News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

What's happening to B10L and B6LE allocated services when they get withdrawn?

Started by KayP, March 30, 2012, 07:56:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KayP

At the moment, about half of PE services, some WB services, 27, 66, 636, 46 are all operated by B10Ls and B6LEs, does anyone know what's going to happen to these routes once these buses are all withdrawn?

Stu

PE will probably shift Mercs onto B6LE routes, if Mercs don't get withdrawn or rotated first.

Of the garages that operate B10Ls, only AG will have most of their allocation withdrawn; YW only use their few B10Ls on the 27 service now, now the 2 and 3 have been upgraded back to double-deck operation. PB are receiving some more ex-Dundee Omnilinks which they can use to replace any B10Ls on the 66, I believe they're using a double-deck Gemini or two on the 46 service now. There are still plenty of B10Ls in decent condition, these may get rotated around to other garages to withdraw battered B10Ls, or could even go to other garages to replace battered Mercs that don't operate into Birmingham city centre.

I imagine WBs B6LEs will remain for now, but the immediate concern must be for the B6LEs at BC to be replaced for the 636 service by Summer 2012, when this new emissions requirement for city centre buses comes into force.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Bob

what about walsall? they have a lot of routes that are B6LE operated

Stu

There's no immediate requirement to withdraw their B6LEs as they don't operate into Birmingham city centre, nor Merry Hill. So for now, they will remain, like WBs.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tony

Walsall are to receive some B10Ls to replace B6s, I believe 7129 is already there

Ash

At WB mercs seem to be replacing the b6le's as they seem the regular allocation on the 401 and 402 now as well as now appearing regulary on the 428 and 429 with their not being a route now at WB that sees b6le's only from what i can recall

uniquicity

Mercs on the 429? That would be a bit tight down Crookhay Lane. They are ok for the 428.

Ash

Yeah there was one on today and yesterday was really suprised my self but the one i saw down west brom high street heading to wednesbury when i was on the 74 was rammed full

lynx1103

Some Volov B10L`s will return to Walsall
EX-Acocks Green Examples

are at Walsall to be re-instated there to replace Volvo B6`s

winston

Any idea how many will transfer to WA in total?

WA was the major B6 stronghold, glad to see B10L's are being retained in favour of withdrawing further B6

Quote from: lynx1103 on March 31, 2012, 04:55:09 PM
Some Volov B10L`s will return to Walsall
EX-Acocks Green Examples

are at Walsall to be re-instated there to replace Volvo B6`s

davey

Will be nice to see some B10L's back at Walsall. Could certainly be used on 39 at peak times, I've seen B6LE's rammed with students around Wolverhampton at 9amish.
Long live 4001!
PE Radio Operations - "1540, go ahead"
1540 driver - "The engines died, AGAIN!"

MW

AG will be losing all B10Ls (25?) and all of them are in immaculate condition (surprisingly), so they'll probably be heading to other depots such as WA & PB replacing the B6LEs, and the poorly maintained examples.

Surely AG won't be losing all B10's, the 37 still uses B10's along with 1 bus that runs the S1 plus the occassional one that runs on the 5. 

KayP

Can't these services just be replaced with spare omnilinks and B7RLEs?

Quote from: 966 on March 31, 2012, 08:41:43 PM
Surely AG won't be losing all B10's, the 37 still uses B10's along with 1 bus that runs the S1 plus the occassional one that runs on the 5.

MW

Quote from: 966 on March 31, 2012, 08:41:43 PM

Why would AG keep one or two B10Ls? More than likely, 2 more Presidents from BC to replace the 2 B10Ls left when all Eclipse2s are in service.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk