News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Service Changes - October 22nd 2017.

Started by 2206, September 01, 2017, 05:07:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

National Express will be operating a new 35 service between Walsall and Aldridge.
https://www.vehicle-operator-licensing.service.gov.uk/search/find-registered-local-bus-services/details/509069/
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

winston

Westy

So whats happening to the rest of the 35 then?

I guess I was right in asking in the one Arriva thread whether Tamworth would hang onto certain journeys in the long run!

PB2938

NXWM are operating the 35 on Sundays only interworking with the 77 they have also won on Sundays.

WA70 daily Evenings will also return to NXWM end of October.
952A Rugeley
Via Great Barr,  Walsall, Cheslyn Hay, Cannock, Heath Hayes and Hednesford

Westy

Wonder if Councillor Worrall is still paying for the service out of his allowance?

Does the 35 get any closer to Aston Manor than the 7 / 7a?

P419 EJW

Quote from: Westy on September 02, 2017, 07:03:03 PM
Wonder if Councillor Worrall is still paying for the service out of his allowance?

Does the 35 get any closer to Aston Manor than the 7 / 7a?

The Sunday 35 will serve between Walsall and Aldridge. Unfortunately, it's a no to your question. If it was going to Lichfield, it would carry on from Aldridge, turn left to Walsall Wood Road and carry on straight to Walton Road. If it was coming back from Lichfield, it would turn right to Leighswood Avenue from Walsall Wood Road.

You'd be better off catching the 7 from Walsall and get off by Leighswood Avenue as usual.

Jack D

Service changes 15/10/17- 96 (Some Journeys withdrawn)
                                        47A (Withdrawn)
                                        35 (NEW: Sunday Services only!)

Jack D

If theres others I missed out put it on here.

Quote from: Jack D on September 06, 2017, 07:49:23 PM
Service changes 15/10/17- 96 (Some Journeys withdrawn)
                                        47A (Withdrawn)
                                        35 (NEW: Sunday Services only!)

No, these changes are not happening on October 15th, they're happening on October 22nd.

The 35 (Sundays) and 77 (Sundays) are tendered services won of Arriva Midlands.
The 96, it is just early morning, evening and Sunday journeys being withdrawn.
47/A, are being combined into one route.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Trident 4609

From the same date:

There is a Sunday service introduced on WN's 69 service and the Sunday service on the 255 is withdrawn.

Westy

bususer12

Wow, I really don't understand the daytime withdrawal of the 255, there is an opportunity for Diamond or IGO here. 1 hour route between 2 shopping destinations, reliability i feel has had an effect on the passenger numbers. Will be even more of a joke if the evening 255 remains which carries fresh air.

To perspective operators;

No Link from Penn, Wombourne, Wall Heath, parts of Kingswinford to Merry Hill on Sun 24th December, 26th December, or 27th December as 27th will be A BHol in lieu of 25th. Opportunity?

BK63 YWP

Well that's great looks like I'm getting the 226 day time Sundays to merry hill to be honest the day time 255 picks up a fair few passengers.

Saying that diamond could pick this up @Simon Dunn please :)
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

leewhayward29

Quote from: Westy on September 06, 2017, 10:32:37 PM
Is that the full 69 route ?

Walsall to Wolverhampton via Beechdale, New Invention and Wednesfield
Bus services in my local area and where I live

31 -  Walsall to Mossley via Bloxwich and Leamore. NXWM (WALSALL GARAGE) Buses used are: Wright Eclipse 2 B7RLE and Dennis Trident ALX400                     

32 - Walsall to Lower Farm via Bloxwich and Leamore. NXWM (WALSALL GARAGE) Buses used are:- Wright Eclipse 2 B7RLE and ADL Enviro400

69 - Walsall to Wolverhampton via Beechdale, New Invention, Wood End and New Cross Hospital. NXWM (WOLVERHAMPTON GARAGE) Buses used are: Wright Eclipse 2 B7RLE, Dennis Trident ALX400 and ADL Enviro200

529   - Wolverhampton to Walsall via willenhall. NXWM (WOLVERHAMPTON GARAGE) Buses Used are:- ADL Enviro400 MMC   Dennis Trident ALX400, ADL Enviro400H   (Platinum bus service)

BK63 YWP

Is the 255 commercially operated Sunday daytime?
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk