News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Travel Express / Lets Go

Started by Badger, June 07, 2012, 04:17:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

domino.99

Dutsey

Quote from: the trainbasher on August 19, 2015, 03:34:45 PM
It'll be sad if it's the end

Why is it sad if they are breaking the law? Surely it is good news for all passengers and road users?

James4368

will all they fleet of darts be sold to other operators?
Local Bus Routes
58 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
60 - Birmingham - Cranes Park
99 - Lea Village - Acocks Green
S16 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
X1 - Birmingham - Coventry
X2 - Birmingham - Solihull

mranon

who would want them!! i doubt whether their darts are fully dda and fit for use after end of year.

woody38

I liked them, if they have gone then Wolverhampton will be a sadder place, I used to love seeing there darts around the town they might have been old but I liked to see the different liveries, the ex London dial doors.  can'nt understand why people thing that NXWM are the only ones:who have a right to operate bus services. On the 32 & 33 they buses always seemed to carry more people than NX, on the 11 they had a loyal customer base there 11 even had its own stand at Wolverhampton Bus station.

Tony

Quote from: woody38 on August 20, 2015, 02:13:55 AM
can'nt understand why people thing that NXWM are the only ones:who have a right to operate bus services.

That's not the case at all, just think that only people who make an attempt to operate legal vehicles as close to the timetable as traffic allows, have the right to operate bus services

mranon

Considering travel express haven't run since end of service Tuesday gone, have they officially been ordered to cease of has Mr chumber thrown in the towel.

the trainbasher

Notice how the Traffic Commissioner seems to go all in like a bull in a China shop for the smaller companies as opposed to calm and linient for the likes of Diamond or NXWM

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

BK63 YWP

Quote from: the trainbasher on August 24, 2015, 12:07:28 PM
Notice how the Traffic Commissioner seems to go all in like a bull in a China shop for the smaller companies as opposed to calm and linient for the likes of Diamond or NXWM

Hansons are quite small and they been doing ok, modern vechicles run on time etc. Im sorry but the TC is right over Travel Express. I travelled the once on a 529E operated by them back in the day and i will never use them again. The driver drove like a mad man, cut up 2 529s to beat them to the stops and oh yeah drove over a red light?. National Express is not immune if they were doing something legal or wrong im sure the TC would be at their throats about it.

Judging by the article they have had chance after chance to get it right and have chosen no to act on it.

I do like the independent companies that operate here. They seem to be doing a better job than Travel Express. And the multi coloured fleet and no travel express livery didn't help them stand out.
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Isle of Stroma

Notice how the Traffic Commissioner seems to go all in like a bull in a China shop for the smaller companies

Remind me, how long have Travel Distress been 'operating'? Whereas they should have been kicked into touch from day one.

Hardly what I'd call 'Bull in a China shop', but it's an interesting analogy. A porcelain proprietor playing host to ten gross of beefburgers would STILL present a tidier & SAFER business than the one you tediously defend.

Stuharris 6360

Interesting that Travel Express have appealed against the TC decision, yet GRS didn't!!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Steveminor

That's because ram didn't really have the will to continue that showed a while ago

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Steveminor on August 25, 2015, 09:32:52 PM
That's because ram didn't really have the will to continue that showed a while ago

Yes, but isn't that just admitting guilt!!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

mranon

thought te had appealed over the tc decision before, but obviously it hasn't sunk in the owners head that he needed to get his motors and drivers behaviour upto scratch mega quickly. 2 particular drivers on the 11 upto their old tricks, then buses being checked in bus station by vosa and being sent back to garage with faults not good.

i think they rushed into these low floors too quick, buying other peoples tat, and seeing as te usually keep the drivers on the same bus, the amount of bus changes going on suggests they having lots of problems. te's older step entrance darts - cant remember seeing one towed in. the low floors seen several!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk