News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Travel Express / Lets Go

Started by Badger, June 07, 2012, 04:17:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric Shaw

I was in Wolverhampton today and Travel Express seemed to be running the 1, 11. 32 and 33 to schedule but I did not see any route 2's. Have they left this route already?

Ashley 60171

Quote from: Eric Shaw on February 19, 2015, 07:34:10 PM
I was in Wolverhampton today and Travel Express seemed to be running the 1, 11. 32 and 33 to schedule but I did not see any route 2's. Have they left this route already?

try the parking bays on Market Street and Tower Street

mranon

not seen any number 2's this week myself, and usual drivers on there are on either the no.1 or 11.

samgeorge965

Travelled on the number 2 today i had my reservations but i found that the driver was very nice and we chatted the whole way there and back the bus it self was not in the best of state but it was not in the worst. Talking to him i realised how much passion he had in the job and the owner as well according to him the owner is there from dawn to dusk making sure that the buses are fit to go out and if they are not fixing them. Things like this make me think of what a good company this would be if they put a bit more effort it.

Tony

Quote from: samgeorge965 on April 17, 2015, 05:06:16 PM
Travelled on the number 2 today i had my reservations but i found that the driver was very nice and we chatted the whole way there and back the bus it self was not in the best of state but it was not in the worst. Talking to him i realised how much passion he had in the job and the owner as well according to him the owner is there from dawn to dusk making sure that the buses are fit to go out and if they are not fixing them. Things like this make me think of what a good company this would be if they put a bit more effort it.

Ah, so a driver talking to passengers while the bus is in motion, good job DVSA weren't watching!

Trident 4194

Quote from: Tony on April 17, 2015, 06:43:35 PM
Ah, so a driver talking to passengers while the bus is in motion, good job DVSA weren't watching!

Your so critical!

Tony

Quote from: Trident 4194 on April 17, 2015, 08:21:44 PM
Your so critical!

Thing is DVSA could suspend the driver's license for something as simple as that, and if an accident occured the police would probably prosecute for driving without due care and attention.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Trident 4194 on April 17, 2015, 08:21:44 PM
Your so critical!

@Trident 4194 It is not about being critical, it is about the driver doing the job he is supposed to do.

Notices says that a driver should not be distracted whilst the bus is in motion and it is not a stupid rule, however over the last few days i have seen other companies drivers doing exactly the same and one of them was on an NE bus!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Steveminor

I think what sam is trying to highlight is that travel express aren't just messing about but are actually trying. Ok so they're not getting things right but from the sound of it its not for the want of trying

James

Surely only the Traffic Commissoner can suspend or revoke just the vocational part of a driving licence. A DVSA officer could only report the matter.

James

Wumpty

Quote from: Tony on April 17, 2015, 06:43:35 PM

Perhaps drivers that pick up other drivers outside Walsall Garage should read your post too Tony lol!
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Tony

Quote from: Wumpty on April 19, 2015, 07:28:42 PM
Perhaps drivers that pick up other drivers outside Walsall Garage should read your post too Tony lol!

And several have been in the office for that. Not very often you see one talking to the driver now, I know it does happen occasionally.

j_rp_wright

I see nothing wrong with chatting to customers!.. Better customer service!.. As long as eyes are on the road...

Busman Jamie

Not being funny but sometimes this forum comes accross as a 'lets slag n criticise other operators but praise up natex'..... WhY?

Ashley 60171

Y864TGH back in use on the 2

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk