News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Travel Express / Lets Go

Started by Badger, June 07, 2012, 04:17:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BusMan Greg

Quote from: NXWMFAN1105 on April 26, 2019, 07:07:04 PM
Y131 GBO
Considering it's a Y reg you shouldn't expect a perfectly smooth bus. Also what has happened to the two TGH darts they have?

Pat

Quote from: BusMan Greg on April 26, 2019, 07:49:44 PM
Considering it's a Y reg you shouldn't expect a perfectly smooth bus. Also what has happened to the two TGH darts they have?
Banga have some V reg and a Y reg solos and they run pretty smoothly. Don't know about the TGH darts unless they're on the 32 which I haven't seen any Travel Express buses on lately.

mranon

y131gbo was knocking badly few weeks ago, I heard it so wonder if they relplaced engine etc. it was alright once moving, it was just when the poor chap driving comes to a stop and its idling in gear. once he takes it out its fine. think the tickover might want tweaking.

Pat

Quote from: mranon on April 27, 2019, 07:06:27 AM
y131gbo was knocking badly few weeks ago, I heard it so wonder if they relplaced engine etc. it was alright once moving, it was just when the poor chap driving comes to a stop and its idling in gear. once he takes it out its fine. think the tickover might want tweaking.
It was the same last Saturday.

BusMan Greg

Do you think anymore buses will return (V210 ERG, W362 ABD & W143 ULR) I imagine these are DDA compliant

Pat

Quote from: BusMan Greg on April 27, 2019, 04:53:08 PM
Do you think anymore buses will return (V210 ERG, W362 ABD & W143 ULR) I imagine these are DDA compliant
They'd probably be out in service if they were DDA compliant.

mranon

I don't think they were dda or psvar compliant. think they have had to convert the recently reinstated darts to that status

Pat

Quote from: mranon on April 27, 2019, 07:40:06 PM
I don't think they were dda or psvar compliant. think they have had to convert the recently reinstated darts to that status
Why don't they just scrap the non compliant buses? They aren't doing much good sat in the depot unable to be used in service.

justlookingaround

Probably was cheaper to convert than buy new. Even though you can now get DDA compliant Darts on eBay for around £5,000 or less...

the trainbasher

Does anyone have a list of what they have in service and which is still owned but withdrawn from service?

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Solo1

Quote from: the trainbasher on April 27, 2019, 08:41:38 PM
Does anyone have a list of what they have in service and which is still owned but withdrawn from service?
http://wmbusphotos.com/TravelExpress/fleetlist.html

Pat

Quote from: Solo1 on April 27, 2019, 08:54:39 PM
http://wmbusphotos.com/TravelExpress/fleetlist.html
I presume that list is outdated as I wouldn't have thought they would still have the Carlyle darts sitting in the depot?

Westy

Quote from: justlookingaround on April 27, 2019, 08:36:45 PM
Probably was cheaper to convert than buy new. Even though you can now get DDA compliant Darts on eBay for around £5,000 or less...

You can get a bus on Ebay now?

Wonders will never cease!

the trainbasher

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Solo1

Quote from: NXWMFAN1105 on April 27, 2019, 09:17:39 PM
I presume that list is outdated as I wouldn't have thought they would still have the Carlyle darts sitting in the depot?
yes the caryle darts have long gone

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk