News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Telford Garage

Started by Ashley, April 06, 2014, 12:59:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PM

Quote from: Tony on August 18, 2014, 07:48:33 PM
Quote from: DiamondDart on August 18, 2014, 06:56:04 PM
According to Arriva North East drivers, they're slower than the Pulsar 2's-of all batches-and will only do 50-55 vs at least 60 on the Pulsar 2's.

They are only 'slower' because of the way operators set up the engine management systems. 'Will only do 50-55'? so what. There is no road on the 1 or two route with a speed limit above 40 mph. Again that is just down to what the company sets the speed limiter to, nothing to do with the bus. The at least '60' will no doubt be 62.5mph which is the maximum speed by law an bus speed limiter can be set at.

Yeah but the routes ANE are putting them on eg X1 aren't the same as the Cannock 1. They're fast interurban routes Timetables on the Darlington X1 are being altered to cater for the new streetlites ie greater running time as they won't achieve the same speeds as Pulsar 2's, according to drivers who have driven both.

arrivadays

2374 on the 55 today. Looks to be much healthier now, thankfully.

Additionally, has 2275 (FL52 MML) really been sold? I swear I only saw it the other day.
This is a personal appeal... For Pete's Sake just save the #!@?$&% Scania's - don't let them follow the Dennis Falcons!

arrivadays

Just seen YJ59 BVH drive past - it's sounding very poorly, with it vibrating so loudly when accelerating, I thought I heard a motorbike drive past with it.
This is a personal appeal... For Pete's Sake just save the #!@?$&% Scania's - don't let them follow the Dennis Falcons!

domino.99

Does the 892 accept Nbus' if going from Wolverhampton to Telford?

Solo1

Quote from: NXDom on August 30, 2014, 01:38:50 PM
I would think only to the centro boundary

Trident 4609

Quote from: NXDom on August 30, 2014, 01:38:50 PM

Only up to the West Midlands border which is just past Tettenhall

arrivadays

With the StreetLites arriving soon, is the 12 going to be a Sapphire route or just a standard route like always?

Busman Jamie

Streetlites for Telford are just standard, bit of a downgrade from citaros if you ask me

bwsau cymru

Quote from: DiamondDart on August 19, 2014, 09:30:36 AM
Quote from: Tony on August 18, 2014, 07:48:33 PM
Quote from: DiamondDart on August 18, 2014, 06:56:04 PM
According to Arriva North East drivers, they're slower than the Pulsar 2's-of all batches-and will only do 50-55 vs at least 60 on the Pulsar 2's.

They are only 'slower' because of the way operators set up the engine management systems. 'Will only do 50-55'? so what. There is no road on the 1 or two route with a speed limit above 40 mph. Again that is just down to what the company sets the speed limiter to, nothing to do with the bus. The at least '60' will no doubt be 62.5mph which is the maximum speed by law an bus speed limiter can be set at.

Yeah but the routes ANE are putting them on eg X1 aren't the same as the Cannock 1. They're fast interurban routes Timetables on the Darlington X1 are being altered to cater for the new streetlites ie greater running time as they won't achieve the same speeds as Pulsar 2's, according to drivers who have driven both.

I know arriva midlands limit there vehicles at 60 mph, yes I cant understand why not do it at 62!
campaigning for better transport for all

Ashley

Streetlites 3310 3311 3312 to hit the road tomorrow on Gorge services

Citaro 3010 has gone back to Tamworth

Pulsar 3779 has returned to Telford

derningtona

3779 passed me on the 116 from Birmingham on the 18th. I suppose  that will have been one of its last Tamworth workings.
Only Guy Arabs (a choice of 63) stopped at my front door 1957-1964!

Westy

Is Muxton easy to get to from Telford Town Centre?

The brother & sister in law are planning to move from Pelsall to Telford, so it's nearer for the sis in laws work at Harper Adams, while the niece has to commute to Wolves Uni.(Muxton is the current favourite!)

Costwise, the bus wins out, but the journey from Wolves to Telford stop at teatime, so journey timewise, the train appears to be better but more expensive coupled with any bus out of Telford!

the trainbasher

If commuting by train and bus (using bus in Telford) over periods of a week/month or more a plusbus season coupled with a rail season might be worth it?

If commuting in the Centro area too then a network with telford extension possibly?

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Westy

To be honest, as far as our side of the family is concerned, it would be just be the occasional day trip over there!

Both the sis in law & niece (only just!) drive, so they can get about fairly easily.

(You never know, the niece might move closer to Wolves & her uni friends!)

arrivadays

33 is a half hour journey from the Town Centre to Muxton.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk