News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

University Bus (Uno)

Started by YN64AOG, February 18, 2017, 09:35:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YN64AOG

New in Northampton to replace fire-damaged Gemini 276 is a B9TL Gemini 2, 285 (C14UNO)

Just re-done my website.  Check it out to see all my photos.  Updated almost every day!

andymacp

The fire damaged Gemini is 276 not 576. What is its original registration as the current one used to be on a Dennis Dart?

YN64AOG

Quote from: andymacp on March 01, 2017, 06:45:29 PM
The fire damaged Gemini is 276 not 576. What is its original registration as the current one used to be on a Dennis Dart?

Whoops!
I meant 276...
Original reg of 285 is YN07 MLF and it used to be with First West Yorkshire.

Just re-done my website.  Check it out to see all my photos.  Updated almost every day!

Cheese

Quote from: YN63 BYJ on March 01, 2017, 06:49:56 PM
Whoops!
I meant 276...
Original reg of 285 is YN07 MLF and it used to be with First West Yorkshire.

Or even First South Yorkshire, 37260. Think this was the bus involved in an accident with a TM Travel Solo at Hooton Roberts, don't think it ever ran with FSY again?

Dylanbusboy45

6 new Volvo B8RLE/MCV Evora single deckers have been ordered for route 610 between Cockfosters and Luton
http://www.volvobuses.co.uk/en-gb/news/2018/feb/number-one-choice-for-uno-bus.html

For anyone who hasn't seen this, here is deatils of the new Evora
https://cbwmagazine.com/mcv-launches-new-volvo-b8rle-single-decker/

DJ

There's nothing official on this right now but I've seen some good evidence that First Group will be taking over Uno in the near future. There will likely be an announcement on this sometime soon from them, I'd imagine.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Tony

Quote from: StourValley98 on October 25, 2018, 09:36:41 PM
There's nothing official on this right now but I've seen some good evidence that First Group will be taking over Uno in the near future. There will likely be an announcement on this sometime soon from them, I'd imagine.

I find that very a very strange rumour

DJ

Quote from: Tony on October 25, 2018, 10:21:53 PM
I find that very a very strange rumour

If it doesn't happen then it doesn't happen, but the guy I talk to from down there is usually spot on with any info.

markcf83

Quote from: StourValley98 on October 25, 2018, 09:36:41 PM

Given they are more likely to divest of loss making areas I too find it unlikely they will be taking over UnoBus.
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

DJ

Quote from: markcf83 on October 25, 2018, 11:26:27 PM
Given they are more likely to divest of loss making areas I too find it unlikely they will be taking over UnoBus.

I would've thought it'd be unlikely too but the chap I know down there knows pretty much everything that's happening at Uno.

winston

Quote from: StourValley98 on October 26, 2018, 03:42:08 AM
I would've thought it'd be unlikely too but the chap I know down there knows pretty much everything that's happening at Uno.

I can't see what First would possibly want with Uno, Uno sits between First Essex / Berkshire (Slough) both of which have been cutting back services of late. Plus an acquisition of Uno would take First back in to Northampton which they exited.

DJ

Uno Hatfield have recently got some B7RLEs that were original rented to Malta from Dawson's, and have also seen work with First.

Not my photo, taken by a friend at Uno.

winston

Quote from: StourValley98 on December 19, 2018, 01:53:37 PM
Uno Hatfield have recently got some B7RLEs that were original rented to Malta from Dawson's, and have also seen work with First.

Not my photo, taken by a friend at Uno.

It that where your First takeover of Uni got confused?

Cityfox also have 3 ex Malta B7RLE's working a new route in Newport.

DJ

Quote from: Winston on December 19, 2018, 02:02:19 PM
It that where your First takeover of Uni got confused?

Cityfox also have 3 ex Malta B7RLE's working a new route in Newport.

It was the same chap who told me about the First stuff, he wasn't working there until recently though so it's probably just a rumour that he thought was true considering nothing's happened.

DJ

They have now started to be branded as Tigermoth, I'd expect them in service fairly soon.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk