News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Telford Garage

Started by Ashley, April 06, 2014, 12:59:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashley

Quote from: Bob on August 18, 2014, 05:16:12 PM
Christ they're ugly .....

I think they look ok tbh, abit bland until the fleetnames are applied

arrivadays

Looks like a 5 year-old designed them!
This is a personal appeal... For Pete's Sake just save the #!@?$&% Scania's - don't let them follow the Dennis Falcons!

winston

Why is it Arriva specify a full stainless steel panel underneath the fuel filler cap? they look like they've been damaged/had replacement panels when still brand new.

Bob

Has anyone seen any YouTube videos of them? ?? Horrendously noisy even more unpleasant than pulsars. ..why couldnt they invest in some more citaros ie decent quality instead of these piles of crap?

Bob

Also I can understand the 1 being ripe for an upgrade cos its a busy commuter service but the 2??? Its barely used!

PM

According to Arriva North East drivers, they're slower than the Pulsar 2's-of all batches-and will only do 50-55 vs at least 60 on the Pulsar 2's.

Tony

Quote from: DiamondDart on August 18, 2014, 06:56:04 PM
According to Arriva North East drivers, they're slower than the Pulsar 2's-of all batches-and will only do 50-55 vs at least 60 on the Pulsar 2's.

They are only 'slower' because of the way operators set up the engine management systems. 'Will only do 50-55'? so what. There is no road on the 1 or two route with a speed limit above 40 mph. Again that is just down to what the company sets the speed limiter to, nothing to do with the bus. The at least '60' will no doubt be 62.5mph which is the maximum speed by law an bus speed limiter can be set at.

Bob

Is that why cannocks pulsars can barely cope with even the slightest incline then tony?

Tony

Quote from: Bob on August 18, 2014, 08:26:46 PM
Is that why cannocks pulsars can barely cope with even the slightest incline then tony?

It probably is. I have no idea how Arriva set their buses up, but most operators now set them for maximum fuel economy, so most newer buses tend to be slower off the mark than their equivalent older model

Bob

I dunno. Cannocks older sb200 ( route 1) struggle just as much. 

Bob

Youd think being lightweights theyd be a bit nippier. Its like theyve got hardly any power

Ashley

I'm going to Telford on Wednesday morning, will 3010 still be there and is 2633 still in use or was its time in reserve brief? Thanks in advance

s94

Quote from: Winston on August 18, 2014, 05:43:48 PM

Why is it Arriva specify a full stainless steel panel underneath the fuel filler cap? they look like they've been damaged/had replacement panels when still brand new.
I notice 4264 has this but not 4268? Seems quite odd.

Bob

I have to say these buses ( as well as being hideously ugly looking) look a bit smaller than the commanders currently used? Do they have the same seating capacity

arrivadays

Quote from: Ashley on August 18, 2014, 09:13:27 PM
I'm going to Telford on Wednesday morning, will 3010 still be there and is 2633 still in use or was its time in reserve brief? Thanks in advance

Haven't seen 2633 since it was withdrawn - 3010 might still be here though. Hopefully!
This is a personal appeal... For Pete's Sake just save the #!@?$&% Scania's - don't let them follow the Dennis Falcons!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk