News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Travel Express / Lets Go

Started by Badger, June 07, 2012, 04:17:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NXWM Spectra

Quote from: Will on September 18, 2014, 10:25:59 PM
Quote from: NXWM Spectra on September 18, 2014, 09:39:34 PM
The DVLA site says the date of liability for K565 NHC has passed. I would expect they're being slow updating the website but it's now 18th September.

QuoteDate of Liability   01 09 2014
Date of First Registration   24 09 1992
Year of Manufacture   1992
Cylinder Capacity (cc)   Not Available
CO₂ Emissions   Not Available
Fuel Type   HEAVY OIL
Export Marker   N
Vehicle Status   Licence Due to Expire
Vehicle Colour   ORANGE
Vehicle Type Approval   Not Available

Could well of been VOR'd and they haven't bothered SORN-ing it or possibly written off or extemely possibly (and most favourablely) Scrapped no idea..

Although mranon says there's still 2 ACL Darts in service and of the three, the other K-reg has been declared SORN and the J-reg has now been taxed until the start of next September.

mranon

the plaxton bodied one k118 srh hasnt been out for months

the 2 alexander bodied ones k565nhc and j517 gcd are both still on service 11 to underhill as they have been for years. in fact i travelled on k565nhc myself yesterday

mranon

Quote from: NXWM Spectra on September 18, 2014, 11:29:42 PM
Quote from: Will on September 18, 2014, 10:25:59 PM
Quote from: NXWM Spectra on September 18, 2014, 09:39:34 PM
The DVLA site says the date of liability for K565 NHC has passed. I would expect they're being slow updating the website but it's now 18th September.

QuoteDate of Liability   01 09 2014
Date of First Registration   24 09 1992
Year of Manufacture   1992
Cylinder Capacity (cc)   Not Available
CO₂ Emissions   Not Available
Fuel Type   HEAVY OIL
Export Marker   N
Vehicle Status   Licence Due to Expire
Vehicle Colour   ORANGE
Vehicle Type Approval   Not Available

Could well of been VOR'd and they haven't bothered SORN-ing it or possibly written off or extemely possibly (and most favourablely) Scrapped no idea..

Although mranon says there's still 2 ACL Darts in service and of the three, the other K-reg has been declared SORN and the J-reg has now been taxed until the start of next September.

j517gcd not been out for last 2/3 days k565nhc still out on 11, tax status as above. i went to get on it, but noticed the tax disc corresponded with the above so waited for nx11

mranon

k565nhc still out with out of date disc in windows

iamwilljh92

Quote from: mranon on September 24, 2014, 08:35:52 PM

Well then Travel Express need to be reported to VOSA & DVLA....

Tony

Quote from: Will on September 24, 2014, 08:45:50 PM

DVLA now quoting K565 NHC as taxed until 1/10/15, so it does appear to have run for the whole of September without having any Road Fund license.

iamwilljh92

Quote from: Tony on October 04, 2014, 07:29:49 PM
Quote from: Will on September 24, 2014, 08:45:50 PM

DVLA now quoting K565 NHC as taxed until 1/10/15, so it does appear to have run for the whole of September without having any Road Fund license.

:O :O

mranon

it still had tax disc in window thursday!!!!!!! dvla show the other one j517gcd as taxed for a year til 1/09/15. however there has only been k565nhc out. wonder if they taxed the wrong one in error? even so with their recent low floor purchases im suprised these 2 are still out and about.

however i bet these older ones are more reliable than the low floors. until this year id not seen many travel express buses being attended to let alone towed in

Steveminor

The slf darts are more problematic than the step entry darts in general. It's mainly down to the electrics the aladdin as it's called. Stafford bus centre have rebuilt 2 slf darts retro fitting them with the electrics & mechanics of 2 step entry darts he was scrapping. Martin assures me he does not intend to ever sell them as he has 2 reliable slf darts.

the trainbasher

I know one of the darts had broken down about 2ish Thursday. Not sure which one or where though but that's what I've heard!

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

mranon

y864 tgh was on no.1 sat at bird in hand tettenhall wood with rear bonnet up thursday afternoon hazards on - im guessing broken down that was around 3 i saw it

mranon

i know the step entrance ones had springs instead of airbags, and had less overheating probs as their fans were viscous driven by belts instead of the hydraulic setup. i know also low floor darts suffer with compressor problems too.

winston

Quote from: Steveminor on October 04, 2014, 09:32:26 PM
The slf darts are more problematic than the step entry darts in general. It's mainly down to the electrics the aladdin as it's called. Stafford bus centre have rebuilt 2 slf darts retro fitting them with the electrics & mechanics of 2 step entry darts he was scrapping. Martin assures me he does not intend to ever sell them as he has 2 reliable slf darts.

Are Travel Express ever likely to introduce a livery for the fleet?

iamwilljh92

Good question!

Solo1

Quote from: Will on October 05, 2014, 01:04:08 PM
at least new operator social travel has a livery

Good question!
what livery would u like to see them in can we start  a poll going

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk