News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Stupid mistakes involving buses

Started by Alex, September 12, 2014, 09:06:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roy

Two stories - one bus and one train.

A couple of days after Pensnett received its first Tridents, I was on board a 246 heading towards Dudley.  A woman boarded in Brierley Hill High Street and then started screaming at the driver when he failed to turn left into Bank Street.  When he explained that he was a 246 and not a 255 as she thought, she replied "well it can't be, it's the wrong shape".

A few years ago, I was on a Virgin Cross Country service that had just left New Street.  Just in front of me was a foreign gentleman.  When the Train Manager came round to check tickets, he looked at the gentleman's ticket and said "I'm sorry sir, you're on the wrong train".  The reply was "No, this right train, this Newcastle train" to which the Train Manager replied "Sorry sir, this Newquay train".   

CL

Not something to do with this thread entirely, but reading these is making me think if I should laugh or look on with awe. :D
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Alex

One from a journey i had on Friday:

I caught the 1710 WA41 off Walsall to get home, and there was a couple sat adjacent to me, who thought they were on a WA40 (in all fairness to them, the 40 and 41 interwork and it did come in to Walsall saying 40 Walsall beforehand), so when we got to the main difference to the route, where the 40 continues through Lodge Farm, but the 41 turns off and serves Lane Head and New Invention, they didn't have a clue what was happening, so asked around, to which i answered

''This is the 41, not the 40''
''No, it said 40 when we got on''
''They interwork, so the 40 becomes a 41''
''Ohh sh**, now how do we get to the main road?''
''Walk?''

To be honest, i shouldn't have be i may have laughed a little under my breath as they got off

Hypocrites are like flares... a right pain if one goes near you, and really annoying to get rid of...

My YouTube channel: Alex Jones

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXjxo69BfENu3fiWuzCNYyg

the trainbasher

Almost got on the wrong coach Thursday. Could have ended up in heathrow instead of Gatwick South Terminal...

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

the trainbasher

Quote from: Matt on January 04, 2015, 10:32:25 PM
Just remembered another from a few weeks back.

A couple of local chavs got on the 241 from Dudley with the intention of going down to Merry Hill. They seemed to think it went the same way as the 276 so were amazed when it turned off Buffery Road. They then went to ask the driver how long it was to Merry Hill whose response was one hour. Well done lads

I've also seen on numerous occasions people putting notes down the fare chute then looking rather miffed when they find out NX don't give change.

Another BIG mistake was going on Andrew's late night 246 on the 24th...being Christmas Eve, there were people around who had clearly had one too many...this one woman seemed to take a "liking" to me & I had to take evasive action to avoid getting a face full of lipstick and booze...she tried to get Andrew too but the assault screen came in handy there  8)

Was she good looking?  ;)

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

the trainbasher

Quote from: Matt on January 04, 2015, 11:46:51 PM
Quote from: the trainbasher on January 04, 2015, 11:35:12 PM

A couple of local chavs got on the 241 from Dudley with the intention of going down to Merry Hill. They seemed to think it went the same way as the 276 so were amazed when it turned off Buffery Road. They then went to ask the driver how long it was to Merry Hill whose response was one hour. Well done lads

I've also seen on numerous occasions people putting notes down the fare chute then looking rather miffed when they find out NX don't give change.

Another BIG mistake was going on Andrew's late night 246 on the 24th...being Christmas Eve, there were people around who had clearly had one too many...this one woman seemed to take a "liking" to me & I had to take evasive action to avoid getting a face full of lipstick and booze...she tried to get Andrew too but the assault screen came in handy there  8)

Errr, no

Fair enough

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Matt on January 05, 2015, 12:05:08 AM
Quote from: the trainbasher on January 05, 2015, 12:03:02 AM
Quote from: Matt on January 04, 2015, 11:46:51 PM
Quote from: the trainbasher on January 04, 2015, 11:35:12 PM

Errr, no

Fair enough

He who finds frogs attractive may find her good looking....

Ahh, Winston's cup of tea then. Say no more!!
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

B.C Driver

Pershore road bus a few nights ago travelling towards City in Stirchley displaying '46 City centre via Lozells'  :)
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

- May the 4s be with you!

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Bham Central Driver on January 05, 2015, 01:34:05 AM
Pershore road bus a few nights ago travelling towards City in Stirchley displaying '46 City centre via Lozells'  :)

And one last night displaying Birmingham 55!!!
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
until it cought fire

:D

Mistake #1: Was at Solihull Rail station. Decided to take 72 to Bromford instead of the usual either taking a train to town then the 72, or 957 to Swan Centre then the 11.

Mistake #2: Wanted to go to somewhere that took me about 10 minutes with 8A, but took 8C instead and deciding to stay on, going all way around.

vinh1000

If I'm bored usually go home from uni 2 ways instead of train

82 to Solihull
30 to acocks green
36 to sparkbrook
Then any bus from Stratford road to town then 46 home

Or
900 to airport
75 to Sutton Coldfield
110 to town
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

Liverpool Street

Quote from: vinh1000 on January 06, 2015, 03:41:25 PM
If I'm bored usually go home from uni 2 ways instead of train

82 to Solihull
30 to acocks green
36 to sparkbrook
Then any bus from Stratford road to town then 46 home

Or
900 to airport
75 to Sutton Coldfield
110 to town

@vinh1000 , your second option is the more favourite, I wouldn't stand voluntarily going home via Stratford Road... Eugh.
until it cought fire

j789

Would be interesting to hear from other bus drivers on their embarrassing errors. Fortunately I haven't made too many but when driving the 44 route in Worcester on a journey to County Hall I left the bus station and then preceded to follow the 44 route back to Malvern via St Johns instead of going to towards County Hall. It was only when I had got to Malvern Road (about a mile from Worcester) that a passenger piped up and asked if I was planning on going to County Hall. Very embarrassing having to turn around at Lower Wick island and run back empty to the city to follow the proper route. The dangers of cross city routes!!!!!

andrew1991

A new starter at Pensnett took his X96 through Netherton by the aldi (276 route) if that counts

John

I was on a late night 94 a few months back. I was coming off Auckland Drive onto the island with the Collector Road, but instead of turning off the island onto the Birmingham Road, I turned back into Auckland Drive (God knows why!) So  I had to do a big U turn where the City bound 94 turns right onto Auckland Drive and go round the island again. At least I had no passengers on, otherwise I don't know what they would have thought I was doing  ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk