News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Local railways

Started by arrifirststage, November 20, 2014, 06:30:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arrifirststage

My interests are currently solely bus based,but I read the railway comments also.
Can anyone suggest a book,website or anything which would enable a complete novice to gain an insight into the world of Midlands railways and their operations?
Thank you.

windy miller

Quote from: arrifirststage on November 20, 2014, 06:30:03 PM
My interests are currently solely bus based,but I read the railway comments also.
Can anyone suggest a book,website or anything which would enable a complete novice to gain an insight into the world of Midlands railways and their operations?
Thank you.

Arrif..There is a very good website with the title  WNXX which will give you a comprehensive insight into everyday rail operations, unfortunately much of the info is available behind a pay wall £10 P.a or alternatively, £6 per 6 months,  There are numerous publication options available at the ian allan bookshop in Birmingham which is a short walk from the main entrance to Bham New st stn.  There is another site with the title 'Abrail' which is a comprehensive list of ALL Rail locomotives, coaches, (stock) and their last known depot locations inc all preserved stock in mainland uk.  hope this helps.     
Mind the Gap.....?:-)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk