News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Diamond South East (formerly Hallmark Connections / Hotel Hoppa)

Started by winston, August 04, 2018, 02:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

Rotala have on order 3 x Custom Denning 10.2m single decker electric buses from Australia, they have been ordered for the Bedfont Lakes contract & will be allocated to Stanwell Depot. They should be 24 seaters & will be numbered 39001-3 (due Feb 2024 onwards)

hlliwmai

Quote from: winston on June 05, 2023, 01:29:38 PMRotala have on order 3 x Custom Denning 10.2m single decker electric buses from Australia, they have been ordered for the Bedfont Lakes contract & will be allocated to Stanwell Depot. They should be 24 seaters & will be numbered 39001-3 (due Feb 2024 onwards)

is that Simon's brother' business as I know he has a business making buses 

winston

DJ

Quote from: winston on June 05, 2023, 01:29:38 PMRotala have on order 3 x Custom Denning 10.2m single decker electric buses from Australia, they have been ordered for the Bedfont Lakes contract & will be allocated to Stanwell Depot. They should be 24 seaters & will be numbered 39001-3 (due Feb 2024 onwards)
Interesting development, ableit one I predicted a few years ago when the model was unveiled, and did a quick mock up of!

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

ellspurs

The Hotel Hoppa. Had the pleasure of them this weekend. 

Yesterday - H5A showed up on time, bus a bit worse for wear, got me to where I needed to get to. 

Today - H5A didn't show up at the hotel I was waiting for it from. Tracking initially showed no buses on route, then it picked up one travelling away from the hotel I was waiting for it at 5 minutes after its due time. Two ladies had been waiting even longer for it. Two H2As went past but needed to get to Terminal 5, not 2. Guessing the lack of bus turning up was a known issue as the car park attendant at the hotel phoned up a taxi and got the taxi driver to drop us off a T5 only paying the cost of bus plus the £5 Heathrow drop off fee. 

If I had wait for one to maybe turn up, then I probably would have missed the coach back up. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk