News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Travel Express / Lets Go

Started by Badger, June 07, 2012, 04:17:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mranon

Ex igo kx57kme out on the 1 this afternoon in igo livery minus name

Wumpty

LDJ56LDC on 11 with no working destination display.

Piece of paper in windscreen with 11 on it that's barely legible and obscuring the passenger side windscreen.
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Pat

Quote from: Wumpty on March 03, 2020, 12:46:47 PM
LDJ56LDC on 11 with no working destination display.

Piece of paper in windscreen with 11 on it that's barely legible and obscuring the passenger side windscreen.
It's been like that since it was first out.  There was an enviro on 32's the other week with working blinds, but not sure why they can't get the blinds working.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: NXWMFAN1105 on March 03, 2020, 12:49:37 PM
It's been like that since it was first out.  There was an enviro on 32's the other week with working blinds, but not sure why they can't get the blinds working.

Am I right in thinking that buses without working destination blinds of any description, shouldn't be on the road?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Pat

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on March 03, 2020, 04:44:33 PM
Am I right in thinking that buses without working destination blinds of any description, shouldn't be on the road?
I'm not 100% sure on that one, however, the bus services act 2017 states that operators must display the route designator.  It states: This might be provided in the form of a route number, name or other designator, and operators would be free to determine how the information should be framed
The operator must also provide the direction in which the bus is travelling:1.6   It is intended that this power will be used to require the provision of information identifying the direction in which a vehicle is travelling on its specified route, and it should be provided in conjunction with information identifying the route itself. It is noted that directions may be indicated in a number of ways, such as the final stopping destination, or a compass point or direction around a circular path. This will be reflected in the Regulations in order to provide operators with flexibility as to the precise description used.

TEX aren't fully complying here as they aren't showing the direction of travel.  They do show a designator, granted it is only a piece of paper in the windscreen, but they are complying in this case as they are free to display it in any way they want to.

justlookingaround

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on March 03, 2020, 04:44:33 PM
Probably don't have the software for that type, but still left them in it instead of swapping out of an old Dart.

Pat

Quote from: justlookingaround on March 03, 2020, 05:35:07 PM
Probably don't have the software for that type, but still left them in it instead of swapping out of an old Dart.
They must have the software for programming the blinds as all their vehicles (bar the streetlite and Y184KNB which have mobitec blinds) have programmed Hanover blinds.

justlookingaround

LJ56LDC has Centrad units...they just need to get a hold of them for the software.

Although it seems they no longer manufacture the displays they should still be able to supply the program, which you can't find on the internet unlike the other two brands.

Pat

Quote from: justlookingaround on March 03, 2020, 08:30:39 PM
LJ56LDC has Centrad units...they just need to get a hold of them for the software.

Although it seems they no longer manufacture the displays they should still be able to supply the program, which you can't find on the internet unlike the other two brands.
I bet it'll be running round Wolves with no blinds for many years to come in that case.  Anyway, I don't think those E200's can be converted to euro 6 to meet the emissions regulations coming into force, so maybe that bus will be no more on the streets of Wolves?

Tony

Quote from: NXWMFAN1105 on March 03, 2020, 09:08:40 PM
.  Anyway, I don't think those E200's can be converted to euro 6 to meet the emissions regulations coming into force, so maybe that bus will be no more on the streets of Wolves?

Why do you think that?

Pat

Quote from: Tony on March 03, 2020, 09:18:01 PM
Why do you think that?
Because some of them are are the earliest model of E200.  Anyway, a driver told me that he didn't think they could be converted.

Tony

Quote from: NXWMFAN1105 on March 03, 2020, 09:52:34 PM
Because some of them are are the earliest model of E200.  Anyway, a driver told me that he didn't think they could be converted.

Even the earliest E200 is Euro 4, NXWM are doin the 11 year old ex I go pair along with much older Euro 3 tridents

Pat

Quote from: Tony on March 03, 2020, 10:18:04 PM
Even the earliest E200 is Euro 4, NXWM are doin the 11 year old ex I go pair along with much older Euro 3 tridents
Ahh right, forgot about the tridents.

Stuharris 6360

Would have thought Mr Chumber would want to ensure that everything with his buses is 100%, after all at the last PI they said "This was really the company's last chance to get things right. He doubted that the O-Licence could survive another Public Inquiry (PI)."
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

justlookingaround

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on March 04, 2020, 09:49:48 AM
Would have thought Mr Chumber would want to ensure that everything with his buses is 100%, after all at the last PI they said "This was really the company's last chance to get things right. He doubted that the O-Licence could survive another Public Inquiry (PI)."
Plus he has to employ a new transport manager and mechanic by a certain point or the TC won't be happy.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk