News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Travel Express / Lets Go

Started by Badger, June 07, 2012, 04:17:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: DiamondDart on January 27, 2016, 02:03:08 PM
Glad to hear they're coming back, that presumably explains why the fleet wasn't sold. I assume plan will be to target existing routes they seemed to do ok on.

That depends on whether they can find this TM they are advertising for.

TC has quite strict rules now about TM's actually being in charge of the company, not just paid nominal figures in the background, and they won't get an op license until one is appointed

Solo1

if travel express do com back are all the darts dda  & will he repaint all the buses into a fleet livery its not like he cant afford it

igogeneral

Quote from: Tony on January 27, 2016, 02:28:17 PM
That depends on whether they can find this TM they are advertising for.

TC has quite strict rules now about TM's actually being in charge of the company, not just paid nominal figures in the background, and they won't get an op license until one is appointed
Not seen the advert for a TM, where can I find it ?

mranon

I cant see the owner standing back and letting someone run his company. I would have though most of his buses were not fully dda. think they rushed into buying lowfloors. I personally think if they were to reappear as they were, it would be a bad thing, especially with these strategic partnerships etc trying to improve services.

countryliner

That is fantastic news that Travel Express might be coming back again. Hopefully they will manage to find a TM for the company so that they can start operating again. I will look forward to using there buses again in the Wolverhampton area. I am sure that they will be successful when the restart their bus services.

With the buses i think that many of them are probably already DDA compliant.

NK51 MKE - probably already DDA compliant
RX51 FNU - probably already DDA compliant
SK51 AYD - probably already DDA compliant
Y131 GBO - probably already DDA compliant
Y184 KNB - probably already DDA compliant
Y244 FJN - probably already DDA compliant
Y248 FJN - probably already DDA compliant
Y252 FJN - probably already DDA compliant
Y854 TGH - probably already DDA compliant
Y864 TGH - probably already DDA compliant
X292 ABU - not sure if it is DDA compliant
X312 KRX - not sure if it is DDA compliant
X703 UKS - not sure if it is DDA compliant
W143 ULR - not sure if it is DDA compliant
W362 ABD - not sure if it is DDA compliant
V210 ERG - not sure if it is DDA compliant
T580 JTD - not sure if it is DDA compliant

So i think that most of their buses are probably already DDA compliant and i am sure that the buses that might not be DDA compliant can be converted fairly easily.

MW

Quote from: countryliner on January 27, 2016, 06:26:42 PM
That is fantastic news that Travel Express might be coming back again. Hopefully they will manage to find a TM for the company so that they can start operating again. I will look forward to using there buses again in the Wolverhampton area. I am sure that they will be successful when the restart their bus services.

With the buses i think that many of them are probably already DDA compliant.

NK51 MKE - probably already DDA compliant
RX51 FNU - probably already DDA compliant
SK51 AYD - probably already DDA compliant
Y131 GBO - probably already DDA compliant
Y184 KNB - probably already DDA compliant
Y244 FJN - probably already DDA compliant
Y248 FJN - probably already DDA compliant
Y252 FJN - probably already DDA compliant
Y854 TGH - probably already DDA compliant
Y864 TGH - probably already DDA compliant
X292 ABU - not sure if it is DDA compliant
X312 KRX - not sure if it is DDA compliant
X703 UKS - not sure if it is DDA compliant
W143 ULR - not sure if it is DDA compliant
W362 ABD - not sure if it is DDA compliant
V210 ERG - not sure if it is DDA compliant
T580 JTD - not sure if it is DDA compliant

So i think that most of their buses are probably already DDA compliant and i am sure that the buses that might not be DDA compliant can be converted fairly easily.

But will they give change???

countryliner

@MW - No unfortunately Travel Express use an exact fare policy and do not give change on their services which is a real shame. However when i have used them in the past a few times the driver gave me change out of his own money which is something that National Express certainly would not do. So it shows that their bus drivers give really good customer service.

fleetline6477

Quote from: countryliner on January 27, 2016, 07:32:00 PM
@MW - No unfortunately Travel Express use an exact fare policy and do not give change on their services which is a real shame. However when i have used them in the past a few times the driver gave me change out of his own money which is something that National Express certainly would not do. So it shows that their bus drivers give really good customer service.

Sorry, I don't agree. If the company has an exact fair policy then that is the company's policy. For drivers to give change does not, in my opinion, represent good customer service it demonstrates drivers are willing to break company policy. What other company policies will they break. If as you experienced one driver gave change this actually puts all other drivers in a difficult position.   

countryliner

@fleetline6477 - Yes i realise that this is one of their policies but the driver is not doing anything wrong by giving change from his own money - he is just being more helpful - this is likely to increase the customer satisfaction.

Stu

Oh please don't start the endless arguments/discussion about change-giving and DDA compliance again, I hoped that had all been put to rest!  :-[
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

MW

Quote from: Stu on January 27, 2016, 08:00:59 PM
Oh please don't start the endless arguments/discussion about change-giving and DDA compliance again, I hoped that had all been put to rest!  :-[

Lmao I sparked it off. My original post was a joke but looks like they've begun debating.

countryliner

@Stu @MW - I was just replying to a question about the exact fare policy. With the DDA compliance i was just stating which vehicles are likely to be DDA compliant. I am not trying to start debates or arguments.

fleetline6477

Quote from: countryliner on January 27, 2016, 07:56:46 PM
@fleetline6477 - Yes i realise that this is one of their policies but the driver is not doing anything wrong by giving change from his own money - he is just being more helpful - this is likely to increase the customer satisfaction.

Then when a passenger gets on another TX bus with a driver not prepared to give change from his own money passengers will think they are being less helpful - this is likely to decrease customer satisfaction. Exact fair policy is company policy and company policy should always be followed by drivers.

If TX wanted to increase customer satisfaction they could try basics like drivers in uniform, buses in a fleet livery and not carrying former operators fleet names and route branding (ACL - Weston-Super-Mare) many years after acquiring the vehicles, keeping vehicles maintained to a safe standard....

Tony

Quote from: fleetline6477 on January 27, 2016, 08:07:57 PM
Then when a passenger gets on another TX bus with a driver not prepared to give change from his own money passengers will think they are being less helpful - this is likely to decrease customer satisfaction. Exact fair policy is company policy and company policy should always be followed by drivers.

If TX wanted to increase customer satisfaction they could try basics like drivers in uniform, buses in a fleet livery and not carrying former operators fleet names and route branding (ACL - Weston-Super-Mare) many years after acquiring the vehicles, keeping vehicles maintained to a safe standard....

And of course running to timetables which is one of the biggest things that gives passenger satisfaction

countryliner

@fleetline6477 @Tony - I know that some people have other opinions but i was always happy with the service whenever i used Travel Express in the past.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk