News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Travel Express / Lets Go

Started by Badger, June 07, 2012, 04:17:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

Quote from: cris 99 on April 11, 2021, 09:29:32 PM
i  see T580JTD is now withdrawn along with X312KRX so down to just 2 darts now i believe SK51AYD & CX03EBJ
Yes, I caught CX03EBJ last Wednesday on the 11

cris 99

i wish they would sort out their machines though so we actually know whats out each day  :) :)
17//72/73/97/X12

Pat

Quote from: cris 99 on April 12, 2021, 12:07:17 PM
i wish they would sort out their machines though so we actually know whats out each day  :) :)
TfWM sort the machines out, as they lease them

igogeneral

If they are the same as us they do not lease the machines, they are purchased. However TfWM manage them for us and charge a small management fee.

Pat

Quote from: igogeneral on April 14, 2021, 03:37:47 PM
If they are the same as us they do not lease the machines, they are purchased. However TfWM manage them for us and charge a small management fee.
But is that because you operate out with of the WM area as well, which is why Kev's own theirs?  As I understand it, TfWM lease the machines out, hence why every operator in the West Midlands now uses these machines.

mikestone

Whatever the ownership or lease arrangements, vehicle to machine correlation will surely be the responsibility of the operator, or even individual drivers when logging on to their machines?

Pat

Quote from: mikestone on April 14, 2021, 09:09:04 PM
Whatever the ownership or lease arrangements, vehicle to machine correlation will surely be the responsibility of the operator, or even individual drivers when logging on to their machines?
The Let's Go machines don't have all of the new enviros programmed onto the system.  They've just taken the old machines off the darts and put them on the enviros, so the vehicle registration will not come up when signing on.

Steveminor

Pat all the machines are owned by the operators. Tfwm manage the back office under the managed service scheme which is chargeable

igogeneral

Quote from: Pat on April 14, 2021, 06:17:42 PM
But is that because you operate out with of the WM area as well, which is why Kev's own theirs?  As I understand it, TfWM lease the machines out, hence why every operator in the West Midlands now uses these machines.
Wrong Pat. We have TfWM machines and Worcester machines and not all operators in West Midlands have Ticketer do they

Pat

Quote from: igogeneral on April 15, 2021, 10:49:15 PM
not all operators in West Midlands have Ticketer do they
They do, except NX who have INIT.

igogeneral

I know so that makes about 80% of all machines not being Ticketer which is the preferred option of TfWM and Worcester. Not sure which of the two is best but Ticketer is not cheap

igogeneral

Quote from: Pat on April 14, 2021, 09:35:31 PM
The Let's Go machines don't have all of the new enviros programmed onto the system.  They've just taken the old machines off the darts and put them on the enviros, so the vehicle registration will not come up when signing on.
The machines can be moved bus to bus without any problem, the machine will not work unless a registered bus is entered into the machine so would be pointless not registering them with TfWM manged services.

Wumpty

Bustimes.org showing SJ53AXG tracking as an Outer Circle 11C in Erdington clockwise at Milverton Road/Reservoir Road.

I didn't know they covered the 11C - is this correct or is the bus on loan to someone else??

https://bustimes.org/vehicles/282916
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Quote from: Wumpty on July 29, 2021, 10:55:17 AM
Bustimes.org showing SJ53AXG tracking as an Outer Circle 11C in Erdington clockwise at Milverton Road/Reservoir Road.

I didn't know they covered the 11C - is this correct or is the bus on loan to someone else??

https://bustimes.org/vehicles/282916
Thats a Discount Travel Solutions bus. Nothing to do with this operator.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Wumpty

Quote from: 2206 on July 29, 2021, 11:11:00 AM
Thats a Discount Travel Solutions bus. Nothing to do with this operator.

Thanks - it's listed on Bustimes as allocated to Let's Go but is (rightly) listed on @Tony site with DTS -best to check with the fine bus fraternity :D
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk