News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Centro Bus Information

Started by Bryan, September 10, 2015, 08:11:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan

Having traveled on buses today, I'm not impressed by the information provided by Centro. Three weeks ago I went from Carrs Lane (near Moor Street Station), Birmingham on the 37 service to Solihull. Today I go to look for the same service. I look on all the digital displays in Carrs Lane, no 37's shown at all. I read the printed displays below and yes they are shown as going from Carrs Lane stop MS5.

I ask three helpful NX West Midlands staff nearby who reply, it no longer departs from here, the service has been leaving from outside Boots (in Bull Street) for the last couple of weeks! The latest Birmingham City Centre maps dated 05 July 2015 are also incorrect.

If Centro don't provide up to date information on where to get on vehicles, how can they expect to convert the public from using cars to passenger transport?

MW

Quote from: Bryan on September 10, 2015, 08:11:58 PM
Having traveled on buses today, I'm not impressed by the information provided by Centro. Three weeks ago I went from Carrs Lane (near Moor Street Station), Birmingham on the 37 service to Solihull. Today I go to look for the same service. I look on all the digital displays in Carrs Lane, no 37's shown at all. I read the printed displays below and yes they are shown as going from Carrs Lane stop MS5.

I ask three helpful NX West Midlands staff nearby who reply, it no longer departs from here, the service has been leaving from outside Boots (in Bull Street) for the last couple of weeks! The latest Birmingham City Centre maps dated 05 July 2015 are also incorrect.

If Centro don't provide up to date information on where to get on vehicles, how can they expect to convert the public from using cars to passenger transport?

I don't like these changes. The Pershore/Bristol buses are now causing an obstruction to the 2/3/5/31/X20 stop. Whenever there's more than one Stratford Rd bus waiting to depart, there seems to be at least 3 BC buses hanging around at the stop before. I had to help a BC driver reverse back the other day because it was all blocked because of Stratford Rd buses pulling in at an angle and having to wait a few minutes to depart. They need to change drivers somewhere else, and not block Carrs Lane up in my opinion. Also the bus stop reads 31/X20 and somebody has stuck some paper saying 2/3/5. Not very professional!

Bryan

Yesterday I was waiting for an 11C at Swan Island (Church Road). The display said 15 minutes and gradually counted down until showing Due. Then it vanished and said the first bus was due in 10 minutes which fortunately did appear. (I had a similar episode in Birmingham city centre a few weeks ago waiting for a 37, the time went down until due, it disappears and next bus is in 7 minutes)

I suppose the display made up for this by making no mention of the 59 service, despite the arrival of one after I had been waiting for ten minutes!

A good system I don't think.

trident4370

It was doing the same to me the other day on the 35, counted down to due then vanished with no bus for another 5 minutes. The phone app was also saying the same.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk