News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Travel Express / Lets Go

Started by Badger, June 07, 2012, 04:17:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PM

Quote from: Winston on January 16, 2015, 11:09:53 PM
Quote from: mikestone on January 15, 2015, 03:58:44 PM
http://www.route-one.net/legal/travel-express-facing-licence-cuts/
'
Of 16 vehicles examined at the roadside or at fleet inspections since October 2013 none had been defect-free.
'

So.... Travel Express can't be bother to spend money painting their vehicles, neither can they be bothered to spend money maintaining them....  :o

Shame as in the last report, the TC said that they had decent standards... Pity things have declined-hopefully they're able to turn things around as I was always very impressed with them on the 63.

mranon

travel express had a good day today not. vosa were at wolverhampton station and it seems they sent every bus they checked back to base. if the recent enquiry outcome wasnt a kick up the rear enough, you would have thought the owners maintenance regime would have gone through the buses to ensure no more trouble.

NXWM Spectra

Quote from: mranon on January 19, 2015, 08:14:23 PM
travel express had a good day today not. vosa were at wolverhampton station and it seems they sent every bus they checked back to base. if the recent enquiry outcome wasnt a kick up the rear enough, you would have thought the owners maintenance regime would have gone through the buses to ensure no more trouble.

How many buses were checked? There were still quite a few out this afternoon. I couldn't see any gaps in service, but they probably weren't running to time like usual.

PM

Quote from: mranon on January 19, 2015, 08:14:23 PM

I'd only post info like this if you know precisely what happened. Whatever you think of an operator, it's wrong to guess/hint at things when they can't reply, especially if they are currently being investigated and could damage their repute based on supposition/personal observation as opposed to facts.

mranon

http://www.route-one.net/legal/travel-express-facing-licence-cuts/

after seeing this, i hope you can grasp my point. i feel for the drivers. i support independents, as they often fill gaps, and have a varied an interesting fleet. travel express could be a promising little firm, but after reading this, and then vosa being out today, the mind boggles. 6 were checked iirc.

Tony

PM

Quote from: Tony on January 21, 2015, 08:22:42 PM
The Evening Mail's take on the Travel Express story

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/wolverhampton-bus-company-fined-after-8487751#ICID=sharebar_facebook

Thanks for posting @Tony I wonder which 2 routes they're planning on withdrawing? I'm glad to hear they're relatively profitable though and hopefully they can turn things around. £6500 isn't an excessive fine and shouldn't cripple them. I'd just like to see them get a proper livery and sort out the quality of the operation so as they're more on a par with Banga etc.

NXWM Spectra

Would it be possible for them to withdraw the 33 and run it as a 32A or similar?

Tony

Quote from: NXWM Spectra on January 21, 2015, 08:37:00 PM
Would it be possible for them to withdraw the 33 and run it as a 32A or similar?

I would imagine they have been told which routes to withdraw, the ones VOSA caught them misbehaving on, and losing 5 vehicles will not give them much scope for introducing a replacement. Incidently just changing a number will not fool the DVSA

mranon

if this isnt a kick up the bum for them to sort themselves out nothing is. i reckon they will come off the 2, possibly 1 bus off each other route to make up the 5 o-licences lost. i feel sorry for some of their drivers.

Tony

Quote from: mranon on January 21, 2015, 10:29:06 PM
if this isnt a kick up the bum for them to sort themselves out nothing is. i reckon they will come off the 2, possibly 1 bus off each other route to make up the 5 o-licences lost. i feel sorry for some of their drivers.

As the article says they have got to come off two routes!

PM

Quote from: Tony on January 21, 2015, 10:31:11 PM
Quote from: mranon on January 21, 2015, 10:29:06 PM

As the article says they have got to come off two routes!

Think they've got a PVR one lower than current authorisation so may be just 4 buses loss of actual work but still significant.

Steveminor

They also cannot register any more routes until March so that stops them just registering a slight alternative to what they're doing presently

Tony

Quote from: Steveminor on January 22, 2015, 06:01:22 AM
They also cannot register any more routes until March so that stops them just registering a slight alternative to what they're doing presently

March 2016 Steve!
It is now confirmed it is the 1 and 2 that are the routes he has to cancel

mranon

im really suprised at the no.1 as the no.11 has the worse offending drivers for cutting up/dragging their feet delaying nxwm/arriva on that corridor along cannock road

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk