News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Reading Buses

Started by nitromatt1, June 26, 2014, 04:34:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJ

QuoteReading Buses have agreed terms to purchase local independent operator Courtney Buses.

Founded in 1973 as a taxi firm before moving into coaches and later buses, Courtney Buses now operates a fleet of 57 buses on a network of services, including commercial local bus services in Bracknell and Slough, tendered services on behalf of Bracknell Forest, Wokingham Borough and the Royal Borough of Windsor & Maidenhead Councils, and several high-profile corporate contracts as far afield as Basingstoke, Didcot and Weybridge.

The acquisition also includes Courtney Bodyworks – which offers a range of vehicle repairs and a full-size bus paint shop – and Courtney Authorised Testing Facility, which is equipped to carry out MOT tests on large vehicles.

https://cbwmagazine.com/reading-buses-acquires-courtney-buses/

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

winston

Quote from: StourValley98 on March 05, 2019, 01:10:39 PM
https://cbwmagazine.com/reading-buses-acquires-courtney-buses/

Seems a good purchase by Reading Buses, they're moping up a number of independents of late plus expanded in to Berskhire with former First routes previously.

Dylanbusboy45

Quote from: Winston on March 05, 2019, 02:00:11 PM
Seems a good purchase by Reading Buses, they're moping up a number of independents of late plus expanded in to Berskhire with former First routes previously.

Indeed, they have a very smart fleet from what I can tell from visits to Didcot, Bracknell, Heathrow and Slough. At this rate, they appear to be surrounding the former Beeline operations from all directions! Not many other independent companies left now in Berkshire I don't think, only White Bus of Winkfield springs to mind, who also run services into Surrey.

mikestone

That's possibly true for the office contract services but last time I visited Maidenhead almost every bus was in a different livery.

mikestone

Interestingly Reading's Slough area local routes are cancelled in this weeks N&P - searching the vosa site reveals that unsurprisingly they have been registered on the Courtney licence, particularly interesting as they were initially operated in competion with Courtney in their pre-Reading days.

the trainbasher

Quote from: mikestone on September 20, 2019, 04:05:39 PM
Interestingly Reading's Slough area local routes are cancelled in this weeks N&P - searching the vosa site reveals that unsurprisingly they have been registered on the Courtney licence, particularly interesting as they were initially operated in competion with Courtney in their pre-Reading days.

Because Courtney is owned by Reading Buses it is merely an administrative measure

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk