News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Bus Accidents/Incidents.

Started by P419 EJW, June 15, 2014, 11:53:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

There was a man likely on drugs on 4915 on the 95 this evening making other customers feel uncomfortable. I think the girl reported her complaint about him to the driver.
And amongst other vile things he was consistently calling other people on the bus bastards, saying all they are good for is the pub, grandads who go to the pub, etc. Non stop comments to other passengers.
16.30 off City at the back of the lower deck.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

I love Walsall buses

I know this hasnt happened on a bus but there has been a stabbing in Walsall Bus station

Jack6101

Something had happened on 7524 on colmore row this evening 2 police officers was on board the bus then a NXWM inspector came and they all was talking on the bus unsure of what had happend on the bus it was on a 23 before changing to NIS
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

Westy

Quote from: I love Walsall buses on December 13, 2021, 08:31:29 PM
I know this hasnt happened on a bus but there has been a stabbing in Walsall Bus station

Can't find out much about it online, apart from Birmingham Mail online, but I was lucky i went home on a 326 direct to Bloxwich  rather than via Walsall tonight!

I love Walsall buses

Trident 4194

Bus fire on M54 according to travel news

Michael Bevan

Looks like 4601, 4573 and 6746 have been damaged in a fire at Walsall Garage. Judging from a photo I've seen, 4601 seems to have been seriously damaged in the fire.

PB2938

4601 gone then I wonder If WA will need extra buses.
952A Rugeley
Via Great Barr,  Walsall, Cheslyn Hay, Cannock, Heath Hayes and Hednesford

Solo1

If 4601 is not repaired will there be an other decker painted into Walsall colours

DJ

Quote from: Solo1 on December 28, 2021, 11:12:18 AM
If 4601 is not repaired will there be an other decker painted into Walsall colours

The incident only occurred last night. There's no point asking yet as there's not gonna be an answer.

Walsall already have 4125 there, so they do still have a heritage bus. Either way, a vanity project like that is one of the last things on their minds.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Westy

What time was that then, as I suppose the Bloxwich engine would have been going there?

(There was a fair few sirens up & down my road yesterday,  due to the proximity of both fire & police stations to me!)

Thinking about it, 4601 has been unlucky over the past few years,  as didn't it have to have a replacement axle, which kept it off the road for a time?

Gareth

A 17 year old bus with fire damage? We won't be seeing that one again.

And now I've seen the photograph, we definitely won't be seeing that one again! The Platinum next to it will also take quite a bit more than a mop and respray to sort that one out!

Wumpty

With the terrible fire at Walsall, and the serious damage to 4601, would NXWM consider renaming another bus after Mark Gauden? I don't know who Mark is (please accept my apologies if this becomes a sensitive subject), though it's always something that concerns me when a named vehicle is damaged.

Wolverhampton had a similar issue with 2010 - named after DJ Dicky Dodd, the naming ceremony was due to happen on a Saturday morning and it was involved in a rear end shunt. Damage was repaired in time but created a small issue to resolve!.
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

ZF B7

Looks like it might be off service for a bit, got into an accident at Moorend Avenue today. Offside front is quite damaged

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk