News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Travel Express / Lets Go

Started by Badger, June 07, 2012, 04:17:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John

Quote from: Nathan on April 23, 2014, 04:37:53 PM
Travel Express have acquired another Dart (Y854 TGH I think) in a two tone green livery out on 11's today

This livery Nathan?
https://www.flickr.com/photos/rob37430/6117509814/

mranon

it was out yesterday, and caused chaos when it dumped oil in bus station!

Trident 4609

Quote from: John on April 23, 2014, 04:39:34 PM
Travel Express have acquired another Dart (Y854 TGH I think) in a two tone green livery out on 11's today

This livery Nathan?
https://www.flickr.com/photos/rob37430/6117509814/

That's the one John :) I have already posted a link to a photo of the bus with a previous operator though ;). Come to think of it I do remember seeing this vehicle parked in the garage when I went past at the weekend

SMK

Travel Express have acquired another Dart (Y854 TGH) in a two tone green livery out on 11's today
I had a ride on this back to Wolves from Fallings Park (I was waiting for a NXWM 11, because I had a scratchcard daysaver, but the driver beckoned me to come on board anyway :D ).
Quite nippy but the bell/stopping display didn't work.
Plus the driver skipped the stop on Stafford St. in the city centre and went straight to the bus station, via the ring road, instead. :)
We'll get rid of your bus to Wolves and replace it with one to Walsall instead.......... Oh the joy of a Network Review. -_-

Solo1

here is the latest bus with travel express  green single on 11 service https://www.flickr.com/photos/stanjack/13995541082/

Ashley

NK51 MKE on 1's today covering for T580 JTD

Trident 4609

Quote from: Ashley on April 29, 2014, 11:59:33 PM

On the 1's again today

Ashley

Quote from: Nathan on May 03, 2014, 12:31:44 PM
Quote from: Ashley on April 29, 2014, 11:59:33 PM

On the 1's again today

Stayed on the 1's all week with W362ABD in place of a Y-FJN Dart on friday

Also, H547NOC is being cannabalised

iamwilljh92

Okay so I know this had been said before by myself but should any of there pre-1995 vehicles be in service now? I was stood in Wolverhampton bus station this afternoon and I saw that Orange "Easyrider" vehicle of there's doing a service and I did a DVLA enq on it and to my horror I discovered that it is the same age as me (22) now Arriva/Diamond/Whittle (to name a few) wouldn't use vehicles of that age so why on earth do Travel Express think they can? is it possibly because they're owned by an Asian fella? now I'm not racist in anyway shape or form but it's quite obvious to me that Indian laws obviously allow really old vehicles to be used as buses/taxis etc but once a bus reaches a certain age they should be removed from use which is what Rotala & Arriva do with they're vehicles although obviously Travel Express can't seem to grasp this concept!!!

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

Quote from: Will on May 08, 2014, 10:06:27 PM
Okay so I know this had been said before by myself but should any of there pre-1995 vehicles be in service now? I was stood in Wolverhampton bus station this afternoon and I saw that Orange "Easyrider" vehicle of there's doing a service and I did a DVLA enq on it and to my horror I discovered that it is the same age as me (22) now Arriva/Diamond/Whittle (to name a few) wouldn't use vehicles of that age so why on earth do Travel Express think they can? is it possibly because they're owned by an Asian fella? now I'm not racist in anyway shape or form but it's quite obvious to me that Indian laws obviously allow really old vehicles to be used as buses/taxis etc but once a bus reaches a certain age they should be removed from use which is what Rotala & Arriva do with they're vehicles although obviously Travel Express can't seem to grasp this concept!!!

I'm sorry but I find this post a little harsh, if they are maintained well what has age got to do with whether a bus should be on the road! (Not saying they are or aren't by the way)

And dressing your remark up with I'm not racist doesn't really then allow you to make what I feel is a derogatory remark

mranon

i think from recent spottings, travel express has bought several low floor darts, although some have been off the road with problems. havent they got until end of this year before they need to be dda. i didnt think there was an age limit on buses, but the dda regs come into force.

Tony

I don't know what this 'Indian law' is you are referring to, We work under English law here which at the moment makes operating these buses legal (obviously or Vosa would have stopped them) As for large operators and 22 year olde vehicles WMPTE was known to operate 27 year old buses. 'National Express West Midlands' operated Metrobuses older than 22 years. Stagecoach still have an Olympian in service in Bedford older than this (part of the historic fleet, but regularly used (14000)) First has only just taken two older Olympians off the road in Stoke, and how old are the Routemasters still in use in London?

winston

There is currently no restriction on a vehicle of that age being used as long as is well maintained/road worthy. By 31st Dec 2015 it will need to have been removed from service as it is not wheelchair accessible/DDA complaint. Arriva / Rotala & Whittle choose to operate a more modern fleet & low floor.

As for your comment about the owner being Asian, for all you know he was probably born in this country, so that comment about Indian law allowing elderly buses is a complete load of b*llox and bears no significance.

Ashley

Quote from: Tony on May 08, 2014, 10:18:16 PM

I don't know what this 'Indian law' is you are referring to, We work under English law here which at the moment makes operating these buses legal (obviously or Vosa would have stopped them) As for large operators and 22 year olde vehicles WMPTE was known to operate 27 year old buses. 'National Express West Midlands' operated Metrobuses older than 22 years. Stagecoach still have an Olympian in service in Bedford older than this (part of the historic fleet, but regularly used (14000)) First has only just taken two older Olympians off the road in Stoke, and how old are the Routemasters still in use in London?

Not to mention all the leyland olympians still in passenger service...

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

Exactly Tony! Our family car is 19 years old! Does that make it unsafe or past it? and should be scrapped immediately? In actual fact no, there is no real like for like replacement available on sale of a similar size and it still drives absolutely beautifully, much better than the modern rubbish, designed to last just 7 years in order to force customers to buy a new one so I say good on Travel Express, have you ever travelled on them Will?

Yes, their buses do look a little scruffy, but they are making an effort recently, noticed the Munro dart had lost its Munro fleet names and the drivers, if perhaps sometimes bordering on slightly too fast all seem friendly and relaxed to me and personally seem to enjoy their job more than some driving for larger National operators mentioning no names

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk