News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Travel Express / Lets Go

Started by Badger, June 07, 2012, 04:17:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steveminor

I vote for any.
As people know I do get defensive over the the smaller guys when they get a unfair ribbing on here, buy this time it is totally justified. Chambers has the resources to at least start painting one or two buses into something else even if it's just plain white. It seems he just doesn't want to.  I think "prepared to be corrected" every other operator that have existed in the wm have had at least one bus painted.

mranon

chumber cant even be bothered to remove previous owners names or adverts. there is no excuse really. some of his vehicles are tidy enough for even a cheap blow over. it must be more effective to have a livery rather than multi tins of paint for repairs. banga,select,choice,chase all had a livery quite quickly applied. just one colour and name would suffice.

an example when he bought those three acl orange darts, they were all in excellent condition. id have got the transfers off and put name on. maybe used orange as fleet colour then.

winston

Quote from: Steveminor on October 06, 2014, 06:54:44 AM
I vote for any.
As people know I do get defensive over the the smaller guys when they get a unfair ribbing on here, buy this time it is totally justified. Chambers has the resources to at least start painting one or two buses into something else even if it's just plain white. It seems he just doesn't want to.  I think "prepared to be corrected" every other operator that have existed in the wm have had at least one bus painted.

Steve, Travel Express is now the size where a coat of paint for each bus shouldn't break the bank, people would have a higher opinion of the business if they could be bothered to paint the fleet even if it was one colour as suggested, rather than running around with a multi-coloured fleet carrying their previous operators colours.

If they can't be bothered to spend money on a coat of paint, it makes you wonder what else they can't be bothered to spend on.....

iamwilljh92

Quote from: Winston on October 06, 2014, 09:46:49 AM
If they can't be bothered to spend money on a coat of paint, it makes you wonder what else they can't be bothered to spend on.....

Yeah for example road tax I seriously cannot believe they obviously without realising let one of there vehicles drive round with passengers for a whole month while unlicensed!!!

Wumpty

Quote from: mranon on October 06, 2014, 09:44:44 AM
chumber cant even be bothered to remove previous owners names or adverts. there is no excuse really. some of his vehicles are tidy enough for even a cheap blow over. it must be more effective to have a livery rather than multi tins of paint for repairs. banga,select,choice,chase all had a livery quite quickly applied. just one colour and name would suffice.

an example when he bought those three acl orange darts, they were all in excellent condition. id have got the transfers off and put name on. maybe used orange as fleet colour then.

Choice & Chase both managed at least a front and back paint with fleet names on sides - this way, passengers can see the right bus whether it's coming or they've missed it!
Clearly, Chunber isn't interested in his image, just buying low cost buses and operating a lost cost business with no further layout than is absolutely necessary.

On the flip side, in the bad old days of the 90s, even TWM were sending buses out in all liveries and even with untreated panels following repair just to operate a service.

In this day and age their is no reason why any operator should not have a livery if even one colour. I'm surprised the TC doesn't stipulate this.
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

fleetline6477

Quote from: Steveminor on October 06, 2014, 06:54:44 AM
I vote for any.

Hi-Ride doesn't, on ALX Dart in Stagecoach livery.

Steveminor

Knew someone would correct me :D

Tony

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

Quote from: Tony on October 06, 2014, 07:33:00 PM
Quote from: Steveminor on October 06, 2014, 06:41:17 PM
Knew someone would correct me :D

But he has route branded a bus!
http://wmbusphotos.com/Hi-Ride/hiride_h678ygo.html
And removed the Stagecoach fleetnames at least! And its hardly a fair comparison, as Hi-Ride is just a one man band, Travel Express have seemingly a sprawling fleet

the trainbasher

Public Inquiry (49707) to be held at The Public Inquiry Room, 38 George Road, Edgbaston, Birmingham, B15 1PL, on 01 December 2014 commencing at 10:30(Previous Publication:(2213)
)
PD0001936          SI
TRAVEL EXPRESS LTD
DIRECTOR(s): KISHAN SINGH CHUMBER.
30 COTON ROAD, PENN , WOLVERHAMPTON WV4 5AT

PSV - S17 - Consideration of disciplinary action under Section 17 (The Public Passenger Vehicles Act 1981)
PSV - Sch.3 - Consideration of Transport Managers Repute under Schedule 3 (The Public Passenger Vehicles Act 1981)
PSV - S26 - Consideration of disciplinary action under Section 26 (The Transport Act 1985)

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

mikestone

For some reason the previous PI is also mentioned on the previous page of today's N&P
;
Public Inquiry (49206) to be held at The Public Inquiry Room, 38 George Road, Edgbaston, Birmingham, B15 1PL, on 15 September 2014 commencing at 10:30(Previous Publication:(2213)
)
PD0001936 SI
TRAVEL EXPRESS LTD
DIRECTOR(s): KISHAN SINGH CHUMBER.
30 COTON ROAD, PENN , WOLVERHAMPTON WV4 5AT
PSV - S17 - Consideration of disciplinary action under Section 17 (The Public Passenger Vehicles Act 1981)
PSV - Sch.3 - Consideration of Transport Managers Repute under Schedule 3 (The Public Passenger Vehicles Act 1981)

Solo1

what happed at the PI that Travel Express went to a while back

mikestone

http://www.route-one.net/legal/travel-express-facing-licence-cuts/
'
Of 16 vehicles examined at the roadside or at fleet inspections since October 2013 none had been defect-free.
'

;
In the same edition there is a piece about a bloke who had his O-licence revoked has subsequently been operating a business arranging rail replacement buses but appears to have decamped to France without paying the drivers. Why Abelio, who have their own buses anyway feel a need to involve such people escapes me too.
;
Perhaps a good question might be why vosa, or whatever they call themselves now, doesn't take action more quickly or decisively?

winston

Quote from: mikestone on January 15, 2015, 03:58:44 PM
'
Of 16 vehicles examined at the roadside or at fleet inspections since October 2013 none had been defect-free.
'

So.... Travel Express can't be bother to spend money painting their vehicles, neither can they be bothered to spend money maintaining them....  :o

iamwilljh92

Quote from: Winston on January 16, 2015, 11:09:53 PM
Quote from: mikestone on January 15, 2015, 03:58:44 PM
'
'

So.... Travel Express can't be bother to spend money painting their vehicles, neither can they be bothered to spend money maintaining them....  :o

You missed something out @Winston.... They can't be bothered to tax them either!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk