News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Withdrawn Merc's

Started by Adam 404, October 30, 2014, 04:28:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: t.w.moore on November 26, 2015, 07:14:45 PM
I must come back to 1571 being at West Brom. a colleague travelled to West Brom to photograph the bus earlier this week and was told it was not in service that day. But it was there and working from the bus station on previous days he was informed. Anyone with more information pre my hopeful visit sometime next week to take photograps.

you've been told rubbish

1571 has been on the 297 every day this week

t.w.moore

Thanks Tony I shall be in West Brom with camera next week.

Tony

Quote from: t.w.moore on November 28, 2015, 09:48:45 AM
Thanks Tony I shall be in West Brom with camera next week.

Won't see the ex Cov ones there

t.w.moore

Tony Just returned from North Wales since Tuesday to read your reply, re my intention to visit West Brom. to photograph 1571 . Can you  or someone, tell me where it is.

S570

@t.w.moore It's at Pensnett. From what I understand, the ex CV Mercs have been allocated to the 205/297, so maybe try Russells Hall.

Trident 4609

Quote from: t.w.moore on December 04, 2015, 07:29:42 PM
Tony Just returned from North Wales since Tuesday to read your reply, re my intention to visit West Brom. to photograph 1571 . Can you  or someone, tell me where it is.

Pensnett Garage. Usually found on the 205 (Dudley-Kingswinford Via Russells Hall Hospital) or 297 (Gornal Wood-Merry Hill via Russells Hall Hospital). They seem to be on the 297 mostly though.

t.w.moore

Thank you all, I will follow your leads next week, great help.

t.w.moore

Sucess at Russell's Hall Hospital, photographed both the ex Coventry 0405N's, 1571 and 1591, working the  297 service to Gornel Wood, rode on 1571, despite the persistant rain. I had to smile when I photographed 1571 when it turned into Gornel bus station, the driver was covering his face, and then I got the proverbial upright finger to show his annoyance because I was photographing the bus, no hinderance to him, from behind the pavement railings. Then I walked over to the bus, and one irate passenger who got off the bus was raising his voice to the those who were boarding.  "I had to wait one hour an fifteen minutes for this bus." He then see me approaching the bus with my camera and he said. "Have you photographed this bus" And then repeated in a loud voice. "I had to wait one hour and fifteen minutes for this bus. I reckon he had given the driver some stick about how late the bus had been, the driver was no happy bunny I can tell you when I used my pass to board. Their had been a delay and I had waited over an hour for the bus to return from the hospital.., yes it was a good day. Then returning from Dudley to B'ham the 74 service Enviro broke down... 

Tony

Quote from: t.w.moore on December 11, 2015, 07:42:44 PM
Sucess at Russell's Hall Hospital, photographed both the ex Coventry 0405N's, 1571 and 1591, working the  297 service to Gornel Wood, rode on 1571, despite the persistant rain. I had to smile when I photographed 1571 when it turned into Gornel bus station, the driver was covering his face, and then I got the proverbial upright finger to show his annoyance because I was photographing the bus, no hinderance to him, from behind the pavement railings. Then I walked over to the bus, and one irate passenger who got off the bus was raising his voice to the those who were boarding.  "I had to wait one hour an fifteen minutes for this bus." He then see me approaching the bus with my camera and he said. "Have you photographed this bus" And then repeated in a loud voice. "I had to wait one hour and fifteen minutes for this bus. I reckon he had given the driver some stick about how late the bus had been, the driver was no happy bunny I can tell you when I used my pass to board. Their had been a delay and I had waited over an hour for the bus to return from the hospital.., yes it was a good day. Then returning from Dudley to B'ham the 74 service Enviro broke down...

There were no 75 minutes gaps in the service today!

t.w.moore

Tony, I and a number of other people waited over an hour for the bus to arrive at Gornel, but I am not complaining.

Tony

Quote from: t.w.moore on December 12, 2015, 11:02:01 AM
Tony, I and a number of other people waited over an hour for the bus to arrive at Gornel, but I am not complaining.

What time was that?

t.w.moore

The time on my picture shows the clock on the  Zoar Methodist Chapel is 2.25pm as the bus turns into the bus station. The clock is working correctly.

The editor of Classic bus, Philip Lamb is preparing a piece on the withdrawn Mercs for the next edition
he asked me if the Coventry Mercs 1571/1591 were the last operational Mercs. I note two 1585 and 1603
in the fleet list at West Brom.  Are they operational? He would like me to tell him as soon as poss.
Could you tell me?

Trident 4609

Quote from: t.w.moore on December 12, 2015, 11:24:43 AM
The time on my picture shows the clock on the  Zoar Methodist Chapel is 2.25pm as the bus turns into the bus station. The clock is working correctly.

The editor of Classic bus, Philip Lamb is preparing a piece on the withdrawn Mercs for the next edition
he asked me if the Coventry Mercs 1571/1591 were the last operational Mercs. I note two 1585 and 1603
in the fleet list at West Brom.  Are they operational? He would like me to tell him as soon as poss.
Could you tell me?

1585, 1607, 1695 and 1699 are all still in operation at West Bromwich Garage.

Tony

Quote from: t.w.moore on December 12, 2015, 11:24:43 AM

1571 on it's previous trip left at 13:24, 61 minutes previously, so several people had not been waiting 'over an hour'

t.w.moore

Thanks Nathan I will pass that information on.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk