - don't let them follow the Dennis Falcons!

s94

9 branded E200 on the 217 today. Way way out of its route it's branded for!!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk