News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Travel Express / Lets Go

Started by Badger, June 07, 2012, 04:17:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Bevan

According to the TfWM website, Travel Express are going on the 529 full time from the 6th of Feb. With Monday-Sunday journeys between Walsall and Wolverhampton.

https://legacy.wmnetwork.co.uk/plan-your-journey/find-a-timetable/#/route/cen_44529_%20_H_y11_4-4

BusMan Greg

Their brave

The 32 is also changing with it going to Monday - Friday mornings only

Westy

Quote from: Michael Bevan on January 21, 2022, 07:40:28 PM
According to the TfWM website, Travel Express are going on the 529 full time from the 6th of Feb. With Monday-Sunday journeys between Walsall and Wolverhampton.

https://legacy.wmnetwork.co.uk/plan-your-journey/find-a-timetable/#/route/cen_44529_%20_H_y11_4-4

Took a look at the timetable.

Not really any use to me, at the times I'm around!

Westy

Thought they weren't starting on the 529 until the 6th?

So why have I just seen one of their white single deckers drop off at The Wharf in Walsall?

Wumpty

Quote from: Westy on February 03, 2022, 07:04:52 AM

So why have I just seen one of their white single deckers drop off at The Wharf in Walsall?

I think they operate certain positioning journeys for the 303.
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Tony

Quote from: Wumpty on February 03, 2022, 08:53:44 AM
I think they operate certain positioning journeys for the 303.

Not registered to come into Walsall, finishes at Couty Bridge

Westy

Quote from: Tony on February 03, 2022, 08:59:34 AM
Not registered to come into Walsall, finishes at Couty Bridge

Think he's being naughty then, as his destinations on both vehicles I saw this morning definitely said Walsall!

(Unless he's running a free service like Diamond did on the 301, when they took over A2Z journeys?)

Michael Bevan

Quote from: Westy on February 03, 2022, 10:19:46 AM
Think he's being naughty then, as his destinations on both vehicles I saw this morning definitely said Walsall!

(Unless he's running a free service like Diamond did on the 301, when they took over A2Z journeys?)

Can confirm this as I've just passed a Let's Go Enviro 200 at Portobello Island heading towards Willenhall with it destinated for Walsall.

Westy

Quote from: Michael Bevan on February 03, 2022, 03:48:15 PM
Can confirm this as I've just passed a Let's Go Enviro 200 at Portobello Island heading towards Willenhall with it destinated for Walsall.

It might be the one I've just tried to catch, as it wouldn't accept my Nbus Walsall pass!

Think a few other people tried to catch it as well,  but failed.

There were passengers on there, so if they're not accepting passes, I'm sure I saw a woman pay at Willenhall to catch it, surely they're breaking a law of some sort, by operating a few days early?

Michael Bevan

Saw one in Wolverhampton Bus Station too earlier. Judging from the timetable from Monday it should have left at 17:25, but ended up leaving at 17:23. Also the 17:55 off Wolverhampton hasn't ran either from Wolverhampton.

Tony

Quote from: Westy on February 03, 2022, 07:04:52 AM

Your info is wrong, just checked now I am on a computer and it was registered to start on 1st February
https://www.vehicle-operator-licensing.service.gov.uk/search/find-registered-local-bus-services/details/589968/

Stu

Quote from: Tony on February 03, 2022, 06:10:08 PM
Your info is wrong, just checked now I am on a computer and it was registered to start on 1st February
https://www.vehicle-operator-licensing.service.gov.uk/search/find-registered-local-bus-services/details/589968/

The TfWM website does show that the new timetable is 'valid from 6th Feb', which is where the confusion stems from it seems.

Normally service/timetable changes take effect on a Sunday, however this service was registered to start on Tuesday, so that has thrown things off kilter a bit.

Still its good to hear they're already picking up paying passengers, even without a timetable in effect!
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Westy

Does Travel Express accept or
supposed to accept  Nbus?

Quote from: Stu on February 03, 2022, 06:36:30 PM
Still its good to hear they're already picking up paying passengers, even without a timetable in effect!
Hardly surprising, its not as if this is a brand new route. Picking up passengers who would have got the NXWM bus.
Have you seen the DTS 11 timetable for instance. I very much doubt many people look at that timetable to see what time the DTS bus comes at, they are scheduled to come at competly random times with massive gaps between.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stu

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk