News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Chase line prices

Started by Bob, March 01, 2015, 10:20:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Can anyone tell me how much a cannock to brum return is on the train please before 930?

Stu

£5.50 return (on selected trains). Or £8.90 Anytime Return same day:
http://www.londonmidland.com/your-journey/
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Bob

Crikey 8.90...more than double the Daysaver price on the X51! I wish they ran one later X51,  6.55am or whatever it is is a bit too early and thats the last one!

Stu

Quote from: Bob on March 02, 2015, 08:03:49 AM
Crikey 8.90...more than double the Daysaver price on the X51! I wish they ran one later X51,  6.55am or whatever it is is a bit too early and thats the last one!

As I said, it depends on the time you're returning, you might get a return for £5.50.
My locals:

Tony

Quote from: Stu on March 02, 2015, 06:57:58 PM

As I said, it depends on the time you're returning, you might get a return for £5.50.

Not if you are leaving before 09:30 like Bob will be for work as obvious by his post saying 06:55 is a bit too early

Stu

Quote from: Tony on March 02, 2015, 06:59:29 PM
Quote from: Stu on March 02, 2015, 06:57:58 PM

Not if you are leaving before 09:30 like Bob will be for work as obvious by his post saying 06:55 is a bit too early

I see now, my mistake, even though I select to arrive 'before 9:30am' it still shows £5.50 returns available, but then when I click on that...  :-[
My locals:

Bob

Paid 8.90 to get a hopelessly inadequate two carriage train and stood up for half the journey on the way back. If a bussservice was well marketed,  used quality comfortable vehicles and didnt travel a ludicrous route ( ie not the M6 like arriva daftly did) couldnt there be a market for it?  If it had a decent frequency?  Id say one of the reasons the X31 failed was its horrendous reliability,  only needed an incident on the motorway and you could potentially wait two hours for a bus.  Anythings better than standing like cattle on a platform and a free for all when the train comes!  Id hate to have to do it daily

Tony

Quote from: Bob on March 02, 2015, 07:21:23 PM
Paid 8.90 to get a hopelessly inadequate two carriage train and stood up for half the journey on the way back. If a bussservice was well marketed,  used quality comfortable vehicles and didnt travel a ludicrous route ( ie not the M6 like arriva daftly did) couldnt there be a market for it?  If it had a decent frequency?  Id say one of the reasons the X31 failed was its horrendous reliability,  only needed an incident on the motorway and you could potentially wait two hours for a bus.  Anythings better than standing like cattle on a platform and a free for all when the train comes!  Id hate to have to do it daily

I presume you caught the 16:42? I am expert where the doors stop on the platform with that one to make sure I get a seat.

Bob

Yep 16.42. Really dreadful.  I dont know why its so bloody popular. They seriously need to increase capacity or give it up and have an operator who can/will.  Itd be like bx sticking e200s on the x51 every day at busy times!

andy

Quote from: Bob on March 02, 2015, 09:43:40 PM
Yep 16.42. Really dreadful.  I dont know why its so bloody popular. They seriously need to increase capacity or give it up and have an operator who can/will.  Itd be like bx sticking e200s on the x51 every day at busy times!

Bob you really need to read up on this before you keep recycling your comments. LM have virtually no say whatsoever in how many carriages to allocate to this service. They are only able to obtain more stock if the DfT let them, otherwise they have to steal off other, also overcrowded corridors. Lobby your MP. Although if you do he will just point at the eventual electrification and do nothing, that's if you can get a response so close to an election.

Kevin

Still possible to come from cannock later by bus.
07:10 1 to Walsall, change for X51, in Brum 08:36
Or 07:30 to Walsall, in Brum 08:51 if you make the connection
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

andy

Quote from: Kevin on March 03, 2015, 07:14:40 AM
Still possible to come from cannock later by bus.
07:10 1 to Walsall, change for X51, in Brum 08:36
Or 07:30 to Walsall, in Brum 08:51 if you make the connection

He won't be happy with that as it involves buying a ticket from Arriva and then a Daysaver on NX.

Bob

My point was maybe if there was a reliable alternative bus service people might use it. Do you think people get on horrid overcrowded trains by choice?

And yes I wouldnt want to buy two daysavers just because I live about three miles from the bloody boundary! Its crazy! How come nwm tickets are allowed in codsall and other places in staffs but not cannock?  Ludicrous

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk