News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

What's happening to B10L and B6LE allocated services when they get withdrawn?

Started by KayP, March 30, 2012, 07:56:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

I haven't had the full list of Macrh changes from the company yet

Nathan4775

Didnt WA originally have them buses to start off with ?? & I wouldnt be surprised if one ended up on the 997 on A sunday as they are single decker operated now on Sundays & Evenings
My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

MW

Quote from: NathanJC on April 06, 2012, 07:29:55 PM
Didnt WA originally have them buses to start off with ?? & I wouldnt be surprised if one ended up on the 997 on A sunday as they are single decker operated now on Sundays & Evenings

On the other hand, I would be surprised if they end up on the 997, simply because of the fine they'd pay for entering the city soon. The B10Ls would have to be strictly for non Birmingham routes at Walsall.

Nathan4775

This new Birmingham Emisson is costing NXWM alot of money & time I think,

Plaxton's
B10L's
B6LE's
Mercs

Carnt enter the City but what happens when a bus is unavalible on that route e.g.
BY 17 an ominilinks breaks down and the only replacement is a merc what happens then ??
My Flickr;

John

If that happened then the Merc will have to run as an E journey as far into Birmingham as it can, or they might have to borrow another Scania from another garage if possible

winston

They will need to ensure they have sufficient spares, if necessary they may have to exchange compliant buses off non Birmingham routes to prevent a fine or stop them short/turn them around before entering the City Centre boundary

Quote from: NathanJC on April 24, 2012, 10:13:02 AM
This new Birmingham Emisson is costing NXWM alot of money & time I think,

Plaxton's
B10L's
B6LE's
Mercs

Carnt enter the City but what happens when a bus is unavalible on that route e.g.
BY 17 an ominilinks breaks down and the only replacement is a merc what happens then ??

Nathan4775

Quote from: John-s-91 on April 24, 2012, 10:19:41 AM
If that happened then the Merc will have to run as an E journey as far into Birmingham as it can, or they might have to borrow another Scania from another garage if possible

So as far a Digbeth Coach Station, to be fair the only passangers they would loose is from Birmingham, Moor Street. or does Digbeth come under the new emmison becuase it would only be able to turn around at the Markets so either way it would get a fine if B'Ham markets comes under the new emmison if not then that would be an ideal place for service 17 to terminate if a merc operated on that route  ;D

So what if theres no buses that can go on loan ?
My Flickr;

MW

Quote from: NathanJC on April 24, 2012, 12:13:57 PM

So as far a Digbeth Coach Station, to be fair the only passangers they would loose is from Birmingham, Moor Street. or does Digbeth come under the new emmison becuase it would only be able to turn around at the Markets so either way it would get a fine if B'Ham markets comes under the new emmison if not then that would be an ideal place for service 17 to terminate if a merc operated on that route  ;D

There are always buses available for loan. BC & BY appear to work together so I'm sure BY can borrow an Eclipses from BC if required.

Ash

A bit of topic but i remember when the 404 was first operated by omnilinks in 2009 they all entered service and there was a problem in bradford place and the buses were catching something ( i think thats the reason) and west brom has to borrow buses from all different garages just to cover i remember seeing omnilinks from perry barr, metrobuses from acocks green ( and they had not operated since 2007) and on the route were WB mercs,b6le, presidents basically any bus spare in the garage so around 19 buses had to be found so im sure with the emmission rules buses will be found if needed from other garages.

MW

Quote from: Ash on April 24, 2012, 06:08:44 PM
A bit of topic but i remember when the 404 was first operated by omnilinks in 2009 they all entered service and there was a problem in bradford place and the buses were catching something ( i think thats the reason) and west brom has to borrow buses from all different garages just to cover i remember seeing omnilinks from perry barr, metrobuses from acocks green ( and they had not operated since 2007) and on the route were WB mercs,b6le, presidents basically any bus spare in the garage so around 19 buses had to be found so im sure with the emmission rules buses will be found if needed from other garages.

Yeah there was some sort of oil spillage I think. A lot of Perry Barr Scanias were on the 404.

Ash

Quote from: thetruth on April 24, 2012, 06:50:58 PM
It was March 2009.

There were only 2 PB Scanias on loan. 1836 and 1837. Also 3111 from Wolverhampton. Can't remember what else cos I'm getting old and forgetful.

They were finding pools of diesel underneath the Scania parked in the depot.

Yeah i didnt know the exact reason it was good seeing metrobuses that day in west brom routes i remember them being on the 80,128 and 449 yeah there was only the 2 scania's on the 404 with a mixed range of other vehicles west brom depot must have been empty that day apart from the 404 scania's

Nathan4775

Quote from: Michael on April 24, 2012, 05:56:34 PM

There are always buses available for loan. BC & BY appear to work together so I'm sure BY can borrow an Eclipses from BC if required.

Fair enough, but arnt all of BC gonna be used ????
My Flickr;

MW

Quote from: NathanJC on April 24, 2012, 07:24:26 PM
Quote from: Michael on April 24, 2012, 05:56:34 PM

Fair enough, but arnt all of BC gonna be used ????

Hence the word loan. Short term. Temporary.

Nathan4775

My Flickr;

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk