News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Bus Accidents/Incidents.

Started by P419 EJW, June 15, 2014, 11:53:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

I have been informed that 6987 had an RTC on Warley Road this afternoon while on the 12A. A car went into the back of it while it was stationary at the Basons Lane stop.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tony

Quote from: ZF B7 on January 11, 2022, 02:08:03 PM
Looks like it might be off service for a bit, got into an accident at Moorend Avenue today. Offside front is quite damaged

Wasn't too bad. AG have marked it repaired today

John

Looks like 4951 (judging by the tracking) is the victim of arson on the 48 at Weoley Castle

don

Go Ahead London General AD/BYD Ee18
collided with a building this morning

London bus crash: Children injured as double-decker hits shop https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-60125408
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

markcf83

Quote from: don on January 25, 2022, 12:08:36 PM
Go Ahead London General AD/BYD Ee19 collided with a building this morning

London bus crash: Children injured as double-decker hits shop https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-60125408

Confirmed as Ee 18. Apparently the driver had a heart attack at the wheel,though not confirmed.
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

don

Quote from: markcf83 on January 25, 2022, 06:22:05 PM
Confirmed as Ee 18.

Thanks I've corrected my post - was lucky to have avoided the tree.

Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

Sandy Lane

Wumpty

2019 involved in collision with dog on A449 Stafford Road outside Goodyear Pavillion (I stopped to check he was OK). Minor damage to NSF bottom corner and front tow flap. Believe driver ran DEAD back to garage.
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

markcf83

Stagecoach South Wales Solo 47204 has been involved in an accident in the Cwmaman area of Aberdare this afternoon. The front nearside of the Solo is superficially damaged, the car looks like a write-off.

Stu

My locals:

Stu

Quote from: Stu on March 04, 2022, 08:41:06 AM
"Serious crash between a car and a bus" on Druids Lane, Maypole:
https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/live-maypole-crash-traffic-collision-23284329

Sadly it seems that the driver of the car lost their life, but they must have been doing some speed for this to happen.

And the bus must have been badly damaged if the driver and two passengers suffered injuries as a result of the crash.

It would appear from BusTimes that the bus in question was 6896.
My locals:

markcf83

Quote from: markcf83 on February 22, 2022, 04:06:58 PM
Stagecoach South Wales Solo 47204 has been involved in an accident in the Cwmaman area of Aberdare this afternoon. The front nearside of the Solo is superficially damaged but thebus was indeed written off as was the car.

Mike K

Quote from: Stu on March 04, 2022, 06:21:54 PM
Sadly it seems that the driver of the car lost their life, but they must have been doing some speed for this to happen.

And the bus must have been badly damaged if the driver and two passengers suffered injuries as a result of the crash.

It would appear from BusTimes that the bus in question was 6896.

Yes you can see from pictures that it is 6896. As you say, the car must have been going at some speed looking at the damage to it. Looks as though it has lost control on the bend on Druids Lane approaching Maypole, and hit the oncoming bus causing both vehicles to leave the road. Very sad.

mesub

4925 seemed to have been involved with a collision due to a car trying to overtake it on the 18 in Bartley Green.

The bus seemed in a better condition than the car, which I was informed experienced a mini oil spill.
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

uniquicity

[tweet]1501244857104412678[/tweet]

Any ideas what operator / vehicle was involved in this... drawing a blank from bustimes

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk