News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Travel Express / Lets Go

Started by Badger, June 07, 2012, 04:17:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iamwilljh92

Quote from: wilmotm (Matt Wilmot) on May 08, 2014, 10:28:03 PM
Exactly Tony! Our family car is 19 years old! Does that make it unsafe or past it? and should be scrapped immediately? In actual fact no, there is no real like for like replacement available on sale of a similar size and it still drives absolutely beautifully, much better than the modern rubbish, designed to last just 7 years in order to force customers to buy a new one so I say good on Travel Express, have you ever travelled on them Will?

Yes, their buses do look a little scruffy, but they are making an effort recently, noticed the Munro dart had lost its Munro fleet names and the drivers, if perhaps sometimes bordering on slightly too fast all seem friendly and relaxed to me and personally seem to enjoy their job more than some driving for larger National operators mentioning no names

Okay I retract what I said because I just realised what First Midland Red used to operate in Kiddy as recent as 7 years ago! (http://wmbusphotos.com/FirstMidlandRed/62714.html) so actually TE's vehicles really aren't that bad and as I think about it growing up in Kidderminster I remember old Mercs and Lances being used!

Trident 4609

Quote from: Nathan on May 03, 2014, 12:31:44 PM
Quote from: Ashley on April 29, 2014, 11:59:33 PM
NK51 MKE on 1's today covering for T580 JTD

On the 1's again today

Was on here today also. Appeas to be one of the regulars on the 1 at the moment. Still covering for T580 JTD i imagine?

Ashley

W362ABD, NK51MKE and one of the Y-FJN's are the norm on the 1 at the moment. Same with all the routes, things change at random I'm guessing just to make use of all active fleetmembers unless some are having repairs. For example I haven't seen the SPD for a good month or two now

mranon

the spd v210erg hasnt been in use for a while, but it was back on the 11's today with its usual asian driver. the y-tgh hes been using was on the 1's with the chap who has used t580jtd/nk51.

nk51 was on the 32/33 today.

h112 mob is still soldering on being the only carlyle dart still in regular use. please te, give it a bath its black!!!

i am suprised travel express have not made the 11's completely low floor, but with y748fjn, x292abu, and t580jtd out of use, if these were all back on the road, its nearly there. i wonder how many of these recent purchases completely comply with the dda requirements. i personally wish this operator would deal with a couple of rogue drivers, and smarten his image. even if he painted them all one colour to match.

Tony

Quote from: mranon on May 09, 2014, 06:08:23 PM
the spd v210erg hasnt been in use for a while, but it was back on the 11's today with its usual asian driver. the y-tgh hes been using was on the 1's with the chap who has used t580jtd/nk51.

h112 mob is still soldering on being the only carlyle dart still in regular use. please te, give it a bath its black!!!

i am suprised travel express have not made the 11's completely low floor, but with y748fjn, x292abu, and t580jtd out of use, if these were all back on the road, its nearly there. i wonder how many of these recent purchases completely comply with the dda requirements. i personally wish this operator would deal with a couple of rogue drivers, and smarten his image. even if he painted them all one colour to match.

Is that the drivers or the buses?  ;D

Trident 4609

LOL Tony ;D 

Anyway, Saw V210 ERG earlier on Broad St earlier. How long has it been out of action as i haven't seen it in a while either?

Quote from: Tony on May 09, 2014, 06:30:25 PM
Quote from: mranon on May 09, 2014, 06:08:23 PM

Is that the drivers or the buses?  ;D

mranon

lol tony, the buses i meant, although the drivers having some kind of uniform wouldn't go amiss. when you look at other smaller operators past and present, such as banga, select, the old green bus (before they let things slide!), even choice when they first started, they all mainly have an identity, buses get washed and you know who's pulling up at the stop.

Ashley

They've now got enough low floor buses to get rid of step entrance Darts entirely but then three low floors vanish for ages however I think some have now been withdrawn/cannibalised and or sold for scrap but yo couldn't guess which in case it re appeared on monday

Trident 4609

Y248 FJN on the 33 this afternoon. Seen at the Elephant And Castle Junction at Stafford St/Cannock Rd at 16:35

Also NK51 MKE on 2's yesterday and today with a working dot matrix display

Ashley

Y248FJN has been on 32/33 for a few weeks now, Y244 has disappeared with Y252 on 1's

Trident 4609

Quote from: Ashley on June 05, 2014, 05:32:20 PM
Y248FJN has been on 32/33 for a few weeks now, Y244 has disappeared with Y252 on 1's

Cheers for that Ashley :)  Is NK51 MKE a regular on the 2 now ?

Ashley

Not sure about NK51 MKE, possibly a one off on the 2. Think the regulars at the moment are Y131GBO and a Handyrider Carlyle

NXWM Spectra

Quote from: Ashley on June 05, 2014, 06:03:50 PM
Not sure about NK51 MKE, possibly a one off on the 2. Think the regulars at the moment are Y131GBO and a Handyrider Carlyle

I think the only Handyrider Carlyle Dart that hasn't yet been declared SORN is H112 MOB.

Ashley

I'm not located in Wolverhampton as much in the day now so I'm going on what I do see. I believe the rest of the Carlyles have finally gone

andrew1991

Is the caravan in the garage being used as an office or are they offering caravan holidays now ?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk