News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Mystery destination display

Started by Stu, October 11, 2017, 08:11:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

While on my way home from work this evening, I noticed a Crimson Trident on Small Heath Highway heading towards city; I couldn't make out exactly what it was displaying on the front display, the top line said 'Remembering' then another word I couldn't make out, and the bottom line said '1946(?)-2016(?)' (the question marks are as I couldn't make out the exact digits). There didn't appear to be any passengers on it.

Sorry for the vagueness, as I didn't see the fleetnumber either, just wondering if anyone knew what this was about? Driver just set an incorrect display while running out-of-service? Used on some private hire?

Just curious, that's all!
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tony

Quote from: Stu on October 11, 2017, 08:11:29 PM
While on my way home from work this evening, I noticed a Crimson Trident on Small Heath Highway heading towards city; I couldn't make out exactly what it was displaying on the front display, the top line said 'Remembering' then another word I couldn't make out, and the bottom line said '1946(?)-2016(?)' (the question marks are as I couldn't make out the exact digits). There didn't appear to be any passengers on it.

Sorry for the vagueness, as I didn't see the fleetnumber either, just wondering if anyone knew what this was about? Driver just set an incorrect display while running out-of-service? Used on some private hire?

It could have been 4634 which has 'Remembering Noel Mulvey who it is named after in the display

Stu

Quote from: Tony on October 11, 2017, 08:15:27 PM
It could have been 4634 which has 'Remembering Noel Mulvey who it is named after in the display

Thanks, that might be it then, was around 6pm if that helps narrow it down. It could have been 'Remembering Noel' actually on the top line of the display.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

MW

Quote from: Stu on October 11, 2017, 08:11:29 PM

I saw a Crimson Trident at Yardley Swan heading towards City running NIS with the same display a couple days ago. It was at around midnight.

Jordan

I saw a crimson trident the other day coming from cranes park with that 1946 to 2016 and it was noel mulvey
my local routes are:

NXWM: 72 72A 17 73
igo 99
sunny travel 71E
r.k. travel 72 and further down the road the 73

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk