News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Ridleys Coaches (Kenilworth)

Started by James4368, April 11, 2016, 03:55:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lukeee

Quote from: winston on October 05, 2022, 09:37:23 PMFlixbus's reputation is self inflicted, a few operators have dropped Flixbus work including Thandi. Flixbus came back to Ridley's, as no other operator wanted to take on the former Ridley's routes.
Regarding flixbus and thandi I thought it was flixbus that got rid of thandi, not the other way round 

IMarkeh

Quote from: winston on October 05, 2022, 09:37:23 PMFlixbus's reputation is self inflicted, a few operators have dropped Flixbus work including Thandi. Flixbus came back to Ridley's, as no other operator wanted to take on the former Ridley's routes.
Why would Flixbus go back to any company who had just treated them in such a way. Talk amongst the Flix drivers is that another operator was lined up to take over some of the routes. Are you sure that Ridleys aren't just working their notice period to avoid hefty fines for not fulfilling the contract?

While yes some operators have left Flixbus, some seem to be happy with it 

Straightlines

More speculation quoted as fact!

winston

Michael Bevan

Ridleys have acquired ex Lothian/CT Plus Gemini's SN56 AHA and AHD.

MX05WHR-Enjoyer

I saw an ex-JH Coaches plaxton president still with the old gold livery, on rid12 and alcester grammar yesterday in the afternoon? Does anyone know the registration i couldnt quite make it out.

DMCL

That explains the gold double decker unloading at Alcester Grammar School this morning that my grandson noticed. Unfortunately there was a high hedge between us and the vehicle so can't help with any details.

jc

MX05WHR-Enjoyer

QuoteLT02 ZZJ is the vehicle
Thanks, was wondering for a while as i had previously been on one of JH coaches 52 plates and was wondering if i had been on it.

TheMidlandsTrident

LR52 KWK is new here, saw it at the afternoon school run at alcester grammar, on i believe RID6. The only photos i can find are from its london days, so it has a single door conversion and a different paint.
Warwickshire Trident Ranking.
1. MX05 WHR
2. SF55 TZS
3. KX55 TLY
4. PX04 DOJ
Local Routes: 28, 247
Fav Routes Further Away: 15, X19, 57/58, X18, X20

B61 ANDREW

Quote from: TheMidlandsTrident on January 09, 2024, 09:20:31 PMLR52 KWK is new here, saw it at the afternoon school run at alcester grammar, on i believe RID6.
Possibly "KXK" ??   LR52KWK was converted to an open top vehicle - bit chilly for travel today.  :wink:  

TheMidlandsTrident

QuotePossibly "KXK" ??  LR52KWK was converted to an open top vehicle - bit chilly for travel today.  :wink: 
My mistake, it was KXK. Could have sworn it said KWK though but i am sure its KXK looking at flickr.
Warwickshire Trident Ranking.
1. MX05 WHR
2. SF55 TZS
3. KX55 TLY
4. PX04 DOJ
Local Routes: 28, 247
Fav Routes Further Away: 15, X19, 57/58, X18, X20

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk