News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

NX moving on upwards

Started by Tony, October 16, 2015, 08:26:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

Quote from: Bob on October 19, 2015, 10:50:17 AM
Three Cannock drivers have said that Arriva have no interest in Cannock Stafford garages and they could go and possibly Wednesfield.  While an X51 driver has said he'd heard nx were planning several staffs routes.  Another source has told me they possibly have a whole network of services planned for Staffordshire

That's interesting, those would be the 3 garages if any that I thought could be removed from the Arriva fold i.e. what appear to be the weakest within Arriva Midlands

andy41

Quote from: Winston on October 19, 2015, 11:11:12 AM
That's interesting, those would be the 3 garages if any that I thought could be removed from the Arriva fold i.e. what appear to be the weakest within Arriva Midlands

But to be fair it's not that interesting is it? It's just a couple of knowledgeless drivers tittle tattling to Bob for a reaction.

Drivers are always talking crap to each other and passengers, and rarely know anything.

Still, gives everybody a great opportunity to wheel out their favourite monthly fantasy!

winston

Quote from: andy41 on October 19, 2015, 05:09:37 PM
But to be fair it's not that interesting is it? It's just a couple of knowledgeless drivers tittle tattling to Bob for a reaction.

Drivers are always talking crap to each other and passengers, and rarely know anything.

Still, gives everybody a great opportunity to wheel out their favourite monthly fantasy!

It's interesting in the unlikely event something should come of it!

Liverpool Street

L o l @countryliner getting change from a Diamond bus hahaha have you been on them recently? They rarely have a float so no change.

Birmingham people know anyway and usually have the right money unless they're foreign in the area , or a area like Coventry or nuneaton where exact money is more a sparse rule

Remember the bulk of Birmingham public refer to nxwm as the "English buses" and any other operator as "foreign buses" or even Zak's! Remember them??
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Liverpool Street on October 19, 2015, 06:57:56 PM
L o l @countryliner getting change from a Diamond bus hahaha have you been on them recently? They rarely have a float so no change.

Birmingham people know anyway and usually have the right money unless they're foreign in the area , or a area like Coventry or nuneaton where exact money is more a sparse rule

Remember the bulk of Birmingham public refer to nxwm as the "English buses" and any other operator as "foreign buses" or even Zak's! Remember them??

Last time i went on a Diamond on the 4 the driver didn't seem interested in giving anybody any change except if it was for a note, most people just said keep the change. Now to me that should have been paid in as surplus cash, wonder whether it was?? To make matters worse, the driver stopped and a girl in a wheelchair wanted to get on, he shouted that the wheelchair ramp was stuck, sorry but to me that was telling lies as surely the bus shouldn't have been in serviuce without a wheelchair ramp. Just a driver being bone idle!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Bob

Quote from: andy41 on October 19, 2015, 05:09:37 PM

And how do you know they're knowledge less ? Or what they say is unsubstantiated?  There may be an element of truth there. Conversely it might be Bulls##t but I wouldn't presume.

Tony

Quote from: countryliner on October 19, 2015, 10:03:42 PM
Yes i have been on Diamond buses quite a lot and yes sometimes the drivers do run out of change. Athough some of the drivers will let you on for free if they run out of change (but not all of them). Some bus operators throughout the UK have a rule that the driver must let you on for free if they run out of change (all the bus companies that i work for / have worked for do this) and i think that this rule should be extended to all bus operators as it is not good to kick passengers off the bus or make them overpay just because the driver has run out of change. Some of the smaller independent operators seem to do a much better job of giving their drivers large enough change floats.

On the subject of bus awards - i see that the operators that are shortlisted for top independent bus operator this year are Compass Bus / Courtney Bus / Ensignbus / Safeguard Bus - all of which are very good operators which i have used regularly (in particular Compass and Safeguard). So it is nice to see some good operators shortlisted for these awards.

With the wheelchair ramps - i think that all bus wheelchair ramps should be manual and not the electric type. Manual ramps are simple and they always work and they never break down. I have often seen buses being sent out with broken electric wheelchair ramps (including large bus operators) when they should not really be sent out. Personally i think that having a manual wheelchair ramp on the bus (insteaf of an electric one) should be part of the DDA compliance rules.

I think you will find that the electric ramp on a bus so fitted must be working or it is a PG9 offence, which large operators have you seen sending buses out not working, and how do you know?

Bob

Is it an offence if the bells don't work Tony?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk