News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Travel Express / Lets Go

Started by Badger, June 07, 2012, 04:17:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: mranon on January 05, 2014, 12:02:24 AM
i agree, travel express really need to sort themselves out. they need to train there drivers, get an image, and look at gaps in services. a good example is  they could link up say an 11 and 32 serving bushbury crem etc, a place where during the daytime is a long walk from any frequent bus service. one bus an hour could work. all they interested in is running on existing routes trying any which way they can to get in front of other services, with no regard to passenger/road users/ other buses safety. today they were even carving one another up on the same route!!!!
To be fair I can't see them picking up many passengers at Bushbury Crem! They cut and shove to get to  the bus station early and sit there for 10 mins while the 10 people waiting don't get on cause they are waiting for an NX bus in any case lol. Leave them to it I say eventually they will be their own downfall!
Enviro 200 Rebels......Venturing Out Into New Territory's!!

mranon

Quote from: NXWM Spectra on January 07, 2014, 10:36:52 PM
I expect it won't be long now before the 'H' reg Buses will be withdrawn unfortunately. Unless they plan to increase vehicle requirement by increasing frequency on an existing route or registering a new one.

isnt it 2015 all single deck service buses need to be low floor dda spec? think for deckers its 2017

NXWM Spectra

Quote from: mranon on January 08, 2014, 02:25:28 AM
Quote from: NXWM Spectra on January 07, 2014, 10:36:52 PM
I expect it won't be long now before the 'H' reg Buses will be withdrawn unfortunately. Unless they plan to increase vehicle requirement by increasing frequency on an existing route or registering a new one.

isnt it 2015 all single deck service buses need to be low floor dda spec? think for deckers its 2017

Yes, so a little longer in service could still be possible.

BN

Quote from: Winston on January 07, 2014, 10:04:34 PM
Acquired from Ensign during Dec

Darts Y244 / 252FJN : T   ravel Express, Wolverhampton.

Winston,

Where do you get Ross' info from?

Regards

mranon

bn, not sure if winston is the same, but im on this uk-bus-fleetnews@yahoogroups.com . ross newman puts a list usually monthly of ensign's vehicle movements starting off with vehicles in, vehicles out, and their own fleetnews. by joining that group, you get all sorts of news emailed through. hope this helps.

winston

Quote from: BN on January 08, 2014, 05:40:21 PM
Quote from: Winston on January 07, 2014, 10:04:34 PM
Acquired from Ensign during Dec

Darts Y244 / 252FJN : T   ravel Express, Wolverhampton.

Winston,

Where do you get Ross' info from?

Regards

BN,

The UK bus fleetnews Yahoo group as the link on the post above, I did reply/post the link the last time you asked, 

Try this link instead:
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/uk-bus-fleetnews/conversations/messages

Solo1

PM

Quote from: Tony on January 03, 2014, 09:02:12 PM
Quote from: DiamondDart on January 03, 2014, 02:37:37 PM
Quote from: mranon on January 03, 2014, 01:08:08 PM
i wonder how many of their low floors meet the 2017 dda requirements? i reckon they will miss the older buses as to be fair to them, although they look scruffy, they are out there every day. i personally wish he would gain an identity such as choice/midland did, and select. saying that though, id want to remain anonymous with 2 drivers he has on the same route everyday. they even cut themselves up!!!

Does a competing operator NEED an identity? I would broadly agree with what you have written above but having used Bristol Road services for many years, we have seen several companies with no real identity-to be fair travel express buses say so-but the BR has seen East West Travel ltd-who were they, bull ring travel, a line, thandi and many just had a red livery. My point is: if a bus arrives at the stop where a cash payer is waiting, stops and has 63 written on the front, the cash payer will more than likely get on. They would not stand there and worry whether it was a diamond bus or NXWM unless they had a pass. Indeed, many of the companies I mentioned seemed to do ok on the BR and keep many people in employment. Shame it all disappeared and I am looking forward to DTS arriving on the route. After all, they will be providing new jobs for drivers, competition etc etc. Good luck, I say.

Yes, they all worked really well, that is why they are still there, oh they're not!

Apart from Travel Express, I think every operator you mention had there license revoked, yes that is working well! How many of those passengers you mention realised they were getting on a badly maintained vehicle with drivers not always adhering to driving hours rules.

I am not against competition, I just think it should be of a quality that doesn't attract the attention of VOSA

Missed the point there really. My point is clearly that buses need to be well maintained but having no image did not hold them back from picking up passengers.

Tony

Quote from: DiamondDart on January 10, 2014, 12:22:08 PM
i wonder how many of their low floors meet the 2017 dda requirements? i reckon they will miss the older buses as to be fair to them, although they look scruffy, they are out there every day. i personally wish he would gain an identity such as choice/midland did, and select. saying that though, id want to remain anonymous with 2 drivers he has on the same route everyday. they even cut themselves up!!!

Does a competing operator NEED an identity? I would broadly agree with what you have written above but having used Bristol Road services for many years, we have seen several companies with no real identity-to be fair travel express buses say so-but the BR has seen East West Travel ltd-who were they, bull ring travel, a line, thandi and many just had a red livery. My point is: if a bus arrives at the stop where a cash payer is waiting, stops and has 63 written on the front, the cash payer will more than likely get on. They would not stand there and worry whether it was a diamond bus or NXWM unless they had a pass. Indeed, many of the companies I mentioned seemed to do ok on the BR and keep many people in employment. Shame it all disappeared and I am looking forward to DTS arriving on the route. After all, they will be providing new jobs for drivers, competition etc etc. Good luck, I say.

Yes, they all worked really well, that is why they are still there, oh they're not!

Apart from Travel Express, I think every operator you mention had there license revoked, yes that is working well! How many of those passengers you mention realised they were getting on a badly maintained vehicle with drivers not always adhering to driving hours rules.

I am not against competition, I just think it should be of a quality that doesn't attract the attention of VOSA

Missed the point there really. My point is clearly that buses need to be well maintained but having no image did not hold them back from picking up passengers.

The Travel Express Lynx that used to run on the Bristol Road was well maintained. I believe it met legal requirements, but was the only bus I can ever remember being used in service with so much rot that you could actually see through a rust hole in the side panels straight into the passenger area

PM

Quote from: Tony on January 10, 2014, 07:57:29 PM
Quote from: DiamondDart on January 10, 2014, 12:22:08 PM

The Travel Express Lynx that used to run on the Bristol Road was well maintained. I believe it met legal requirements, but was the only bus I can ever remember being used in service with so much rot that you could actually see through a rust hole in the side panels straight into the passenger area

Never got to go on the ex black prince lynx and it did certainly look a mess but the national and renault dodge j--jjr looked worse. The dodge in particular was horrendous!!

Trident 4609

Y252 FJN now in service. Saw it departing Wolverhampton on the 11 at about 15:25

mranon

y244fjn in white/blue skirt was in service this morning on 32/33 weird we have not yet seen y131gbo/x703uks out yet, and the 51 reg munro dart has only managed a day or so yet

Quote from: mranon on January 20, 2014, 05:30:23 PM
y244fjn in white/blue skirt was in service this morning on 32/33 weird we have not yet seen y131gbo/x703uks out yet, and the 51 reg munro dart has only managed a day or so yet
Yes I saw that also Mr Anon. Maybe we should give Diamond a break and call TE the 'Rainbow' firm  :o
Enviro 200 Rebels......Venturing Out Into New Territory's!!

mranon

;D @ 4006 lmao. they really should smarten themselves up, and train a couple of their drivers at least lol

Trident 4609

Quote from: mranon on January 21, 2014, 09:08:13 PM
;D @ 4006 lmao. they really should smarten themselves up, and train a couple of their drivers at least lol

The amount of times people who know I like buses ask me who the hell "ACL Travel are"!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk