News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Minsterley Motors

Started by Reece, February 11, 2015, 08:43:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

countryliner

@Ashley 60171 - Thanks for the info. I presume that the other ones will be in service soon. Also do you know what routes and services that these five Optare Metrocity buses are normally allocated to. Thank you.

Ashley 60171

Quote from: countryliner on January 05, 2016, 11:56:13 PM
@Ashley 60171 - Thanks for the info. I presume that the other ones will be in service soon. Also do you know what routes and services that these five Optare Metrocity buses are normally allocated to. Thank you.

I dont know if the other two have arrived but your best bet is the 552 Shrewsbury - Minsterley - Bishops Castle.

countryliner

@Ashley 60171 - Ok. Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.

countryliner

Does anyone on this forum know if all five of the 11.5m Optare Metrocity buses are in service yet (i believe that YJ65 EVT / YJ65 EVW / YJ65 EVX are in service but i am not sure if YJ65 EVU / YJ65 EVV are in service yet). Thank you.

Reece

Quote from: countryliner on January 13, 2016, 03:56:56 AM
Does anyone on this forum know if all five of the 11.5m Optare Metrocity buses are in service yet (i believe that YJ65 EVT / YJ65 EVW / YJ65 EVX are in service but i am not sure if YJ65 EVU / YJ65 EVV are in service yet). Thank you.
@countryliner
Minsterley Motors Optare MetroCitys Update

YJ65EVT > 552/553
YJ65EVU > 552/553
YJ65EVV > 435
YJ65EVW > In for Repair
YJ65EVX > 435

countryliner

@Reece - Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.

saiwah007

Hi I saw all 5 out on service on 13/1/16

YJ65EVV
YJ65EVX

552/553
YJ65EVT
YJ65EVU
YJ65EVW

countryliner

@saiwah007 - Thanks for the info. Much appreciated. I will try to take a ride on all five of these buses soon.

Pat

Minsterley Motors have an ADL liveried E200MMC and was working the 552 on Monday.

richardjones210368

Quote from: NXWMFAN1105 on August 01, 2019, 08:33:53 PM
Minsterley Motors have an ADL liveried E200MMC and was working the 552 on Monday.
Known locally to my cousin who lives locally and uses them as Misery Motors he perceives them to be terrible operator and not a patch on the excellent service provided by Saregent Brothers. I know when I was at Midland Red West we ran the 435 and the Knighton 7s but they mainly ran about carrying fresh air and little else with terrible funding from.Shropshire County Council, Herefordshire CC was far better at procurement i remember when at MRW we treated Misery Motors like Ludlows of Halesowen as a joke operator to just laugh at. I seem to remember my cousin saying they had a bad crash with a lorry on the A49 a few years ago and he never feels safe on their buses.

Pat

Quote from: richardjones210368 on December 14, 2019, 09:03:45 AM
Known locally to my cousin who lives locally and uses them as Misery Motors he perceives them to be terrible operator and not a patch on the excellent service provided by Saregent Brothers. I know when I was at Midland Red West we ran the 435 and the Knighton 7s but they mainly ran about carrying fresh air and little else with terrible funding from.Shropshire County Council, Herefordshire CC was far better at procurement i remember when at MRW we treated Misery Motors like Ludlows of Halesowen as a joke operator to just laugh at. I seem to remember my cousin saying they had a bad crash with a lorry on the A49 a few years ago and he never feels safe on their buses.
I'm afraid i'd have to disagree with you there.  Whenever I've used them, their service has been brilliant.  The driver's are friendly and the buses are clean, in good condition and seem to be well maintained.  They are usually running with a healthy load too.

richardjones210368

Quote from: NXWMFAN1105 on December 14, 2019, 09:58:33 AM
I'm afraid i'd have to disagree with you there.  Whenever I've used them, their service has been brilliant.  The driver's are friendly and the buses are clean, in good condition and seem to be well maintained.  They are usually running with a healthy load too.
MRW cut the routes as no one was using them perhaps times change my cousin uses the old 773 daily whatever it is now and cannot stand Misery Motors as he calls them and never feels safe on them he finds the drivers downright misery's and blames me for MRW cutting the routes. Unlike Saregent Brothers I never use them so cannot comment on your thoughts.

Stu

Enough please!

This thread is for discussion of the Shrewsbury-based operator Minsterley Motors, and I fail to see why comments about Ludlows (a long defunct operator) are being posted here.

I will once again remind ALL members of the Forum Rules - in particular to keep threads on-topic and to keep discussions civil and polite.

There will be no further soft warnings - posts that do not follow the Forum Rules will be removed, and persistent offenders will be suspended from the forum.

Thank you all.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Wumpty

At a glance, the service network makes good business sense - they're obviously filling a gap left by the larger competitors and they seem to provide a very friendly and customer-focused service. I've seen many of their services loading out of Shrewsbury and all have healthy loadings (admittedly only seen weekend services). They've managed to gather and maintain a modern fleet that is clearly fit for purpose and their overall image is something that may small-scale operators could learn from.

They don't appear to have expanded too rapidly like many who've gone before them and this, again, makes good business sense - any expansion should be gradual and compliment their current image and business plan.
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

richardjones210368

Quote from: Wumpty on December 20, 2019, 10:23:11 AM
At a glance, the service network makes good business sense - they're obviously filling a gap left by the larger competitors and they seem to provide a very friendly and customer-focused service. I've seen many of their services loading out of Shrewsbury and all have healthy loadings (admittedly only seen weekend services). They've managed to gather and maintain a modern fleet that is clearly fit for purpose and their overall image is something that may small-scale operators could learn from.

They don't appear to have expanded too rapidly like many who've gone before them and this, again, makes good business sense - any expansion should be gradual and compliment their current image and business plan.
I wish all passengers and staff at Minsterley Motors A Very Happy Christmas & A Prosperous New Year 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk