News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

New rail terminal for Cannock

Started by Tony, June 26, 2015, 07:46:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Bob

Maybe they could improve the station and make it a bit more pleasant . Ps bad news if you live in Rumer Hill lol

Tony

Quote from: Bob on June 26, 2015, 08:37:18 PM
Maybe they could improve the station and make it a bit more pleasant . Ps bad news if you live in Rumer Hill lol

No it's not. The sidings are well away from Rumer Hill, You cannot even see Rumer Hill on that over head view. That site used to be a coal loading bay East Cannock, Colliery, and most residents were living there when coal dust was floating around in the air and it was far closer to the houses than where the new container sidings are going to be

Bob

I remember the coal loading thing vaguely. Wonder if cannocks electrification is a victim of the recent network rail cuts. Watch the scum tories try to privatise it now....

the trainbasher

Quote from: Bob on June 27, 2015, 01:13:54 AM
I remember the coal loading thing vaguely. Wonder if cannocks electrification is a victim of the recent network rail cuts. Watch the scum tories try to privatise it now....

So you'd rather see NR bung up more debt instead of trying to get their finances under control? Oh I forgot, your Graniud reading, left leaning, Labour mates encouraged that. At least under the current Government they are trying to get a grip with NRs "blank cheque".

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Bob

Quote from: the trainbasher on June 27, 2015, 07:31:13 AM
So you'd rather see NR bung up more debt instead of trying to get their finances under control? Oh I forgot, your Graniud reading, left leaning, Labour mates encouraged that. At least under the current Government they are trying to get a grip with NRs "blank cheque".

This govt? Oh you mean the one thats 'reduced' national debt from 700 odd billion to 1500 billion? Debt as part of gdp was in fact lower during the majority of the last labour govt than the preceding tory one and certainly lower than this shower. Seriously get a grip. Id rather lean to the left than be a self serving tory with all the hatred of the vulnerable etc that it entails....

Tony

Quote from: Bob on June 27, 2015, 11:13:03 AM
This govt? Oh you mean the one thats 'reduced' national debt from 700 odd billion to 1500 billion? Debt as part of gdp was in fact lower during the majority of the last labour govt than the preceding tory one and certainly lower than this shower. Seriously get a grip. Id rather lean to the left than be a self serving tory with all the hatred of the vulnerable etc that it entails....

Yes Bob, of course National Debt has gone up, you'd have been the first to moan if it hadn't with the cuts that would have to be made to do that.
What the Tories are doing is reducing the National Deficit, that is the difference between what is paid in taxes and what is spent. It won't get to zero until around 2020, only when the deficit gets to less than zero will the debt start reducing.

It is like saying you pay £100 off your credit card each month, but spending £300, then when you reduce your spending to £200 but still only pay off £100 and wondering why the debt is still getting bigger

Bob

I still wouldnt trust the Tories Tony. Theyre scum. And that MP for Cannock is dreadful.

Bob

A lot of the stuff theyre doing ( not in transport as much ) is purely down to their vile ideology rather than need for cuts etc.

Tony

Quote from: Bob on June 29, 2015, 09:15:30 PM
I still wouldnt trust the Tories Tony. Theyre scum. And that MP for Cannock is dreadful.

What do you know about her then Bob, I haven't had chance to meet her yet.

Perhaps some of these people who are having there benefits cut might like to come and drive for NX and earn a living wage, after all they currently have nearly 200 vacancies that they cannot fill. No formal qualifications required other than a car driving license.

Bob

Labour actually had a better benefits plan in their manifesto. The tories jumped on the "theyre all scrounging b#######ds bandwagon and thick people believed it. Hundreds of billions worth of tax avoidance yet theyll make a huge thing of 12 billion benefit cuts. Labours plan was to link benefits to n.i. contributions more so say yourself would get a much better rate of unemployment benefit based on what youve paid in rather than the same amount as someone whos never done a days work in their life, which is what youd gdt currently.
Shes just a typical arrogant tory, shes had a publicity snap done at the minng memorial and banged on how our rich mining heritage has created wonderfully strong communities...uuurgh pass me the sick bucket. After whst the tories did to those communities.....!?

Last week, when many MPs were standing up for their constituents at an anti austerity march she was ( very publicly) doing a litter pick. Im banned from commenting on her chase MP fb page, along with a few others. I was never abusive, i simply asked if she thought it acceptable for housing stock owning councils like cannock to be forced to selk rather than allocate their vacant homes in order to fund housing assoc RTB elsewhere, when there was a shortage of social housing in cannock, i also asked why schools rated as good by ofsted under council ownership were being pushed into becoming academies, when staffs university academy is a failing school  and why so many academy trusts are owned by tory party donors. My questions kept being removed so i keot pasting them. Whats yourtake on that? Id say shes a crap MP who doesnt like awkward questions and any comment that isnt kissing her backside is unwelcome?

She also completely ignores people whove emailed her and questions on her twitter account, from lots of constituenyd

the trainbasher

Let me dissect your argument and turn it on its head..

(At the risk of getting sanctioned, I will be adding some explainations re buses/trains too)

Quote from: Bob on June 29, 2015, 10:23:07 PM
Labour actually had a better benefits plan in their manifesto.

Yeah...the Labour policies are all well said but did benefits claims or did they not increase significantly under the previous labour government.

Quote from: Bob on June 29, 2015, 10:23:07 PMThe tories jumped on the "theyre all scrounging b#######ds bandwagon and thick people believed it.

A few doors away from me there is someone who is claiming disability money for being an alcoholic...he is single handed keeping the local shop afloat based on the amount of booze he buys!

Quote from: Bob on June 29, 2015, 10:23:07 PMHundreds of billions worth of tax avoidance yet theyll make a huge thing of 12 billion benefit cuts.

You call it tax avoidance, I call it following the letter of the law!

Quote from: Bob on June 29, 2015, 10:23:07 PMLabours plan was to link benefits to n.i. contributions more so say yourself would get a much better rate of unemployment benefit based on what youve paid in rather than the same amount as someone whos never done a days work in their life, which is what youd gdt currently.

See my initial reply.

Quote from: Bob on June 29, 2015, 10:23:07 PMShes just a typical arrogant tory, shes had a publicity snap done at the minng memorial and banged on how our rich mining heritage has created wonderfully strong communities...uuurgh pass me the sick bucket. After whst the tories did to those communities.....!?

I think you will find it was your Left wing loving, common sense bashing, paramount leader Arthur Scargill who killed the mining industry.

Quote from: Bob on June 29, 2015, 10:23:07 PMLast week, when many MPs were standing up for their constituents at an anti austerity march she was ( very publicly) doing a litter pick.

At least she shows she cares for her constituency!

Anyway I think you'll find that since the Conservatives have got in, more Rail projects have been started, HS2 has got started in the prep stages, the NW has electrification between Manchester, Preston and Liverpool and the GW is about to start a massive overhaul to make it suitable for the 21st century.

That wouldn't happen under a Liebour Government!

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Bob

A guy three doors down...thats one person...

Disability living allowance.. introduced in 1992 by the Tories i think youll find

incapacity benefit..introduced by the Thatcher govt, largely as a means of massaging the unemployment figures

More investment in rail? Not half as much as they promised, seen the news lately?

Massive increase in benefits? I think youll find unemployment as a whole was lower under the blair and brown govts than under the previous 17 year tory period

Arthur Scargill was an idiot yes, but Mrs Thatcher treated the miners with absolute contempt...

Bob

The alcoholic down the road bit though...thats hilarious...Ive had heroin users next doir to me...that must mean everyone on benefits is taking the proverbial....your so funny.:-)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk