News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Passengers - Bus Reviews & Opinions

Started by Liberator9, October 10, 2014, 10:25:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: Trident 4194 on January 24, 2020, 09:23:54 PM
732- on the 19 last night. These are so much better than the other stumpys. Got great power and vibrate a lot less than the other stumpys however they are still incredibly rattly. If only nx had more of them.

4435- on the 9 tonight. Incredibly fast and warm trident. All that you need from a bus. It's smart card reader wasn't working mind, which sped boarding up, and saved my bus pass its trouble of being rejected before eventually being accepted. 9/10

Can I ask why you don't have an nBus pass and buy Diamond passes when youbtravelmon so many NX buses

Trident 4194

Quote from: Tony on January 24, 2020, 09:31:30 PM
Can I ask why you don't have an nBus pass and buy Diamond passes when youbtravelmon so many NX buses

I have an NBus Tony, £435 for a year, however family of mine only have the diamond passes. I have to travel on at least 4 NX buses everyday

richardjones210368

Quote from: Trident 4194 on January 24, 2020, 09:23:54 PM
732- on the 19 last night. These are so much better than the other stumpys. Got great power and vibrate a lot less than the other stumpys however they are still incredibly rattly. If only nx had more of them.

4435- on the 9 tonight. Incredibly fast and warm trident. All that you need from a bus. It's smart card reader wasn't working mind, which sped boarding up, and saved my bus pass its trouble of being rejected before eventually being accepted. 9/10
Pretty sure I used to get her on the 140 in the morning very nippy and like sitting in a toaster so much so if it's the one I think it is was so warm and comfortable  on it I fell fast asleep on the top deck went into Brum on it came out of Brum on it fast asleep went to Dudley and was finally woken by the driver in Halesowen nearly two hours later who was doing his walk check upstairs very oddly the same has never happened on its replacement! strangely I too buy TfWM Nbus products like @Trident 4194  too @Tony and not WMT Travelcards and but also have an annual Diamond Bus Newtwork Pass that's takes me beyond the boundaries to a galaxy's far beyond TfWM & on that bombshell..................

Stu

So I had my first ride on one of the new electric buses on the 6 this evening (E001).

I was quite impressed to be honest. The interior layout was a bit 'unfamiliar' at first, but once seated and the bus started moving, you could really feel the difference. Well, there wasn't much to feel, as it was a very smooth ride, with none of the usual engine vibrations, most noticeable on those vehicles that 'stop-start'.

And none of the usual engine 'noise', just the sound of the rear fans really.

Once we got through the usual traffic congestion through Sparkhill, it was surprising to observe just how 'nippy' these vehicles are too, seemingly able to pick up speed relatively quickly.

Certainly not 'slow' or sluggish vehicles, as someone on my FB page suggested they would be.  ;D

From a passenger perspective, they get a big thumbs up from me!
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

windy miller

It was noted that the E buses have a reasonable range 100m+ on a full charge? eg from heathrow to Central garage...with plenty to spare? If I load my car with 4 passengers and a full load of luggage my MPG will deteriorate rapidly  What are the chances of running
an E bus with a full load of passengers? or are they tested with added weight?

Mind the Gap.....?:-)

Wumpty

Back on 12 January, I bought a new car and decided to catch the bus to collect it rather than remortgage my house for an Uber. I work extensively with bus operators, though rarely as a passenger so the perfect opportunity to do a review.

Firstly, caught WN2076 on a 9 from Wednesfield to Bloxwich at 18.23hrs - on time and a very pleasant female driver who arrived on time and allowed a couple of elderly passengers sit down before pulling away. Paid by contactless and sat in the single seat opposite the driver. Not a great deal of leg room but a fantastic view of the road ahead and the cab. Very smooth and courteous driver, bus very clean and amazingly still on time when I got off at Bloxwich with the traffic.

Next bus was WA6758 on X51 from Bloxwich to Birmingham. Again, very polite and courteous driver - very smooth drive even with the frequent stops and the occasional miscreant boy racer cutting up the bus! Very surprised (from a build aspect, rather than driver!) how very few rattle and how good the condition of both buses were considering their age.

And as for the value, having paid contactless on each bus, very well worth the £2 fare on each bus. Took me right back to my younger days catching the 560 and 951!

Nice work NX!
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

karl724223

Quote from: Wumpty on January 23, 2024, 01:03:10 PMBack on 12 January, I bought a new car and decided to catch the bus to collect it rather than remortgage my house for an Uber. I work extensively with bus operators, though rarely as a passenger so the perfect opportunity to do a review.

Firstly, caught WN2076 on a 9 from Wednesfield to Bloxwich at 18.23hrs - on time and a very pleasant female driver who arrived on time and allowed a couple of elderly passengers sit down before pulling away. Paid by contactless and sat in the single seat opposite the driver. Not a great deal of leg room but a fantastic view of the road ahead and the cab. Very smooth and courteous driver, bus very clean and amazingly still on time when I got off at Bloxwich with the traffic.

Next bus was WA6758 on X51 from Bloxwich to Birmingham. Again, very polite and courteous driver - very smooth drive even with the frequent stops and the occasional miscreant boy racer cutting up the bus! Very surprised (from a build aspect, rather than driver!) how very few rattle and how good the condition of both buses were considering their age.

And as for the value, having paid contactless on each bus, very well worth the £2 fare on each bus. Took me right back to my younger days catching the 560 and 951!

Nice work NX!
Thought you had a oap pass 😂

Westy

On behalf of my sister, a bus on time from.Wednesfield to Bloxwich!

Wonders will never cease!

Wumpty

Quote from: karl724223 on January 23, 2024, 03:09:44 PMThought you had a oap pass 😂
Close, I've got the first of the honorary ALF passes :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Wumpty

n all fairn
Quote from: Westy on January 23, 2024, 07:49:59 PM
On behalf of my sister, a bus on time from.Wednesfield to Bloxwich!

Wonders will never cease!
She's obviously catching it at the wrong time - I must have dropped lucky, especially with the traffic!

BlackCountryBusSpotter

1840 I already posted about in the Walsall Thread, but the Driver was a good bloke, professional made a suitation on board the Veichle really well. Appolgised to the people involved and the other passenger and even did a bit of traffic management to help his colleague behind. I've seen these suitations before go badly wrong and maybe it was because the other passengers and the people involved weren't in particular rush as it was at about 2-3ish in the afternoon and not a school time or peak time service, but because he was being a top bloke the other passengers me included were being respectful. He couldn't see his colleague behind, so I was sat at the back I let him know so he could help/inform of him of what was happening. 

Driver of 1886 coming home on the 15:10 39 which was rammed Female Driver, She had just taken over the journey gave everyone a smile, drove professionally and kept to time despite the traffic and rammed nature of the bus stopped at near enough every stop between The Manor and Darlaston. Made sure there was enough room for other passengers with pushchairs to get on, she asked for some to be folded up as there was already two on board. First time I've ever seen a driver ask this and overall two professional drivers. 
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
NXWM 529, 25, 41, 11, 11A, 40, 47
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,
Frequently Travelled On Routes
79, 34/37, 39 and Very Occasionally the 529 and 74

don

Quote from: Wumpty on January 23, 2024, 08:51:06 PMClose, I've got the first of the honorary ALF passes :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
@Wumpty, my ALF permit arrived this morning - I paid the extra and got a nationwide one (although only England - doesn't cover Scotland, Wales or N Ireland). It also has exceptions - apparently travel on bus routes operated by the agricultural community (aka farm hands, run from  operating centres referred to as farms) are not included..... 😀😀🤣 
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

Wumpty

Quote from: don on January 25, 2024, 06:54:55 PM@Wumpty, my ALF permit arrived this morning - I paid the extra and got a nationwide one (although only England - doesn't cover Scotland, Wales or N Ireland). It also has exceptions - apparently travel on bus routes operated by the agricultural community (aka farm hands, run from  operating centres referred to as farms) are not included..... 😀😀🤣
FFS :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

JosephR

What a dreadful noise these hydrogens make.  That high pitch yearning when stopping and accelerating. I wasn't expecting them to make no noise at all, but neither one to make my ears bleed. They should be installed with an artificial diesel sound just enough to cover that horrible high pitch alien spaceship noise. Having a passenger experience on one of those made me uneasy. 

spacecowboy150

Quote from: JosephR on February 02, 2024, 09:03:09 PMWhat a dreadful noise these hydrogens make.  That high pitch yearning when stopping and accelerating. I wasn't expecting them to make no noise at all, but neither one to make my ears bleed. They should be installed with an artificial diesel sound just enough to cover that horrible high pitch alien spaceship noise. Having a passenger experience on one of those made me uneasy.
its not so bad for me but you're not the only one that wants artificial diesel engine sounds :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk