News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Travel Express / Lets Go

Started by Badger, June 07, 2012, 04:17:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: Andrew on July 09, 2013, 09:34:04 PM
The 2 coaches seem to have disappeared now and a red & blue dart has turned up.

W143ULR
http://wmbusphotos.com/TravelExpress/W143ULR.html

Trident 4609

Looks like the dart at Coastal Liner (Both from Metroline in London)

Tony

Quote from: Trident 4609 on July 10, 2013, 09:19:50 PM

At least the Metroline one only has one previous owner (Metroline). This one has quite a history if you look at the top of the page including non-PSV work

Trident 4609

Quote from: Tony on July 10, 2013, 09:25:13 PM

At least the Metroline one only has one previous owner (Metroline). This one has quite a history if you look at the top of the page including non-PSV work

Didn't read the history at first but just read it. As with all TX buses this will probably bwe kept in Metroline colours

vinh1000

They got depot on Dudley Road?
I looked at the depot on 33 xx road and it is proper small lol :)
Must pass it one day as i cant imagine buses fitting there
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

Tony

Quote from: vinh1000 on July 10, 2013, 09:40:05 PM

They got depot on Dudley Road?
I looked at the depot on 33 xx road and it is proper small lol :)
Must pass it one day as i cant imagine buses fitting there

It was built as a bus depot! One of Midland Red's finest

Solo1

re the new bus wonder what bus its replacing  & when it will see service

So Travel Express now On The 529

http://www.flickr.com/photos/retroscania/9503112290/

Wonder how long it will last!
Enviro 200 Rebels......Venturing Out Into New Territory's!!

winston

Quote from: 4006 on August 13, 2013, 02:43:27 PM
So Travel Express now On The 529

http://www.flickr.com/photos/retroscania/9503112290/

Wonder how long it will last!

Looks very inviting as well traveling on a 23 year old step entry Dennis Dart, the presentation of the bus highlights the quality of the service/operator  ;D

Trident 4609

Yes saw one on the Willenhall Rd. Thry have withdrawn of f the 2. Seemed to have a few passengers on when i saw it.

Try comparing 23 year old clapped out darts with brand new Electric Hybrid buses on the 1!

mranon

saw some pensioners moaning at a centro guy about state of it earlier. think they thought it was something to do with nx. seriously, they offering cheaper fares yes, but i cant see them doing any good. also, why not do the whole route? me thinks tx hoping to make a quick buck when the j10 is rammed.

they have also increased their 32/33 service from 2 buses to 4. again, why waste resources on an already over served route. i cant understand why these operators dont think out of the box, and try to serve areas/places that are missed out by major routes. market them properly with clean reliable buses they might stand a chance.

winston

Quote from: mranon on August 13, 2013, 05:57:42 PM
saw some pensioners moaning at a centro guy about state of it earlier. think they thought it was something to do with nx. seriously, they offering cheaper fares yes, but i cant see them doing any good. also, why not do the whole route? me thinks tx hoping to make a quick buck when the j10 is rammed.

they have also increased their 32/33 service from 2 buses to 4. again, why waste resources on an already over served route. i cant understand why these operators dont think out of the box, and try to serve areas/places that are missed out by major routes. market them properly with clean reliable buses they might stand a chance.

Because marketing costs money and it's cheaper/less riskier to cherry pick the cash paying passengers off the busier NX corridors.... if Travel Express can't be bothered to spend the money on repaints & presenting a better image, I'd be very surprised to see them introduce any new routes re-creating existing or new links that serve areas removed from the NX network

Quote from: Winston on August 13, 2013, 07:19:47 PM
Quote from: mranon on August 13, 2013, 05:57:42 PM

Because marketing costs money and it's cheaper/less riskier to cherry pick the cash paying passengers off the busier NX corridors.... if Travel Express can't be bothered to spend the money on repaints & presenting a better image, I'd be very surprised to see them introduce any new routes re-creating existing or new links that serve areas removed from the NX network
Its also easier for them to hide...sorry 'Blend In' on a busy route where they can cause as much disruption as possible unoticed  :P
They don't really want to be noticed in any case. For example you look on the web for a TX 529 timetable, contact number, enquiry line e.t.c....good luck with that one!  ;)
Enviro 200 Rebels......Venturing Out Into New Territory's!!

Westy

Surely the only place they would appear online, is Network WM's timetable site?

andrew1991

Another dart has appeared at the garage, this time with Munro's written on the front

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk