News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Tamworth

Started by GeminiFan1991, May 21, 2015, 12:23:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GeminiFan1991

I thought I'll start off a discussion here so let me ask, why doesn't NX serve Tamworth ?!

This first came to my attention last year when me and some friends went to Drayton Manor but found out we had to catch an Arriva bus to get there (Slightly annoyed as we had passes) but why isn't their a bus that goes there ?! Is it because Arriva have the 110 that goes there or no real demand ?!
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

Bob

Ever seen a rammed 110? Ive been on dozens over the years at various times of day and not one has required a decker.

John

Don't you think that if the 110 loadings didn't require a Decker, then Arriva would have upgraded it with large single deckers?

I've seen plenty of 110s that do require a decker, especially at peak times

GeminiFan1991

That journey on the 110 (To and from) which was on deckers was full, especially the return journey.

Dutsey

Arriva used to run the X76 which ran past Drayton Manor Park to Birmingham and then down the A38. I am surprised that they do not do this more often esp in the summer.

The Real 4778

Stiff competition for journeys on this corridor from CrossCountry (another Arriva carrier). 

Three trains per hour and under half the journey time.  Well worth the premium.
Don't you start.

Bob

Quote from: John on May 21, 2015, 07:48:21 AM
Don't you think that if the 110 loadings didn't require a Decker, then Arriva would have upgraded it with large single deckers?

I've seen plenty of 110s that do require a decker, especially at peak times

Citaros are often used on the 110 as are Scanias and ive been on them many times and never even seen one full! Maybe loadings worthy of a decker occasionally at peak times then but at most other times not

Kevin

I've been on many that are worthy of deckers, at various times of the day nit just peak hours
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Bob

Ive never been on one thats required one lol

John

I drive along the 110 route from Brum to Sutton 5 days a week and see plenty of loads that require a decker

GeminiFan1991

From what I can add to this from my 1 day on the 110, the decker (Wright Eclipse Gemini) was packed both ways.

Seeing as they're is demand for Tamworth, why don't NX operate a route there

Kevin

Quote from: BusFan on May 23, 2015, 05:52:09 PM
Seeing as they're is demand for Tamworth, why don't NX operate a route there

Because it isn't in the West Midlands. Simple really.

Alex

Quote from: Kevin on May 23, 2015, 06:22:12 PM
Because it isn't in the West Midlands. Simple really.

By that logic, the WN4's that extend to Codsall, the WN5/5A, the 54/154 and the X51's that extend to Cannock shouldn't exist

So it's not that
Hypocrites are like flares... a right pain if one goes near you, and really annoying to get rid of...

My YouTube channel: Alex Jones

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXjxo69BfENu3fiWuzCNYyg

Trident 4609

Quote from: Alex on May 23, 2015, 06:42:28 PM
By that logic, the WN4's that extend to Codsall, the WN5/5A, the 54/154 and the X51's that extend to Cannock shouldn't exist

So it's not that

The 54/154 are run by NX as they won the contract. So you cannot use that as an example, mate.

NX would never run to Stafford or Cannock (full time). There is too much hastle with ticket boundries and fare structures.

Kevin

Quote from: Alex on May 23, 2015, 06:42:28 PM

So it's not that

Codsall, whilst in Staffs, is a bolt on to the Centro supported area, as with Wombourne, Kinver, Little Aston... And The routes to / through those areas have I believe been old Corporation routes since time immemoriam, and have just become NX routes by progression. Leamington and Bedworth whilst not supported areas the routes are equally historic routes that have always been.
Birmingham to Tamworth was traditionally a Midland Red route (through to Nottingham I believe?) and as with other such routes like Bromsgrove, Redditch, Cannock, etc has passed on in this case to Arriva
X51 is a curious one I can't explain, the old 951/2/3 used to run all day through to Cannock, think they were a hangover from old Walsall Corporation routes

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk