News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

R.K. Travel

Started by Michael Bevan, August 23, 2017, 08:45:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Bevan

Just seen on the TfWM Bus Service changes that a operator called R.K. Travel will be running on the 72 from the 24th of September...Is this a new company? As I've never heard of them before...

Isle of Stroma

Just another incarnation of that operator of nails with wheelybin-number fleet numbers based in Rolfe St.

justlookingaround

Is there any confirmation that it's another Sunny relation or are people just automatically assuming?

MW

Quote from: justlookingaround on August 24, 2017, 12:11:28 AM
Is there any confirmation that it's another Sunny relation or are people just automatically assuming?

I'm willing to bet it is.

These Social/DTS/Sunny people are like the cockroaches of the West Midlands bus market. They keep coming back.

Isle of Stroma

Quote from: justlookingaround on August 24, 2017, 12:11:28 AM

Same route, same O.C. ....

justlookingaround

Quote from: dave47549 (no longer NEL111P) on August 24, 2017, 07:32:27 PM
Same route, same O.C. ....
You are right, must have got confused myself. I thought all these related operations were all in open yards next to each other.

Probably a bunch of Darts already bought for this in time for next month.

Stu

Quote from: justlookingaround on August 25, 2017, 06:17:47 PM
You are right, must have got confused myself. I thought all these related operations were all in open yards next to each other.

Probably a bunch of Darts already bought for this in time for next month.

With the Solihull AQPS due to come into force from November, Darts aren't going to be viable I suspect...
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Quote from: Stu on August 25, 2017, 08:14:33 PM
With the Solihull AQPS due to come into force from November, Darts aren't going to be viable I suspect...
What are the requirments for this Solihull APQS @Stu ?
Most of the Sunny and DTS Darts are euro 3 aren't they, the same as most of the YW 43XX Tridents?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Tony

Quote from: 2206 on August 25, 2017, 08:18:57 PM
Most of the Sunny and DTS Darts are euro 3 aren't they, the same as most of the YW 43XX Tridents?

The Solihull AQPS starts off with a Euro 3 restriction

Jack

ALX B7's on the 72/73 are Euro 3.

Stu

The Solihull AQPS document can be downloaded from the TfWM website:
https://www.tfwm.org.uk/strategy/bus-alliance/

As Tony has stated, the minimum initial requirement is Euro 3, from July 2018 it will be Euro 4. (see Schedule B, section 2.3)

See the sections 2.6, 2.7 and 2.10, on vehicle displays, presentation and driver standards. This is where the smaller operators will have to be upping their game.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk