News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

What's happening to B10L and B6LE allocated services when they get withdrawn?

Started by KayP, March 30, 2012, 07:56:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Because there are several B10's that run the 37 alongside the omnilinks aswell as the the 5 and S1 so even though they are getting the new urban eclipses, which will mainly be used on the 71/72 will that leave enough buses for the routes that are currently B10 operated. It's why I wondered if they would transfer all the B10's as it would be ashame if they all left as they are the best SD in the fleet (in my opinion)!

winston

As Michael has already said, there are 23 new Eclipse potentially replacing 25 elderly B10L's, either the number of spares can be reduced as they are brand new or if AG need the additional 2 single deckers may be they will have two more of the 6 outstanding Omnilinks still due to come down from Dundee i.e. 7028-7033 or 2 more Presidents. Can't see them keeping just 2 B10L's due to having to stock spares etc

Quote from: 966 on March 31, 2012, 09:45:38 PM
Because there are several B10's that run the 37 alongside the omnilinks aswell as the the 5 and S1 so even though they are getting the new urban eclipses, which will mainly be used on the 71/72 will that leave enough buses for the routes that are currently B10 operated. It's why I wondered if they would transfer all the B10's as it would be ashame if they all left as they are the best SD in the fleet (in my opinion)!

SMK

Quote from: davey on March 31, 2012, 07:51:13 PM
Will be nice to see some B10L's back at Walsall. Could certainly be used on 39 at peak times, I've seen B6LE's rammed with students around Wolverhampton at 9amish.
Agreed.
Before the bus review the Tridents on the 79 between Wolves and the college were usually pretty full at peak times.
So of course reducing the 79 to every 20 mins and extending the B6LE-only 39 from Bilston was bound to result in crammed B6LEs.
I'm not sure of the 39's route between Bilston and Darlaston.
Anyone know if that section can accomodate B10Ls?
We'll get rid of your bus to Wolves and replace it with one to Walsall instead.......... Oh the joy of a Network Review. -_-

davey

Agreed.
Before the bus review the Tridents on the 79 between Wolves and the college were usually pretty full at peak times.
So of course reducing the 79 to every 20 mins and extending the B6LE-only 39 from Bilston was bound to result in crammed B6LEs.
I'm not sure of the 39's route between Bilston and Darlaston.
Anyone know if that section can accomodate B10Ls?

I'm not sure on the route, but B7RLE's used to operate on a Sunday when the route was the 339 - assuming the 339 and 39 route between Bilston & Walsall didn't change. 
Long live 4001!
PE Radio Operations - "1540, go ahead"
1540 driver - "The engines died, AGAIN!"

lynx1103

Walsall could transfer 2 Scania to Acocks Green to replace all of Volvo B10L`s at Acocks green. I`m glad B10L`s are coming back to Walsall they are so much nicer than a scania and B7RlE. B10L`s could operated on the 34/38/39. Thease services are on the same running boards and the 38 operates via Manor Hospital where a low bridge is. B7RLES and scania`s cannot fit under the bridge but B10L`s can. That is why the 34/38/39 only see`s B6`s. A 17xx B7RLE is 11.4 and the bridge is 10.6 that is why only B6`s operate on thease services. On the 39 I think it should be re-routed out of Herberts park because A B10L is a bit big for this section of route.

1512 is repainted allover white. I`m gussing it might be re joining the tranning fleet.

Stu

Only the 71, 72 and S1 are B10L operated. And the S1 only uses one bus.

AG already gained two Omnilinks from Dundee, bringing the number of Omnilinks there up to 25, which should be more than enough to keep the 37 all-Omnilink operated. And AG have received extra Presidents from BC too, which they've been using to 'help-out' on peak-time workings of the 37, which is where you'd have seen B10Ls being used. The odd B10L has also appeared on other double-deck routes, like the 1, 5 and 31, but that was probably only while double-decks have been off for repaint/repair.

In the next week or so, when you get a chance to catch a B10L, do so, as it may be your last opportunity. I hope that some of them can be put to good use at other garages.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tony

Scanias fit under the bridge, I was involved in checking when they were first delivered to Walsall, there is about 10 inches to spare.

Here is 1883 on the test run
http://wmbusphotos.com/NXWM/1750-1953/1883.html

Tony

MW

There isn't 'several' B10s that run alongside the 37. There is one or two, which can easily be replaced by two more Presidents or two more Scanias. There are also 7019/20 which often venture on to the 71/72 along with other OmniLinks, so the 37 can be operated solely by Scanias, if AG allocated them all to it.

Like I said previously, it is unlikely that AG will keep one or two B10Ls. There are 23 new vehicles to replace 25 older vehicles. They will either gain two buses from somewhere else, or lower the spare ratio.

Ash

Quote from: Michael on April 01, 2012, 04:11:45 PM

There isn't 'several' B10s that run alongside the 37. There is one or two, which can easily be replaced by two more Presidents or two more Scanias. There are also 7019/20 which often venture on to the 71/72 along with other OmniLinks, so the 37 can be operated solely by Scanias, if AG allocated them all to it.

Like I said previously, it is unlikely that AG will keep one or two B10Ls. There are 23 new vehicles to replace 25 older vehicles. They will either gain two buses from somewhere else, or lower the spare ratio.

It could be that WB transfer 2 of their presidents to AG and recieve 2 mercs from pensnett in return may be an option.

Lukeee

Even after PB recieve more ex Dundee Omnilinks i think they'll keep some B10Ls for the 28 route.

KayP

What about the ex-dundee omnilinks?

Quote from: winston on March 31, 2012, 10:37:14 PM
As Michael has already said, there are 23 new Eclipse potentially replacing 25 elderly B10L's, either the number of spares can be reduced as they are brand new or if AG need the additional 2 single deckers may be they will have two more of the 6 outstanding Omnilinks still due to come down from Dundee i.e. 7028-7033 or 2 more Presidents. Can't see them keeping just 2 B10L's due to having to stock spares etc

Stu

Of those that have already arrived in the West Midlands, 2 have gone to Acocks Green, 1 to Bordesley Green and the rest appear to be allocated to Perry Barr.
My locals:

KayP

Couldn't they convert the 952 to double decker, and have it interwork with the 907, to free up some omnilinks?

Quote from: Lukeee on April 01, 2012, 05:44:05 PM
Even after PB recieve more ex Dundee Omnilinks i think they'll keep some B10Ls for the 28 route.

Tony

Quote from: Stu on April 01, 2012, 07:36:51 PM
Of those that have already arrived in the West Midlands, 2 have gone to Acocks Green, 1 to Bordesley Green and the rest appear to be allocated to Perry Barr.
The one 'at Bordesley' is now at Perry Barr

Stu

Quote from: Tony on April 01, 2012, 07:48:05 PM
Quote from: Stu on April 01, 2012, 07:36:51 PM
The one 'at Bordesley' is now at Perry Barr

Ah I see, your list still shows 7206 as allocated to BY, so I guess its not been updated yet!  :D
My locals:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk